Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bargs the King Will Beat CB4's All Time Scoring Record with The Raps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he'll probably take the all-time scoring for the team.... no big whoop... the guy who currently holds it didnt exactly do great things for the team either, unless you count years of mediocrity

Comment

Good point. How did those scoring titles work out for Gilbert Arenas and T-Mac... Besides in their bank book.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
        Tim, even if you take his annual % increase year over year and apply it he will still break cb's records in 4 yrs. I think it would be fair from a "realist" point of view to add 1-2% more to the increase considering his # of touches will without a doubt increase due to cb4 leaving to become a full time fluffer in Miami.
        Okay, let's look at the numbers. Bargnani averaged 16.6 ppg over 36 mpg in his rookie season. That number dipped to 15.3 the next season and then back up 17.6 ppg the next season. Last season, Bargnani averaged 17.7 ppg over 36 minutes. So it seems to be that the only reason that Bargnani has seen an increase in his scoring is he's been given more minutes. Last season, Bargnani averaged 10 more mpg than his rookie season, hence the reason for the jump in scoring. Otherwise, he's had an increase of 1.1 ppg over his first four season, which averages out to .275 points increase per season. I'd be willing to give him an extra 2 points increase this year due to more touches, just for argument sake (although I doubt that). That would give Bargnani averages of 20 ppg, 20.3 ppg, 20.6 ppg and 20.9 ppg (rounding up).

Right now, Bargnani has 4121 points. If he plays 80 games a season over the next four years, and averages those numbers above he'll add...
        1,600 points next season.
        1,624 points the season after that.
        1,648 points in his seventh season.
        1,672 points in his eight season.

That's a total of 10,665 points in eight seasons with the Raptors. That WOULD give him the most points by a Raptor near the end of his 8th season. But in order for this to happen, he would have to continue to have to score at the increased rate, which is unlikely, considering that players like DeRozan, who are better at creating their own offense, will be more and more involved in the offense. Plus, you're not taking into consideration new players added, through the draft, trade or free agency, which would take shots away from Bargnani. Plus, this doesn't take into consideration that Bargnani offensive efficiency will likely decrease if he is taking the most shots on the team, since defenses will be focused on him. It also assumes that Bargnani plays 80 games a season over the next four years. Far too many things would have to go his way for this to happen.

I know you'll probably ignore the stuff you don't want to read in this post, but the fact is that Bargnani will probably never average +20 ppg over the next four years. I actually doubt he'll do it this season. He's simply not an efficient enough scorer and doesn't create well enough for that to happen. With the increased touches DeRozan and Weems will get, plus the additions of Kleiza and Barbosa, there's no reason to believe that Bargnani will get any more shots than he did last year, and if that's the case, Bargnani would have to play 6 or 7 more years in order to score enough points to be able to overtake Bosh. And I actually doubt he'll be with the team another two years.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I love this. Let's apply this "increased annual rate" logic to Kevin Durant. In his rookie year, he averaged 20 points per game. Then in his sophomore year, he averaged 25 points. And then last year he averaged 30 points. This is a clear annual increased rate of 5 points per game. That means, by Multipaul's logic, Kevin Durant will average 35 points per game this year, assuming he maintains his health and non-douchebag-ness.

Holy crap.. if Kevin Durant plays till he's 36, he'll be averaging 100 points per game! We totally gotta get this guy..
          your pal,
          ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
            I love this. Let's apply this "increased annual rate" logic to Kevin Durant. In his rookie year, he averaged 20 points per game. Then in his sophomore year, he averaged 25 points. And then last year he averaged 30 points. This is a clear annual increased rate of 5 points per game. That means, by Multipaul's logic, Kevin Durant will average 35 points per game this year, assuming he maintains his health and non-douchebag-ness.

