Hedo vs Barbosa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hedo vs Barbosa

The "BALL" vs Kleiza thread is interesting.

Made me post this one due to the trade and it has been on my mind of late:

Barbosa:
    Pre GGSMPG FG% 3p% FT% OR DR RPG APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
    10-11 TOR 8 1 22.9 0.464 0.357 0.808 0.1 1.9 2.0 1.8 1.0 0.1 0.9 2.4 13.6

Turkoglu:
    Pre GGSMPG FG% 3p% FT% OR DR Reb APG SPG BPG TO PF PPG
    10-11 PHX 7 7 20.1 0.311 0.286 1.000 0.7 3.1 3.9 1.4 1.1 0.9 1.0 2.4 5.1

My thoughts on the comparison:

1) I did not hear anyone say anything bad about the Hedo signing last year. He was the number one free agent and the Raptors signed him. With that said, it didn't work out.

2) Given the fact he played so awful, had such a negative attitude and work ethic while here, and very publically stated "I want out", it amazes me BC was able to:
    a) get rid of the contract
    b) actually get a valuable player in return.

3) Too bad Hedo was a bum.

Matt52 you're right on all three points. Most people thought it was too much money and too long a contract but were happy B.C. pulled thetrigger again to try to make the team better and also to build around RuPaul for the last time.
    Point 2 is huge because it is nothing short of brilliant that B.C. was able to get anyone to take Hedo and his contrat, let alone give up someone as good as Barbosa ( who is twice as good as Hedo I might add)
    Only real correction / addition I would make is point 3 should read:
    Too bad Hedo was and STILL IS and ALWAYS will be a BUM!!

Comment

If you didn't think anyone said a bad word about the Turkoglu signing, that tells me you've never read RaptorBlog. I read elsewhere plenty of criticism about the signing.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Turk was a great free-agent pick-up, but in no where worth that amount of money over that time period, the guy is 3 seasons passed his prime! Barbosa is awesome, I remember his sixth man award season where he was unstoppable from the bench, he won't be playing like that with us because that was in D'Antoni's 10 second scheme.

Comment

I didn't like Turkoglu in Orlando, although very happy with him as watching him play against my Lakers in the finals made me smile. Didn't like the signing here except for the fact that it might buy some favour with Bosh. Watching in 2009-2010 I prefer the signing simply since it may have made Bosh leave (I changed my view of CB's game as the season went on).

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
            If you didn't think anyone said a bad word about the Turkoglu signing, that tells me you've never read RaptorBlog. I read elsewhere plenty of criticism about the signing.
            you are correct I don't read the blog. while there may have dissenting views on a blog, I still feel it is safe to say the majority of people thought it was a great signing - unfortunately I was one of those. I guess you can take comfort in many of those same people are now calling for a horrible raptors season. I was not meaning to imply no one thought it was a bad signing rather I was implying consensus. I guess the larger point is everyone is happy to criticize after the fact. BC has made a number of incredible moves on paper that have not panned out. luckily for fans he is due for a winner soon as not much has gone right since Garbo went down.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              you are correct I don't read the blog. while there may have dissenting views on a blog, I still feel it is safe to say the majority of people thought it was a great signing - unfortunately I was one of those. I guess you can take comfort in many of those same people are now calling for a horrible raptors season. I was not meaning to imply no one thought it was a bad signing rather I was implying consensus. I guess the larger point is everyone is happy to criticize after the fact. BC has made a number of incredible moves on paper that have not panned out. luckily for fans he is due for a winner soon as not much has gone right since Garbo went down.
              I didn't dislike the signing, but I was certainly not convinced that it was a really good one. At the time, with what their options were, I was fine with it. Before free agency started, my opinion was that the Raptors should go after Trevor Ariza and not someone like Turkoglu. I knew the Raptors had to do something to convince Bosh to stay and I thought Turkoglu was the best remaining option after Ariza said no and Marion didn't want to re-sign.

I thought HOW Colangelo was able to get Turkoglu was a true wonder. Unfortunately, I think what happened with Turkoglu was a worst case scenario. If Colangelo had better options and decided not to pursue them, I would blame him more.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
              X