Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Young Onez. What Do You Think?

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see what the beef is, really. It's a marketing ploy, sure, but why does it hurt to have these guys featured. It's not like they've labeled themselves "the Special Ones" Or the "Next ones". It's fun for now. Let's see if it works.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote peanutplaza wrote: View Post
    Im sure the league won't let us use that nickname because it contains the word "guns" and thats not positive for the leagues image. David stern has really turned this league into another Wnba. All these soft calls and movie cross promotion suck Velociraptor.
    What's wrong with trying to clean up the image? I don't exactly see the problem here. You can call it the WBNA, but hey, you're still following it.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote OTFP wrote: View Post
    This gets more embarrassing by the day.

Young Gunz sucks balls

YGZ sucks balls

Young Onez sucks balls

You don't get to giver yourself a f*king nickname before you have accomplished anything..You earn it.

They didn't give themselves that nickname, one of the coaches gave it to them. They are talented, athletic and willing to work on their game and improve. Know what your talking about before you make a comment.

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Young Cojones

I like the young cojones; as long as they go full out, in or lose. Add Harrison Barnes next year and we're a 45-50 wins, 2nd round contender.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I've always hated the idea of Young Gunz for the Raptors. I'm also a big Calgary Flames fan, and the Flames had their own Young Guns era. It was a marketing ploy used to try to sell fans on the fact that the team had lots of potential to make up for current underperformance. Valeri Bure was our best player, Todd Simpson was our captain, and we had six different goalies, only one of whom had a winning record (and even then, only just). And it would be another five years before the team made it back to the playoffs, and by that time, most of the so-called young guns had been traded away, or simply played their way out of the league. I can't help feeling that the name is cursed, and there's the potential for it to go as badly for the Raps as it did for the Flames.
    Last edited by octothorp; Mon Oct 25th, 2010 at 07:05 PM. Reason: .

Post Thanks / Like

The "young gunz/onez" thing is kind of lame but i'll take it if it means there's better chemistry than last year. Do you guys remember last year? Stop complaining over something so petty.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

They're still known as the Young Gunz to everyone anywayz no matter waht Stern wants.smh

The Young Ridahz is a nice alternative in my mnid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information