Holy crap.. if Kevin Durant plays till he's 36, he'll be averaging 100 points per game! We totally gotta get this guy..
            Well I'll tell you one thing, KD is a keeper in anyone's fantasy league that's for sure.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
              Okay, let's look at the numbers. Bargnani averaged 16.6 ppg over 36 mpg in his rookie season. That number dipped to 15.3 the next season and then back up 17.6 ppg the next season. Last season, Bargnani averaged 17.7 ppg over 36 minutes. So it seems to be that the only reason that Bargnani has seen an increase in his scoring is he's been given more minutes. Last season, Bargnani averaged 10 more mpg than his rookie season, hence the reason for the jump in scoring. Otherwise, he's had an increase of 1.1 ppg over his first four season, which averages out to .275 points increase per season. I'd be willing to give him an extra 2 points increase this year due to more touches, just for argument sake (although I doubt that). That would give Bargnani averages of 20 ppg, 20.3 ppg, 20.6 ppg and 20.9 ppg (rounding up).

Right now, Bargnani has 4121 points. If he plays 80 games a season over the next four years, and averages those numbers above he'll add...
              1,600 points next season.
              1,624 points the season after that.
              1,648 points in his seventh season.
              1,672 points in his eight season.

That's a total of 10,665 points in eight seasons with the Raptors. That WOULD give him the most points by a Raptor near the end of his 8th season. But in order for this to happen, he would have to continue to have to score at the increased rate, which is unlikely, considering that players like DeRozan, who are better at creating their own offense, will be more and more involved in the offense. Plus, you're not taking into consideration new players added, through the draft, trade or free agency, which would take shots away from Bargnani. Plus, this doesn't take into consideration that Bargnani offensive efficiency will likely decrease if he is taking the most shots on the team, since defenses will be focused on him. It also assumes that Bargnani plays 80 games a season over the next four years. Far too many things would have to go his way for this to happen.

I know you'll probably ignore the stuff you don't want to read in this post, but the fact is that Bargnani will probably never average +20 ppg over the next four years. I actually doubt he'll do it this season. He's simply not an efficient enough scorer and doesn't create well enough for that to happen. With the increased touches DeRozan and Weems will get, plus the additions of Kleiza and Barbosa, there's no reason to believe that Bargnani will get any more shots than he did last year, and if that's the case, Bargnani would have to play 6 or 7 more years in order to score enough points to be able to overtake Bosh. And I actually doubt he'll be with the team another two years.
              I think you are fundamentally agreeing with the math on this one Tim. I DO think the touches will stay steady despite Dero and co getting involved.

Comment

I think you are fundamentally agreeing with the math on this one Tim. I DO think the touches will stay steady despite Dero and co getting involved.
                I agree that those calculations would make Bargna i the Raptors leading scorer, but I don't agree that a) Bargnani will average 2 more ppg this season or that he will continue to score at least 20 ppg as the team (hopefully) gets better. If the Raptors continue to be a lottery team, DeRozan either leaves or doesn't develop, the Raptors don't draft anyone who can score will over the next few years, and Colangelo not only stays as the GM, but doesn't trade Bargnani, despite the team continuing to lose, then yes, I agree with your premise.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Realistically though boys, the stats don't lie. Extrapolating out Bargs' production and factoring in an annual statistical increase, he will demolish Cb's titles in the next 4 years.
                  TITLES??? The only title he could "demolish" is points, and that's nothing to rave about (assuming he doesn't get shipped out next season). Talk to me when he demolishes CB's double double title, or rebounding. Although I'm pretty sure Bargnani won't ever get close to those numbers in his entire career.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                    TITLES??? The only title he could "demolish" is points, and that's nothing to rave about (assuming he doesn't get shipped out next season). Talk to me when he demolishes CB's double double title, or rebounding. Although I'm pretty sure Bargnani won't ever get close to those numbers in his entire career.
                    Ok..so ..."demolishing" a scoring title is "nothing to rave about"...hmmm...ok...

Comment

This thread continues to deliver..comedy relief. And I needed it. I hate mondays.
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

Ok..so ..."demolishing" a scoring title is "nothing to rave about"...hmmm...ok...
                        Demolishing the Raptors scoring title certainly didn't make you rave about Bosh, did it? And he's got the rebounding and double-double titles, too.

Bottom line, if you don't respect Bosh for having three Raptor "titles", why should we respect Bargnani for getting one? And in one year longer than it took Bosh to do it.
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

because bosh is a cunt

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                            because bosh is a cunt
                            amazing

Comment

Working...
                            X