Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Republic Game Thread: Raptors 93 - Knickerbockers 98 (F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotshot wrote: View Post
    I can't stand it when Bargs attacks the basket from the side because there is no where to go so he tries to go underneath the basket and scores which often is blocked easily from the opposite players. Dude you are 7 ft tall start playing like one!! attack from the front of the basket establish your post position and get the f'ing contact!!!
    *Bargnani stan* BUT BUT BUT he scored 21 points............nvmd he did almost nothin in the second half when the game counted...

Comment

I like the fact the Bargnani tried to mix it up and go to the basket, but his shot selection in the 4th quarter was less than stellar. Reggie played some pretty good D and Jack had some good weak side help. Not so sure about the last shot by Barbosa either. They will lose a lot of these games when teams have a good go to guy like Stoudemire.

Bargnani really has to try and dunk that shit, or at least try to draw a foul, cause man, that was a ton of wasted possessions.

Comment

Imperial wrote: View Post
        I like the fact the Bargnani tried to mix it up and go to the basket, but his shot selection in the 4th quarter was less than stellar. Reggie played some pretty good D and Jack had some good weak side help. Not so sure about the last shot by Barbosa either. They will lose a lot of these games when teams have a good go to guy like Stoudemire.

Bargnani really has to try and dunk that shit, or at least try to draw a foul, cause man, that was a ton of wasted possessions.
        He plays far too soft around the basket...the sidesteps and finger rolls and juking..leave that to the PGs..ur 7 foot take the ball up and strong...disconcerting that the offense was lame (from what i saw) and very underwhelming against a really bad defensive team....

Comment

So you were right Doc, sue me! You still picked against our beloved on opening night, shame on you!

Whatever, it was entertaining enough. I was impressed by Reggie's boards and serious hustle, other than that not much. Bargs had a decent game, though 22 and six after that start shouldn't be appreciated too much though when he missed most shots down the stretch.

Comment

I want to be told I was right when I said we shouldn't ever trade Reggie, and that he should start.

You guys looked at me like I was dumb when I said that.

C'MON. I know my shit.
            Joshua Priemski
            NBA blogger
            SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
            www.RufusOnFire.com/
            www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
              So you were right Doc, sue me! You still picked against our beloved on opening night, shame on you!
              You're forgiven my son.

Mack North wrote: View Post
              Whatever, it was entertaining enough. I was impressed by Reggie's boards and serious hustle, other than that not much. Bargs had a decent game, though 22 and six after that start shouldn't be appreciated too much though when he missed most shots down the stretch.
              Perimeter defence needs to tighten up big time. I've accepted that our interior defence will always be an achilles heal, but considering how athletic our back court and small forwards are we need to be better. Unacceptable how many open shots Gallinari, Fields and Chandler got. These guys need to be challenged more.

Comment

Introcollapse wrote: View Post
                I want to be told I was right when I said we shouldn't ever trade Reggie, and that he should start.

You guys looked at me like I was dumb when I said that.

C'MON. I know my shit.
                Amen brotha ... your crystal ball is working like a charm.

Comment

I guess I wasn't off by much, I said Bargs would have 21+ points 7 rebounds and 2 blocks. He had 22 points 6 rebounds and 2 blocks.

BTW Barbosa shouldn't of taken that 3, Bargs should of. He's out #1 option and best 3 point shooter.
                  Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Wed Oct 27, 2010, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                    You're forgiven my son.

Perimeter defence needs to tighten up big time. I've accepted that our interior defence will always be an achilles heal, but considering how athletic our back court and small forwards are we need to be better. Unacceptable how many open shots Gallinari, Fields and Chandler got. These guys need to be challenged more.
                    I'll forgive you this once, if only for your new avatar! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! LOL
                    Wilson Chandler had a better statistical game than Bargs, plus his team won. These guys are 2nd stringers compared to some teams we`ll play, that doesn`t bode well if we`re looking for wins. Personally, I hope they finish in last by 1 game, and all their losses come by 5 or less. But anyways...

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                          You're forgiven my son.

I noticed this too. It was because our bigs, especially Bargnani, were caught guarding nobody or rotating way too slow. Also our guards do not close out shooters as much as they should.

Comment

• I love Bargnani in the first half. He seemed to have just lost it in the second. His defense was "decent" in the first quarter/half... Second he was a disaster.

Positives
                            He got to the line 8 times.
                            He stayed in the paint a lot more, most of his points were in the paint
                            He didn't over shoot his 3s, although I would have liked him to knock some down in the 4th quarter
                            He shot 100% from down town :P
                            His defense in the first quarter was pretty alright
                            He was a lot better than in the pre-season
                            Raptors played better while with him on the court
                            With Reggie by his side, he has found a good rebound mate.
                            2 Blocks, 1 TO (Amare got loads)

Negatives
                            4th quarter, he was invisible.
                            His defense still sucks
                            His shot is so predictable. He got blocked or contested every time after the first quarter.
                            No assists
                            Shot 38% from the field.
                            Missed a couple of shots he should have made.
                            Team defense.
                            Team defense.
                            Amir Johson.
                            I know, I'm just listing out random negatives now

Comment

• Amir was a huge disappointment last night. He needs be a little more disciplined on defence. He's watched too much Bosh over the last couple seasons and is trying to use his athleticism to grab boards instead of being fundamental like Reggie and boxing out. Even Andrea boxed out last night for the most part, so if Bargs can do it there's no reason why Amir can't.

Weems performance last night I really hope has humbled him a bit. Just terrible and I think he knew it based on the screen caption they showed in the first half via TSN. The "Young Onez" turned out being the "Young Flubz" last night. All three were horrible. They need to spend more time on being basketball players than worrying about their extracuricular personas.

Comment

• I was kind of impressed with David Andersen in his limited minutes. not bad at all for a dude i never heard of before the raps got him

Comment

Working...
                                X