Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: RR Fantasy Hoops Keeper League (Season 1 Discussion)

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    Turnovers... you want the lower number for that category.

You gotta set your lineup everyday of the week, but you can do it in advance. I do all 7 days on Mondays(start of the new week.). The stats for each category are compiled daily so if you end up with 120 rebs for the week and your opponent has 118, you win that category and you'd have one win, and it continues like that for all the categories.
    So you base your starting line-up on the schedule in which they play right? So is it only the starters plus the extra C and G who are counted? Or is it all 15 apart from the bottom 5?

Post Thanks / Like

1.) There is no limit on games for these players.
    2.) No that I am aware of. Best bet is to sit down once a week and fill out your lineup for the week to come. Then you don't have to worry about it other than tweaks.

Post Thanks / Like

Good first day for me Boston beat Miami and KMart and Yao played pretty well. Winning my match-up, for now 7-2.

Nice pick-up Apollo, Daye is gonna get you at least a few points, I'm hoping Fernandez get's me threes and steals...

Post Thanks / Like

Btw, one more question. Is the final weekly score ALL the stats added together? Like is it going to be out of 9 stats or everyday adding on? Do I make sense?

So let's say now I'm 7-2. Tonight, I win 3 categories, and lose 6. Does my score go to 10-8 or does it add up and who has more of a stat gets a win for that?

Post Thanks / Like

Your stats are added up for the entire week and then your official record is determined at the end of the week. Your wins, losses and ties for a week will always add up to be 9 for an individual week. You record will typically change multiple times before the week ends.

Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    Nice pick-up Apollo, Daye is gonna get you at least a few points, I'm hoping Fernandez get's me threes and steals...
    Hope so. He's starting and if you extrapolate his last years stats over 30 minutes/game they look really nice.
    Last edited by Apollo; Wed Oct 27th, 2010 at 08:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Apollo, so really, you can't know if you win until the end of the week.

Yeah, I don't understand why they are starting Daye. I know they are rebuilding and Daye is young and promising. But they should really try and improve Villanueva's stock, cause he has a long and expensive contract which is untradable, and if he doesn't play, it will be there until it expires. Other thing, if they are starting Daye, they better be starting Monroe. Cause he could become a great center. Imagine if Jerbeko wasn't injured, their line-up would be young and decent. Stuckey-Gordon-Prince-Jerbeko-Monroe with Daye and Bynum off the bench. And Wallace and Hamilton bringing in experience. Too bad they are pretty bad this year, I don't see them ahead of us... I feel bad for 'em, they used to be the best team. I remember Billups, Hamilton, Prince, Sheed and Big Ben. Best starting line-up ever. I still have my inflatable Big Ben!

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I scooped up "Big Baby" and Steve Blake last night. Gives me a little more depth then what I drafted on Sunday. Both had solid starts last night too for their respective teams.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    I scooped up "Big Baby" and Steve Blake last night. Gives me a little more depth then what I drafted on Sunday. Both had solid starts last night too for their respective teams.
    Do players like that get stats though? They are both great players but when the league is about stats, then I'm not sure they'll be too good. But as back ups they are great. If I knew we could take players like that I would have taken Daye, but Apollo already stole him haha.

You have Kobe right? I think his stats are going to drop this year, Phil said he'd be playing a lot less....

Post Thanks / Like

Big Baby has to contend with The O'Neals and KG. I'm not sure he's going to get consistent enough burn to be a fantasy impact player for the season as a whole. Blake is underrated but he is in a time share with Fisher. This one I'm also not sure if there's enough PT for Blake to be an impact guy but if Fisher goes down, look out.

You have Kobe right? I think his stats are going to drop this year, Phil said he'd be playing a lot less....
    This is why I'm hoping for a fantasy Ron Ron rebound. He should get more looks and PT.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Big Baby has to contend with The O'Neals and KG. I'm not sure he's going to get consistent enough burn to be a fantasy impact player for the season as a whole.
    Maybe so, but both O'Neal's have struggled badly with injuries in their "senior" years in the NBA. I'll take a risk and bank on Davis having more of an impact in Boston this season then most aren't giving him right now.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Blake is a solid pickup, Fisher's minutes will be limited more during the season to keep him fresh, and Blake will get you 3s and a few assists as the distributor of the second unit.

Downside to finishing the draft early is there's not many players I'd want to drop at this point in the season. Maybe Harden though if Thabo keeps getting the lion's share of minutes.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Monta Ellis 46 PT 18-24 FG 9-12 FT 1-2 3P 3/0 RB 2 AS 0 BL 2 ST 1 TO 4 PF 39 MN (Final, Rockets)

Stephen Curry 25 PT 9-16 FG 4-4 FT 3-6 3P 2/1 RB 11 AS 1 BL 0 ST 5 TO 4 PF 39 MN (Final, Rockets)

Great picks by me

Note: Ellis tied career high, had he not missed 3 late FGs he would of broke the record easily.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Monta Ellis 46 PT 18-24 FG 9-12 FT 1-2 3P 3/0 RB 2 AS 0 BL 2 ST 1 TO 4 PF 39 MN (Final, Rockets)

Stephen Curry 25 PT 9-16 FG 4-4 FT 3-6 3P 2/1 RB 11 AS 1 BL 0 ST 5 TO 4 PF 39 MN (Final, Rockets)

Great picks by me

Note: Ellis tied career high, had he not missed 3 late FGs he would of broke the record easily.
    Most of the GSW starters will give you loads of points.

Post Thanks / Like

Amir Johnson has been dropped by 438 teams in Yahoo! leagues
    Basketball: RR Fantasy Hoops: RaptorsFan4Life
    So many people dropped him after 1 game :/

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Maybe so, but both O'Neal's have struggled badly with injuries in their "senior" years in the NBA. I'll take a risk and bank on Davis having more of an impact in Boston this season then most aren't giving him right now.

LMFAO @ your avatar! Do you have a full size pic?
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Thu Oct 28th, 2010 at 05:01 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Just want to put this out there, you guys mocked me, you guys undermined me, but Jeff Adrien played a full half minute last night. And he grabbed an entire rebound. So who's laughing now Motha******s

Post Thanks / Like

Just want to put this out there, you guys mocked me, you guys undermined me, but Jeff Adrien played a full half minute last night. And he grabbed an entire rebound. So who's laughing now Motha******s
    LMAO ... thanks for the laugh. That just made my morning Joe.

Jeff Adrien for "Most Improved".

Post Thanks / Like

Why is a 4 add cap?

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Why is a 4 add cap?

I like it actually, cause when it comes to playoffs guys try to add like 6 players a day to fill out their lineup. It's really chince and I'm glad it wont happen for us.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah and restrictions increase the level of skill needed to win. Four moves a week is a lot anyway. I don't think most people will be negatively affected by it.

You all should be thankful that I didn't sneak in limitations on how many times a player can be used in the regular season.
    Last edited by Apollo; Thu Oct 28th, 2010 at 04:20 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, when you change your roster, is there time for it to actually set? Or do you have to do it a certain amount of time before? Cause I'm in a different time zone so I don't know?

Thread Information