2010-2011 ESPN Predictions - WOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
    tsn = espn canada. they have about as much basketball knowledge as the nfl network does (probably less)
    TSN Basketball is essentially Chris Chisolm (who's quite well informed). Everybody else, is just the same comentators from RaptorsTV erm... NBATV Canada.
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Yea Chisholm I like but I don't think he's ever been on TV adding in his analysis and commentary. It's always the same crew that does hockey...and honestly, it's laughable listening to those guys talk ball.

Comment

Some of them think the Nets or Philly will make playoffs.

Just saying.

Comment

So... Um... What do you think now?

Four games in and three ass kickings later are is anyone changing their views on the team? ... Maybe, I don't know, taking a more realistic view?

Comment

Now at 2-9, good for a tie for second last, has anyone changed their view of the team?

http://espn.go.com/nba/standings/_/group/1

The Raptors have dropped from 4th in offense last season to 17th this season and improved their defense from 27th last season to 23rd this season.
            Last edited by Apollo; Wed Nov 17, 2010, 10:17 AM. Reason: Link to standings

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
              Yes many predicted we would win near 50. And just for you to know, we were on track to win 50 around the all-star break, everything just fell apart after... And those who predicted 60 said because our players were a year older, Bargnani had his break-out season, we got the biggest free-agent in Turkoglu that should have brought us to the second round at least. Obviously it didn't pan out...
              wow
              Last edited by Legalize-It; Wed Nov 17, 2010, 09:28 PM.

Comment

bc said 50 - but his opinion is hardly worth anything

Comment

You guys have to remember that The Toronto Raptors struggle with building a standard NBA-Like team. Example, why do you think the Raps always have Europeans and South Americans? Because no American basketball players enjoy the fan-base and marketing of Toronto. I do believe this is the best team they have in years. Want to know why? Barbosa will bring a Phoenix type style to the team. He will get the young onez to run faster, turn the ball over less, and dominate fast break points. Barbosa, Kleiza, Derozan, Bargnani, Weems, Calderon are all guys that can get 15+ Ppg. I expect to get quoted for this part but I do believe Amir Johnson, is better then Bosh. "WOAH?! What the Fook?! Are you saying Amir is better than Bosh?". I do believe so. Amir is not a crybaby, he comes off the bench and produces double-doubles on good days, hes a 6'9 PF that can most likely beat Shaquille O'neal in an offensive rebounding competition!.

Ill break down my eastern conference seeds...:
                  1. Boston (Unless Allen or Pierce get hurt of course)
                  2. Orlando
                  3. Miami (GL getting 1st or 2nd with a terrible Point guard.)
                  4. Chicago (Assuming Boozer doesn't injure himself again)
                  5. Milwaukee
                  6. Atlanta
                  7. Toronto (Keep rebounding Reggie!)
                  8. Indiana (This team is actually quite good!)

Comment

No American players enjoy Toronto's fan base? They hate our team's fans? Dude, no matter where you are in the world and what sport you play, the fans are what get you pumped for games. Nothing would be worse to a pro athlete than playing to an empty house. Toronto has excellent fans. Despite the lack of talent and the expected poor record the attendance at games is pretty solid.

Maybe a superstar might think twice about playing in Toronto because of endorsements and the development of his personal "brand" (puke), if that is what you are referring to by marketing, but I think this really only applies to the top handful of players who have a marketable brand. No player in Toronto has to worry about that. Vince had solid endorsements. If the player is good enough it doesn't matter where he plays.

I think Toronto has foreign players because it fits into whatever strategy Colangelo is employing. It is a conscience decision by Colangelo. It has nothing to do with players not wanting to play here. That tired argument is BS. Bayless was giddy with excitement by coming to Toronto. Peja seemed down right depressed. It is all about an individual player's attitude.
                    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

BargsIsBack wrote: View Post
                      You guys have to remember that The Toronto Raptors struggle with building a standard NBA-Like team. Example, why do you think the Raps always have Europeans and South Americans? Because no American basketball players enjoy the fan-base and marketing of Toronto. I do believe this is the best team they have in years. Want to know why? Barbosa will bring a Phoenix type style to the team. He will get the young onez to run faster, turn the ball over less, and dominate fast break points. Barbosa, Kleiza, Derozan, Bargnani, Weems, Calderon are all guys that can get 15+ Ppg. I expect to get quoted for this part but I do believe Amir Johnson, is better then Bosh. "WOAH?! What the Fook?! Are you saying Amir is better than Bosh?". I do believe so. Amir is not a crybaby, he comes off the bench and produces double-doubles on good days, hes a 6'9 PF that can most likely beat Shaquille O'neal in an offensive rebounding competition!.

Ill break down my eastern conference seeds...:
                      1. Boston (Unless Allen or Pierce get hurt of course)
                      2. Orlando
                      3. Miami (GL getting 1st or 2nd with a terrible Point guard.)
                      4. Chicago (Assuming Boozer doesn't injure himself again)
                      5. Milwaukee
                      6. Atlanta
                      7. Toronto (Keep rebounding Reggie!)
                      8. Indiana (This team is actually quite good!)
                      See below:

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      • Every major company who endorses via the NBA has it's Canadian base set up in Toronto and so it's a huge opportunity for guys who maybe couldn't land endorsement deals in smaller markets. Most who play in Toronto have a huge endorsement advantage over those in the states because guys in the states are competing against 360+ players where as in Canada you're battling with 15 guys, which isn't a battle because there are far more companies than players. There may be 30 elite sports athletes in Canada to compete with for endorsement deals where as the states has thousands. If you don't know that then you don't understand the professional sports business. Vince Carter had Pepsi, he had Coke. Vince Carter had Nike, he had Rebok.
                      Source: Jerome Williams Hits The Nail On The Head", Raptors Republic Forums

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                        http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/previe...ns1011-Raptors

All i can say is WOW.

All 10 ESPN analysts ranked the Raptors no higher than the 13 spot out of 15 on the east, with basically an average ranking of 15th (last).

Are the Raps really this bad???

I hope somebody from the organization read this and shared it with the team, man, for me, this would be the utmost motivation......
                        There are so many variables in a NBA season / break out players / injuries / matchups therin one thing I know is Toronto will do better than people think and Maimi worse because bosh is over rated. His loss will not be as bad as people think.
                        "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Working...
                        X