No announcement yet.

2010-2011 ESPN Predictions - WOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you'll see teams play tight man to man on the Raptors, daring them to drive.

Comment

Guys who's going to step up? It doesn't matter on offense. The team has 6 players who can put up 20 points a game. The touches will be shared, this team does not need a super-star to carry the team. There's some things to consider looking at the pre-season stats (which are still important) the team is near the top in most offensive categories and are third in steals. They've outrebounded their opponents. When was the last time you've seen the team do that?

The fact even with many of the same players as last year this is a completely different team. They are no longer a jump shooting, 3-point shooting, high-free throw %/assist team.

This is a team that rebounds and forces turnovers. A team that will make the majority of their points in the paint (even without a legitimate post-up game). The offense and defense are completely different than last year.

My point, is everyone (including myself), crapped on Milwaukee for losing 3 starters last year and they were projected to finish 14th in the conference. How did that turn out? They were a healthy Bogut away from making the second round.

This is a team that will play close games and get occasionally blown out by some of the better teams. Don't count them out, scrappy teams can surprise a lot people.

Note: On a side note, yes its only preseason, but the Raptors beat the Knicks in almost every significant statistical category. They are also posting the worst defense in the league. Their the Raptors 2.0, one dominating talent surrounded by jump shooting mediocrity. The team is way way overrated. Who cares about the talent if D'Antoni refuses to coach defense.
      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Come on people!! What do you really expect this year? Who is actually worse than us (on paper at least)??

Cavs still have 2 all stars, a bunch of really solid role players and a chip on their soldier.

New Jersey has an awesome coach and are way deeper than last year.

Beside that, who even comes close? I hope I'm wrong, but this is gonna be a long ass year and most of you are being delusional.
        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

ESPN knows shit!
          This team may not win as many games as last year, but IMO it will not be because they are worse than last year, but rather because most other teams in their division and the East in general have improved greatly.
          Getting back to this team versus last years team:
          We have not replaced CB4 offensively or on the boards and their will be some leakage there for sure, HOWEVER;
          Kleiza is a HUGE improvement to Turk both ends of the floor and also has swagger and leadership ability.
          Bargnani will be better as will Amir and Jack, and DeRozan and Weems will both have breakout years.
          Barbosa was a steal and is better than anyone we had coming off the bench last year and will be a huge sprak both ends. Davis will develop into asolid player and will provide depth this year.
          Our depth is better than last year for sure and Anderson is an improvement over Rasho.
          We got rid of ball hog chuckers ( you know who)
          Evans is improved a great deal if only because he did nothing last year.
          This team will get better and better as they play and learn and I expect them to be a nice team to watch by the second half.

Comment

I'll just say that I don't care what ESPN predicts. They said that we could in 50 games last year. Some analysts said 60. So yeah. I don't get the point of these predictions, it's not important what these guys think, I would rather hear what our players honestly predict.

Comment

Who said 60??? I don't even remember 50?..

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                Who said 60??? I don't even remember 50?..
                Yahoo! and ESPN I think... Loads of analysts thought that after our division leading year, we were going to keep increasing, and after our little slump people still thought we could get 50. I remember cause I was telling my friends how they were nuts...

Comment

We are fed up with the US predictions.
                  I don't know if we win 1 or 70 (?!?!?) games. All I want to watch is the team playing.
                  I enjoyed very much the game at Montreal, the atmosphere was great, the team was better i believe.
                  Of course nobody could stop Amare. But the defensive play in general was much better than the previous pre-season games.

I believe that the team will not be worse than last year. Ok, we don't have Bosh. Everybody asks who will take 11 rebounds and score 24 points per game. I could answer that Evans may take 11 rebounds per game, and maybe Bargniani-Barbosa-Kleiza trio could score more than 24 per game.
                  I don't know I just looking forward to tip-off.
                  The only thing that makes me believe that this year may be more difficult than last one, is that some playoff contenders of the past years like Chicago, Miami and New York, strengthened their teams much.

