Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mmm, Mmm ... How Nice Would Caron Butler Be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mmm, Mmm ... How Nice Would Caron Butler Be?

Apparently there's talk that the Wiz are close to blowing things up and that Butler is the main person who Saunders and Washington are looking to move. Rumour has it that Caron doesn't fit Saunder's system.

Don't know how we'd do it, but man would he look good in a Raptors uniform?

Link: Click here

Really nice. I would like to add:

HEDO FOR BUTLER
    Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

If that trade does happen, imo it will not be done 'till next year closer to the trade deadline. but i would do Hedo for Butler in a heartbeat.

Comment

Not saying I don't want him here (I do), but you realize he's having the worst season he's had in a long time, right?

Check this. He's having a really tough time getting acclimated to Flip's offense, which, to be fair, is hard to learn. That doesn't completely excuse his poor decision-making, though. Maybe a trade is exactly what he needs - I just know I've been almost as frustrated with him and the Wiz this year as I have been with the Raps.

Comment

Would the Wizards accept a non-Bosh offer? A Jose Calderon? A Hedo Turkoglu? An Andrea Bargnani?

Jose Calderon would look really good in a Flip Saunders offense. Don't like the idea of him and Arenas in the same backcourt ... Hedo would be a nice lateral move for the Wizards ... Bargnani? Probably not, but Butler is the type of talent I think the Raptors may be able to get for him (best offers).

I wouldn't be overly interested in Caron Butler myself... His defense is poor-to-very poor, particularly his man-to-man defense. Solid rebounder (6 per 36, 9.5% rebound rate). Below par passer. Good scorer but not that efficient (52.5% TS%) ... Lack high level talents particularly in the non-scoring elements of the game, that's why I wouldn't be overly interested in Butler.
          nbaroundtable

Comment

I would give up for him is Hedo Turkoglu and I doubt the Wizards (or any team for that matter) would be willing to pay him. Calderon for Butler would be a good swap for both teams but it would leave us very thin at PG. Since Flip's offense is apparently complicated, maybe he'll feel that Calderon's perceived high IQ could be beneficial to him.

Comment

How about something like Jose, Wright and Pops (or Weems) for Butler and Crittenton.

Yes, we'd be very thin at PG but we're thin right now.

This is what I'd like to see happen.

C: Bargnani
              PF: Bosh
              SF: Butler
              SG: DeRozan
              PG: Turkoglu

Could such a lineup work, for say half a game?
              your pal,
              ebrian

Comment

Hedo can barely stay in fornt of SF's and you want him gaurding PG's? Opposing PG's would abuse the shit outta Hedo.

Comment

More than Jose? I seriously doubt it.

Guess what, we're ALREADY being abused by opposing point guards.

Seriously, do you honestly believe Hedo Turkoglu is a worse defender than Jose, the revolving door Calderon?
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                    How about something like Jose, Wright and Pops (or Weems) for Butler and Crittenton.

Yes, we'd be very thin at PG but we're thin right now.

This is what I'd like to see happen.

C: Bargnani
                    PF: Bosh
                    SF: Butler
                    SG: DeRozan
                    PG: Turkoglu

Could such a lineup work, for say half a game?
                    I think that type of lineup would be more successful if you switched DeRozan out for Antoine Wright and had Wright defend opposing point guards. Wright would be a very good defensive player at that position. Still a fairly poor defensive lineup due to the other four positions though.
                    nbaroundtable

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                      More than Jose? I seriously doubt it.

Guess what, we're ALREADY being abused by opposing point guards.

Seriously, do you honestly believe Hedo Turkoglu is a worse defender than Jose, the revolving door Calderon?
                      Yes I do. Jose can gaurd better then Hedo. As I said before Hedo gets abused by Sf's; PG's are so much faster then SF's or atleast more are. Jose has bad D, I am not gonna lie but atleast sometimes he can somewhat stay in front of opposing PG's. just imagine Hedo, bigger then Jose, trying to gaurd PG's. It won't work

Comment

Gurk wrote: View Post
                        Yes I do. Jose can gaurd better then Hedo. As I said before Hedo gets abused by Sf's; PG's are so much faster then SF's or atleast more are. Jose has bad D, I am not gonna lie but atleast sometimes he can somewhat stay in front of opposing PG's. just imagine Hedo, bigger then Jose, trying to gaurd PG's. It won't work
                        You can't compare the two. Hedo is a slightly better defender at the 3 due to his size than Jose is at the 1. They're both terrible one on one defenders, but due to his size Hedo can afford to lay off poor shooting wings and still contest shots.

Comment

Working...
                        X