Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Games: Game Thread or Game Chat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Games: Game Thread or Game Chat?

Just want to get an idea to see what people think for game days here at the RR forums. Do most prefer a game thread on the forum here where members can comment throughout the game or just use the game chat (http://raptorsrepublic.com/toronto-r...ive-game-chat/) on the blog's main page?

I don't mind doing my game threads like I have over the years, but if there isn't much interest here then I won't bother.

Thoughts?
    Game Threads on the Forums
    42.86%
    Game Chat over on the Blog
    57.14%

If there isn't interest in game threads then maybe we could do a monthly thread where we discuss the Raptors games happening that month? We could do predictions and then discuss the month as it plays out?

Comment

I think it's just easier to do the chat during the game. Creating a thread for after the game is always good though...

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
        I think it's just easier to do the chat during the game. Creating a thread for after the game is always good though...
        Actually, Altraps does his "Role Call" after every game over on the main blog so that's really where all the post game discussion happens.

Anyhow, just thought I'd check with members here to see what everyone thought. I won't bother then if the interest isn't there.

Comment

The forum should not detract from the front of the page. The most important stuff should be in the blogs. This goes for the chat. The chat is fun and more accessible, so we should keep it. With all the Raptor games being televised we should average 40-60 people in a chat, during the course of a game. In a pre-season game that wasn't broadcast (chicago) the chat went up to 130 people. So, it has been extremely popular.
          -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
          -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

I don't understand the harm in having both. Chats is for instant reactions to plays and such. Threads are for discussion on how the game feels to that point.

Comment

I would suggest leaving the chat as is. This alongwith the postgame blog post I believe generates adequate discussion. Anyone can start a game thread if they choose to do so.

What I thought might be interesting though is instituting eg. a weekly or monthly prognostication of wins-losses of Raptors games. I am sure there'd be a lot of interest in RR land for something like that (since everyone is an expert!). Winner at end of season can get a pair for a game the following season or a cap or whatever. Winner of each game would be based on of course the correct winning team and the closest to the total combined score of that game. Of course there could be multiple winners but a tie breaker could be instituted for this eventuality. Hopefully an automated system/program could be devised by the techies at RR to maintain the ongoing input, record keeping and tabulation (by id) via the home page? Yes? No? And we dont have too much lead time do we?

Comment

I prefer gamechat but no on talks is on #raptors on EFnet. /plug So I usually end up here.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                  I would suggest leaving the chat as is. This alongwith the postgame blog post I believe generates adequate discussion. Anyone can start a game thread if they choose to do so.

What I thought might be interesting though is instituting eg. a weekly or monthly prognostication of wins-losses of Raptors games. I am sure there'd be a lot of interest in RR land for something like that (since everyone is an expert!). Winner at end of season can get a pair for a game the following season or a cap or whatever. Winner of each game would be based on of course the correct winning team and the closest to the total combined score of that game. Of course there could be multiple winners but a tie breaker could be instituted for this eventuality. Hopefully an automated system/program could be devised by the techies at RR to maintain the ongoing input, record keeping and tabulation (by id) via the home page? Yes? No? And we dont have too much lead time do we?
                  Sounds like an excellent idea!

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post

That's a great idea Bendit. I know I don't have the time to organize or keep track of it, but I wholeheartedly support the idea.

Well, I'll do the game threads and see what happens and the chats like always will remain the same on the main blog page.

Comment

Working...
                    X