Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RR Fantasy Hoops Keeper League (Season 1 Discussion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ugh, I messed up my lineups this week. I forgot to update a few days where work has been so frigging busy... No excuse and it's a good thing it won't have any impact on who I have in round one.

Just picked up Tyrus Thomas. I'm hoping he can do some damage this coming week.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      I agree. To set your lineup for the week takes maybe five minutes unless you're using something like Dial-Up. I'm not going to beg people to update their rosters. The way I always run these keeper leagues is I cut the managers who aren't active at the end of the season to make room for other people who want to join and compete. By doing this over time we'll build a strong competitive league from top to bottom. I can see who's still playing in this league right now...
      Keep me in mind next year.

Comment

Damn it Applo! You keep picking up the people I dropped but regretted dropping and wanted to pick back up!

*Hopes Tyrus Thomas and Glass Mac get serious injuries and are out for the remainder of the season*

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Keep me in mind next year.
          Will do. 25% of the league has been highly inactive. I plan on cutting at least a couple of those teams to make way for new people who want to compete.

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
          Damn it Applo! You keep picking up the people I dropped but regretted dropping and wanted to pick back up!

*Hopes Tyrus Thomas and Glass Mac get serious injuries and are out for the remainder of the season*
          LOL, it happens to the best of us. Here's to hoping that TT and T-Mac give me something good against Mack this coming week. My team has had some tough breaks this season. I hope they bring it now when it starts to mean something.

Comment

Close contest Mack. Good luck in the second round.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Close contest Mack. Good luck in the second round.
              Wow man, I had already congratulated you late last night! I guess Yahoo! fixed some stats in the wee hours of the morning, cause as of 2 am they had you up 5-4. Real close matchup though, could've went either way!

Comin' for you now Melo!

Comment

Keepers

With the season almost in the books we need to start talking about keepers. I think three to four is the best number to carry over given the roster sizes. There would be no need to finalize your keepers any time soon though.

I think mine will be Rajon Rondo, Dwight Howard, LaMarcus Aldridge for sure. If we go with four then I'd have to really think about it.

Last draft we did a live auction. I need to figure out if those types of drafts work well in keeper leagues. If not then we might do a lottery for teams who missed the playoffs, with everyone getting the same odds. Then the rest of the order would be decided by inverted standings. Such a draft would be snaking, meaning whoever picks first in one round, picks last in the next round. I think I'll get the live auction working at the end of the day though.

Comment

I'll be keeping D Wade, D Will, and Blake Griffin 100%. Fourth guy I'm not sold on...

Comment

That's a pretty amazing trio right there.

Comment

• Monte Ellis, Stephen Curry, Gerald Wallace and Boozer.

I don't want to lose Wesley Matthew, Nick Young, Nelson, DeAndre Jordan, Patterson or Tony Allen though.
                      Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Thu Mar 31, 2011, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• I'm happy to toss most of my team. I had some good finds but a bunch of guys who were supposed to be solid let me down big time. Hell Rondo has been hurt all year. Luckily he played through it many games but he's struggled.

Comment

• Dropping jeff Green and Devin Harris for Reggie Evans and Jerryd Bayless with 2 days left... Moronic? or Brilliant?!

Comment

• I dropped Nick Young and Tyrus Thomas for Maurise Evans and Brandon Bass. I'm not going to make this easy on Mach North.

Comment

• so how exactly does a keeper league work do i like pick five guys i can keep and the rest go back into a fantasy draft??? Because if i win this i probably want to keep most my team ;P but i did i great job drafting anyways: Dorell Wright, Arron Afflalo, Dj Augustin all 2 dollars or less and someone said i was dumb for paying 10 for Javale McGee... i guess it paid off lol

Comment

• GM Melo wrote: View Post
                                so how exactly does a keeper league work do i like pick five guys i can keep and the rest go back into a fantasy draft??? Because if i win this i probably want to keep most my team ;P but i did i great job drafting anyways: Dorell Wright, Arron Afflalo, Dj Augustin all 2 dollars or less and someone said i was dumb for paying 10 for Javale McGee... i guess it paid off lol
                                I think its 4 guys and yes you pick 4 guys and the rest of them go back into the draft.

Comment

Working...
                                X