Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RR Fantasy Hoops Keeper League (Season 1 Discussion)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JoePanini wrote: View Post
    Yeah, it was really close, if it was Moss in his place it would have been 7 points though
    If it was Moss there would have been three guy hanging all over him. LOL

he still got booed on his way out, was unfortunate, but soon all Packer fans will forgive him, he's a great athlete! But I saw many fans still appreciate the good he did for Green Bay
    Yeah, last years losses to the Vikings hurt big time but they weren't ready to truly contend anyway. Everything worked out for the best. People need to move on.

Favre is shaping up to have a Dan Marino type ending to his career. In other words, a humbling experience. Ah well, he's got all Dan's records, a Super Bowl ring and an MVP.

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    If I can manage to get 9 wins I'll be happy. First season playing NBA fantasy and 2nd season watching NBA :|

How many wins do you guys think you can get?

It doesn't work like football. Each week isn't a win or a loss. Each category each week is a win, loss or draw. You can have up to 9 wins in one week. I can guarantee that you'll get more than 9 wins even if you quit right now... Which you better not do!!!

What sport did you follow before basketball?

What do you mean by wins, my first ever fantasy team But I've been following/playing football/soccer, basketball, lacrosse, netball, volleyball, hockey and moto gp (is it a sport?). I love sports But apparently fantasy isn't about talent, but stats and all so I don't know how I'm doing. If I had a team like mine in NBA 2K11 I'd be pretty happy!
    You are competing against opponents, head-to-head, with nine different stat categories. If you win a stat category, that's a win to your record. Basically, all your player's stats are added together and compared to those of your opponent for that week. This will determine the wins, losses and ties for that week in your match up.

IMPORTANT: Players on your bench don't count towards your score and for this reason you must update your roster for each day of the week, moving guys who are playing that night into your lineup.
    Last edited by Apollo; Mon Oct 25, 2010, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Oh okay. So the 9 stat categories are points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, fg%, 3fg%, ft% and what else? I got 8.

So is it per week or per day? Cause if it's per day it's kinda hard to update to make sure my players play every day... Anyways, let's say I put Reddick on, and he gets 5 threes. Is it like him alone compared to the other player with the most threes, or the entire team?

Comment

Oh okay. So the 9 stat categories are points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, fg%, 3fg%, ft% and what else? I got 8.

So is it per week or per day? Cause if it's per day it's kinda hard to update to make sure my players play every day... Anyways, let's say I put Reddick on, and he gets 5 threes. Is it like him alone compared to the other player with the most threes, or the entire team?
        Turnovers... you want the lower number for that category.

You gotta set your lineup everyday of the week, but you can do it in advance. I do all 7 days on Mondays(start of the new week.). The stats for each category are compiled daily so if you end up with 120 rebs for the week and your opponent has 118, you win that category and you'd have one win, and it continues like that for all the categories.

Comment

Thanks for the explaination Mack. It works exactly like that Joe. TO's is usually a commonly overlooked stat cat.

Comment

2 more question guys
            1) Is there a limited number of games that a each position can play ?? I know in my old league, some people ran out of game almost 2 weeks before the end of the league with some of their positions and ...

2) Just in case I miss a night and do not change my line up, is there a auto sub option available in the yahoo ?

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
              Turnovers... you want the lower number for that category.

You gotta set your lineup everyday of the week, but you can do it in advance. I do all 7 days on Mondays(start of the new week.). The stats for each category are compiled daily so if you end up with 120 rebs for the week and your opponent has 118, you win that category and you'd have one win, and it continues like that for all the categories.
              So you base your starting line-up on the schedule in which they play right? So is it only the starters plus the extra C and G who are counted? Or is it all 15 apart from the bottom 5?

Comment

1.) There is no limit on games for these players.
                2.) No that I am aware of. Best bet is to sit down once a week and fill out your lineup for the week to come. Then you don't have to worry about it other than tweaks.

Comment

Good first day for me Boston beat Miami and KMart and Yao played pretty well. Winning my match-up, for now 7-2.

Nice pick-up Apollo, Daye is gonna get you at least a few points, I'm hoping Fernandez get's me threes and steals...

Comment

Btw, one more question. Is the final weekly score ALL the stats added together? Like is it going to be out of 9 stats or everyday adding on? Do I make sense?

So let's say now I'm 7-2. Tonight, I win 3 categories, and lose 6. Does my score go to 10-8 or does it add up and who has more of a stat gets a win for that?

Comment

Your stats are added up for the entire week and then your official record is determined at the end of the week. Your wins, losses and ties for a week will always add up to be 9 for an individual week. You record will typically change multiple times before the week ends.

Nice pick-up Apollo, Daye is gonna get you at least a few points, I'm hoping Fernandez get's me threes and steals...
                      Hope so. He's starting and if you extrapolate his last years stats over 30 minutes/game they look really nice.
                      Last edited by Apollo; Wed Oct 27, 2010, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Thanks Apollo, so really, you can't know if you win until the end of the week.

Yeah, I don't understand why they are starting Daye. I know they are rebuilding and Daye is young and promising. But they should really try and improve Villanueva's stock, cause he has a long and expensive contract which is untradable, and if he doesn't play, it will be there until it expires. Other thing, if they are starting Daye, they better be starting Monroe. Cause he could become a great center. Imagine if Jerbeko wasn't injured, their line-up would be young and decent. Stuckey-Gordon-Prince-Jerbeko-Monroe with Daye and Bynum off the bench. And Wallace and Hamilton bringing in experience. Too bad they are pretty bad this year, I don't see them ahead of us... I feel bad for 'em, they used to be the best team. I remember Billups, Hamilton, Prince, Sheed and Big Ben. Best starting line-up ever. I still have my inflatable Big Ben!

Comment

I scooped up "Big Baby" and Steve Blake last night. Gives me a little more depth then what I drafted on Sunday. Both had solid starts last night too for their respective teams.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                            I scooped up "Big Baby" and Steve Blake last night. Gives me a little more depth then what I drafted on Sunday. Both had solid starts last night too for their respective teams.
                            Do players like that get stats though? They are both great players but when the league is about stats, then I'm not sure they'll be too good. But as back ups they are great. If I knew we could take players like that I would have taken Daye, but Apollo already stole him haha.

You have Kobe right? I think his stats are going to drop this year, Phil said he'd be playing a lot less....

Comment

Big Baby has to contend with The O'Neals and KG. I'm not sure he's going to get consistent enough burn to be a fantasy impact player for the season as a whole. Blake is underrated but he is in a time share with Fisher. This one I'm also not sure if there's enough PT for Blake to be an impact guy but if Fisher goes down, look out.

You have Kobe right? I think his stats are going to drop this year, Phil said he'd be playing a lot less....
                              This is why I'm hoping for a fantasy Ron Ron rebound. He should get more looks and PT.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                                Big Baby has to contend with The O'Neals and KG. I'm not sure he's going to get consistent enough burn to be a fantasy impact player for the season as a whole.
                                Maybe so, but both O'Neal's have struggled badly with injuries in their "senior" years in the NBA. I'll take a risk and bank on Davis having more of an impact in Boston this season then most aren't giving him right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X