I love Bargnani in the first half. He seemed to have just lost it in the second. His defense was "decent" in the first quarter/half... Second he was a disaster.
He got to the line 8 times.
He stayed in the paint a lot more, most of his points were in the paint
He didn't over shoot his 3s, although I would have liked him to knock some down in the 4th quarter
He shot 100% from down town :P
His defense in the first quarter was pretty alright
He was a lot better than in the pre-season
Raptors played better while with him on the court
With Reggie by his side, he has found a good rebound mate.
2 Blocks, 1 TO (Amare got loads)
4th quarter, he was invisible.
His defense still sucks
His shot is so predictable. He got blocked or contested every time after the first quarter.
Shot 38% from the field.
Missed a couple of shots he should have made.
I know, I'm just listing out random negatives now
Amir was a huge disappointment last night. He needs be a little more disciplined on defence. He's watched too much Bosh over the last couple seasons and is trying to use his athleticism to grab boards instead of being fundamental like Reggie and boxing out. Even Andrea boxed out last night for the most part, so if Bargs can do it there's no reason why Amir can't.
Weems performance last night I really hope has humbled him a bit. Just terrible and I think he knew it based on the screen caption they showed in the first half via TSN. The "Young Onez" turned out being the "Young Flubz" last night. All three were horrible. They need to spend more time on being basketball players than worrying about their extracuricular personas.
I was kind of impressed with David Andersen in his limited minutes. not bad at all for a dude i never heard of before the raps got him
I went to the game last night and here are some observations:
* Not even anywhere close to a sellout. There were a LOT of empty seats.
* Not much fanfare and the intro was kinda weak.
* The sparse Knicks fans that were in attendance made more noise than the Raps fans
* If we trade Reggie, we're screwed cause no one's gonna bring the sandpaper or toughness he does. His play allows guys to attack the rim because he clears space
* I know it was just game one, but everyone was pretty awful aside from Reggie, Jack and Andrea.
* Even though a lot of shots were flubbed by Andrea, I was happy to see him attack the rim
* Once their shots start falling, the Knicks will be a better team. That many open looks and guys weren't draining them. They'll fall soon enough. What the hell happened to Anthony Randolph? Wasn't overly impressed with Stoudemire, but he made the tough shots when they were needed.
* WHy is Barbosa forcing up a fadeaway 3 instead of passing it out. We would have been better served to try for a quick two then fouling.
* A lot of guys looked lost. This is very much a work in progress. D needs to tighten up a lot
* This is going to be a VERY long season
don't forget the "daddy dancing crew"
that made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.
and the horribly homo-erotic half-time show
The half-time show.. it takes talent to do the stuff they were doing. You gotta have a ton of body control. I sat in my seat for it. Although, it would have been better to have the kids out there playing ball at the half.
I have to say, I was pretty appauled and disappointed to see people purposely go out of their way to get 18 t-shirts from the seats.
I love Reggie. BC needs to bring that guy back. The only way he should get dealt is if it nets us a nice piece that we can go forward with, who makes ultimately makes us better.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)