Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: RR Fantasy Hoops Keeper League (Season 1 Discussion)

Post Thanks / Like

Default RR Fantasy Hoops Keeper League (Season 1 Discussion)

This is for season 1 discussion. Good luck to all.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if my team if good, average or bad but I will have a lot of guys in the top 100.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ya, it's hard to tell if my spend alot fast method will work or not. I'm hoping LeBron and Kobe can outscore everyone on their own each week.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL, I am on the same boat. I am hoping my big 3 of Durant, Gasol and Melo can carry my scrubs.
    Now, as far as Head-To-Head match ups, how does that work?

Is it based on one night of action or is it based on a week or ...

Post Thanks / Like

Based on the week. You can/should update your roster for each day. You compete to win 9 different stat cats.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Apollo
    My team competes for a whole week, I guess it will from Wed to Wed with one person for 9 Category. By the way, sorry for too many questions, I never did a head-to-head league before.

Post Thanks / Like

The typical week will be Mon-Sun. I'm happy to help you. I was a rookie once too. Ask away.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a rook too! Explains my epic first pick in the draft

btw Apollo just finished watching the game. The Packers really escaped a loss there! Favre's last two throws were pitiful...

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know how severe Troy Murphy's injury is? Cause he's awesome, points, rebounds, 3s...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    I'm a rook too! Explains my epic first pick in the draft

btw Apollo just finished watching the game. The Packers really escaped a loss there! Favre's last two throws were pitiful...
    Yeah I thought they scored but Harvin's foot was out. Awesome game the whole way through. Favre looks done. Loved how Rodgers and Favre came together after the game, shook hands and talked briefly. I've officially forgiven him for how he treated the Packers. If he enters the hall wearing anything but a Packers jersey I'd be shocked.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Yeah I thought they scored but Harvin's foot was out. Awesome game the whole way through. Favre looks done. Loved how Rodgers and Favre came together after the game, shook hands and talked briefly. I've officially forgiven him for how he treated the Packers. If he enters the hall wearing anything but a Packers jersey I'd be shocked.
    Yeah, it was really close, if it was Moss in his place it would have been 7 points though It was a great game, gotta say you guys deserve a win finally, if you guys lost in the last minute again it would have been extremely devastating...
    Yeah it was super touching haha, Favre went to all his old pals, but he still got booed on his way out, was unfortunate, but soon all Packer fans will forgive him, he's a great athlete! But I saw many fans still appreciate the good he did for Green Bay

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it was really close, if it was Moss in his place it would have been 7 points though It was a great game, gotta say you guys deserve a win finally, if you guys lost in the last minute again it would have been extremely devastating...
    Yeah it was super touching haha, Favre went to all his old pals, but he still got booed on his way out, was unfortunate, but soon all Packer fans will forgive him, he's a great athlete! But I saw many fans still appreciate the good he did for Green Bay

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

The typical week will be Mon-Sun. I'm happy to help you. I was a rookie once too. Ask away.
    Thanks Apollo

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If I can manage to get 9 wins I'll be happy. First season playing NBA fantasy and 2nd season watching NBA :|

How many wins do you guys think you can get?
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Mon Oct 25th, 2010 at 08:21 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

What sport did you follow before basketball?

What do you mean by wins, my first ever fantasy team But I've been following/playing football/soccer, basketball, lacrosse, netball, volleyball, hockey and moto gp (is it a sport?). I love sports But apparently fantasy isn't about talent, but stats and all so I don't know how I'm doing. If I had a team like mine in NBA 2K11 I'd be pretty happy!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it was really close, if it was Moss in his place it would have been 7 points though
    If it was Moss there would have been three guy hanging all over him. LOL

he still got booed on his way out, was unfortunate, but soon all Packer fans will forgive him, he's a great athlete! But I saw many fans still appreciate the good he did for Green Bay
    Yeah, last years losses to the Vikings hurt big time but they weren't ready to truly contend anyway. Everything worked out for the best. People need to move on.

Favre is shaping up to have a Dan Marino type ending to his career. In other words, a humbling experience. Ah well, he's got all Dan's records, a Super Bowl ring and an MVP.

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    If I can manage to get 9 wins I'll be happy. First season playing NBA fantasy and 2nd season watching NBA :|

How many wins do you guys think you can get?

It doesn't work like football. Each week isn't a win or a loss. Each category each week is a win, loss or draw. You can have up to 9 wins in one week. I can guarantee that you'll get more than 9 wins even if you quit right now... Which you better not do!!!

What sport did you follow before basketball?

What do you mean by wins, my first ever fantasy team But I've been following/playing football/soccer, basketball, lacrosse, netball, volleyball, hockey and moto gp (is it a sport?). I love sports But apparently fantasy isn't about talent, but stats and all so I don't know how I'm doing. If I had a team like mine in NBA 2K11 I'd be pretty happy!
    You are competing against opponents, head-to-head, with nine different stat categories. If you win a stat category, that's a win to your record. Basically, all your player's stats are added together and compared to those of your opponent for that week. This will determine the wins, losses and ties for that week in your match up.

IMPORTANT: Players on your bench don't count towards your score and for this reason you must update your roster for each day of the week, moving guys who are playing that night into your lineup.
    Last edited by Apollo; Mon Oct 25th, 2010 at 08:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh okay. So the 9 stat categories are points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, fg%, 3fg%, ft% and what else? I got 8.

So is it per week or per day? Cause if it's per day it's kinda hard to update to make sure my players play every day... Anyways, let's say I put Reddick on, and he gets 5 threes. Is it like him alone compared to the other player with the most threes, or the entire team?

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh okay. So the 9 stat categories are points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, fg%, 3fg%, ft% and what else? I got 8.

So is it per week or per day? Cause if it's per day it's kinda hard to update to make sure my players play every day... Anyways, let's say I put Reddick on, and he gets 5 threes. Is it like him alone compared to the other player with the most threes, or the entire team?
    Turnovers... you want the lower number for that category.

You gotta set your lineup everyday of the week, but you can do it in advance. I do all 7 days on Mondays(start of the new week.). The stats for each category are compiled daily so if you end up with 120 rebs for the week and your opponent has 118, you win that category and you'd have one win, and it continues like that for all the categories.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the explaination Mack. It works exactly like that Joe. TO's is usually a commonly overlooked stat cat.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

2 more question guys
    1) Is there a limited number of games that a each position can play ?? I know in my old league, some people ran out of game almost 2 weeks before the end of the league with some of their positions and ...

2) Just in case I miss a night and do not change my line up, is there a auto sub option available in the yahoo ?

Thread Information