Comment

This year, our division is going to be super tough. 12 games against Boston, New York and New Jersey will be pretty tough. 76ers won't pose too much of a threat but they have young talent and will definitely have one W against us...

Comment

I can guarentee that non of those analyst have watched as many raptors basketball games then myself or half the people on the board. YOur telling me that these analyst with 29 teams are going to watch 7 preseason games of the team they predict to finish last in the eastern conference. Come on shake your head! The raptors are as good or better then new york, philidelphia, new jersey, detroit, washington and indians. The season will dictate who's better not these talking heads. Almost all these morons had the bucks in the bottom three of the eastern conference last year.
                      Toronto will compete and their will be very little that seperates these 7 teams. At this point based on the preseason they would have just as much chance to be better then all these teams as anyone of those teams.
                      If life was so simple it would be easy to say that with bosh and turk gone we would fall off a cliff. The fact that these two were such bad leaders and chemistry killers kills this arguement.
                      Its obvious that the team has better chemistry and is better suited to play together then last years team. A reduction of talent doesn't mean they will fall of the cliff. Depth and skill aren't to bad as compared to their eastern conference peers.

Comment

Raps will be alot worse than 40-42 and its got little to do with Bosh moreso that the east got a lot tougher....

Knicks,Indy,Washington and NJ all going to be better ESP Wiz and Nets so not only are we LESS talented as a roster
                        but several teams got more talented and more talented than us.....i cant wait to here the reasons in mid Jan were losing by 20 at home but trust me folks its coming....but it shouldnt bother yall cuz it means Harrison Barnes is on the way

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                          I'll just say that I don't care what ESPN predicts. They said that we could in 50 games last year. Some analysts said 60. So yeah. I don't get the point of these predictions, it's not important what these guys think, I would rather hear what our players honestly predict.
                          Hell, I thought we were going to win 50 games, at least, last year.. I'm sure many of us did, I don't think there was any reason to doubt that we couldn't with all the hype Turk was getting, we had a sold starting 5 with great depth.. Wouldn't fault anyone for making that prediction..

I don't think anyone can really judge how we'll do this year, so I agree with not caring about what ESPN or anyone else thinks. I think we have the ability to win if we really focus on our defense and bring the intensity every game. Our team has a lot of chemistry, and we really work together on offense really well.. If we can translate that to the defensive end, we'll be alright.

Comment

Nobody on the entire internet predicted 50 wins last year, let alone 60 which is one of more idiotic statements I can remember. The raps are somewhat of a contradiction. They have essentially improved across the board, they are more balanced, have better chemistry, are deeper and have several young player's (Derozan, Weems) posed for mini breakout seasons, but yet that doesn't seem to translate into wins. Bosh was a born loser, but he was still dipped in gold up to his neck. Losing Bosh should result in a few losses as he did win a few games by putting the team on his back, but the additions of Kleiza and Barbosa should soften the offensive burden and the addition by subtraction of Hedo can't be measured in simple or advanced statistics.

ESPN has the raps too low for how they will end up performing, but it's not an unrealistic position based on thier current talent and the superfisical reductions of 'star' talent in Bosh and Turk. The raps actually overachieved last year, but this year the East hasn't actually improved, but regressed closer to the mean. There aren't any easy wins in the East other than Detroit and soon to be Charlotte, but the great teams got greater, the good teams stayed good and the bad teams got signifigantly better. The season will depend on coaching, health and the continued progression of the young gunz.

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
                              Nobody on the entire internet predicted 50 wins last year, let alone 60 which is one of more idiotic statements I can remember.
                              Yes many predicted we would win near 50. And just for you to know, we were on track to win 50 around the all-star break, everything just fell apart after... And those who predicted 60 said because our players were a year older, Bargnani had his break-out season, we got the biggest free-agent in Turkoglu that should have brought us to the second round at least. Obviously it didn't pan out...

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                                espn don't know shit. i'd like to hear what tsn thinks,but, not espn.
                                tsn = espn canada. they have about as much basketball knowledge as the nfl network does (probably less)

Comment

Working...
                                X