View Poll Results: Who will win Wednesday, October 27th?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Toronto Raptors

23 82.14%
  • New York Knicks

5 17.86%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Raptors Republic Game Thread: Raptors 93 - Knickerbockers 98 (F)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    You're forgiven my son.

Perimeter defence needs to tighten up big time. I've accepted that our interior defence will always be an achilles heal, but considering how athletic our back court and small forwards are we need to be better. Unacceptable how many open shots Gallinari, Fields and Chandler got. These guys need to be challenged more.
    I noticed this too. It was because our bigs, especially Bargnani, were caught guarding nobody or rotating way too slow. Also our guards do not close out shooters as much as they should.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Bargnani in the first half. He seemed to have just lost it in the second. His defense was "decent" in the first quarter/half... Second he was a disaster.

Positives
    He got to the line 8 times.
    He stayed in the paint a lot more, most of his points were in the paint
    He didn't over shoot his 3s, although I would have liked him to knock some down in the 4th quarter
    He shot 100% from down town :P
    His defense in the first quarter was pretty alright
    He was a lot better than in the pre-season
    Raptors played better while with him on the court
    With Reggie by his side, he has found a good rebound mate.
    2 Blocks, 1 TO (Amare got loads)

Negatives
    4th quarter, he was invisible.
    His defense still sucks
    His shot is so predictable. He got blocked or contested every time after the first quarter.
    No assists
    Shot 38% from the field.
    Missed a couple of shots he should have made.
    Team defense.
    Team defense.
    Amir Johson.
    I know, I'm just listing out random negatives now

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Amir was a huge disappointment last night. He needs be a little more disciplined on defence. He's watched too much Bosh over the last couple seasons and is trying to use his athleticism to grab boards instead of being fundamental like Reggie and boxing out. Even Andrea boxed out last night for the most part, so if Bargs can do it there's no reason why Amir can't.

Weems performance last night I really hope has humbled him a bit. Just terrible and I think he knew it based on the screen caption they showed in the first half via TSN. The "Young Onez" turned out being the "Young Flubz" last night. All three were horrible. They need to spend more time on being basketball players than worrying about their extracuricular personas.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I was kind of impressed with David Andersen in his limited minutes. not bad at all for a dude i never heard of before the raps got him

Post Thanks / Like

I went to the game last night and here are some observations:

* Not even anywhere close to a sellout. There were a LOT of empty seats.
    * Not much fanfare and the intro was kinda weak.
    * The sparse Knicks fans that were in attendance made more noise than the Raps fans
    * If we trade Reggie, we're screwed cause no one's gonna bring the sandpaper or toughness he does. His play allows guys to attack the rim because he clears space
    * I know it was just game one, but everyone was pretty awful aside from Reggie, Jack and Andrea.
    * Even though a lot of shots were flubbed by Andrea, I was happy to see him attack the rim
    * Once their shots start falling, the Knicks will be a better team. That many open looks and guys weren't draining them. They'll fall soon enough. What the hell happened to Anthony Randolph? Wasn't overly impressed with Stoudemire, but he made the tough shots when they were needed.
    * WHy is Barbosa forcing up a fadeaway 3 instead of passing it out. We would have been better served to try for a quick two then fouling.
    * A lot of guys looked lost. This is very much a work in progress. D needs to tighten up a lot
    * This is going to be a VERY long season

Post Thanks / Like

don't forget the "daddy dancing crew"

that made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

and the horribly homo-erotic half-time show

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post

* The sparse Knicks fans that were in attendance made more noise than the Raps fans
    * If we trade Reggie, we're screwed cause no one's gonna bring the sandpaper or toughness he does. His play allows guys to attack the rim because he clears space
    * I know it was just game one, but everyone was pretty awful aside from Reggie, Jack and Andrea.
    * Even though a lot of shots were flubbed by Andrea, I was happy to see him attack the rim
    * Once their shots start falling, the Knicks will be a better team. That many open looks and guys weren't draining them. They'll fall soon enough. What the hell happened to Anthony Randolph? Wasn't overly impressed with Stoudemire, but he made the tough shots when they were needed.
    * WHy is Barbosa forcing up a fadeaway 3 instead of passing it out. We would have been better served to try for a quick two then fouling.
    * A lot of guys looked lost. This is very much a work in progress. D needs to tighten up a lot
    Cheers brutha. Was the beer still overpriced?

Reggie's active hands/arms kept us in the game. Eventhough he didn't score a point, his rebounding and defence was stellar and I still think he was our MVP last night. (with honourable mention to both Andrea and Jack)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    don't forget the "daddy dancing crew"

that made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

and the horribly homo-erotic half-time show
    I didn't mind the daddy dancing crew. In Dallas and Chicago, their big fat male dancers are revered.

The half-time show.. it takes talent to do the stuff they were doing. You gotta have a ton of body control. I sat in my seat for it. Although, it would have been better to have the kids out there playing ball at the half.

I have to say, I was pretty appauled and disappointed to see people purposely go out of their way to get 18 t-shirts from the seats.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Cheers brutha. Was the beer still overpriced?

Reggie's active hands/arms kept us in the game. Eventhough he didn't score a point, his rebounding and defence was stellar and I still think he was our MVP last night. (with honourable mention to both Andrea and Jack)
    The beers are always overpriced Doc, that's why you always do the caribbean thing - bring beer in the trunk at all times and drink in the underground lot

I love Reggie. BC needs to bring that guy back. The only way he should get dealt is if it nets us a nice piece that we can go forward with, who makes ultimately makes us better.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not because he blows at attacking the rim. He always settles for extremely hard well covered shots instead of powering his way to the rim. Just look at his FG%. When he didn't attack he made more baskets at a higher average.

Post Thanks / Like

I have to say, I was pretty appauled and disappointed to see people purposely go out of their way to get 18 t-shirts from the seats.
    DUDE! We left our shirts on our seats at halftime for the duration of a pee break... came back, and our whole row had been taken. i thought it was MLSE being cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    DUDE! We left our shirts on our seats at halftime for the duration of a pee break... came back, and our whole row had been taken. i thought it was MLSE being cheap.
    I saw people with multiple shirts. It was pretty sickening. You would have thought that the shirts were bars of gold.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    I'm not because he blows at attacking the rim. He always settles for extremely hard well covered shots instead of powering his way to the rim. Just look at his FG%. When he didn't attack he made more baskets at a higher average.
    When your shots aren't falling, you attack the rim and even if you don't make the shot, hopefully you get the foul call. Plis the percentages are higher attacking the rim. If he was just shooting jump shots, people would have complained how soft he was/is. It was nice to see him go to the rim.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

If they don't fill up the ACC seats this season will BC still be retained???????

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

When your shots aren't falling, you attack the rim and even if you don't make the shot, hopefully you get the foul call. Plis the percentages are higher attacking the rim. If he was just shooting jump shots, people would have complained how soft he was/is. It was nice to see him go to the rim.
    He got near the rim but he never actually properly attacked it. There was bunch of time where he would take a well covered low percentage turn around jumper. I want to see him use his size and dunk the ball.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    If they don't fill up the ACC seats this season will BC still be retained???????
    Raps will still finish in the top half in attendance, so he'll probably still be retained.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    He got near the rim but he never actually properly attacked it. There was bunch of time where he would take a well covered low percentage turn around jumper. I want to see him use his size and dunk the ball.
    I would love for him to take the ball and dunk it too, but you have to admit that a shot closer to the rim has a higher percentage of going in than one from longer range. It seemed like shots weren't falling all night.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread Information