Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basketball Prospectus Predicts the Raptors Will Be the NBA's "Worst Team"

http://www.basketballprospectus.com/...articleid=1225

Well, Bradford Doolittle does. Kevin Pelton picks Detroit.

Worst team?
    Bradford's comments:
    Toronto Raptors
    Detroit is in a bad position, can’t argue with that. Just to be different, I’ll go with Toronto, the worst team in my simulations. From the roster to the coaching staff, this is a franchise primed for a fall. The Raptors are relying on players to step into roles for which they are not ready.
    First Coach fired?
    Kevin's comments:
    Jay Triano, Toronto
    This is a hard choice this year, since most coaches seem safe by virtue of being new to their positions, their track record of success or the likely performance of their team this year. Triano might be the easiest guy to scapegoat if his team struggles early, which is possible for the Raptors.
    Okay, we will not likely be good, but given our youth and relative depth I don't see us being the worst team. We can hang around even with an injury or two, other teams will be in more trouble.
    http://twitter.com/Liston

I don't care anymore what Americans say about the team. I just can't wait until opening night tomorrow and they'll shut-up.
    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

I really have a funny feeling the raps will surprise this year. Not to the extent of contending, but i think theyll be 4-5 games below .500 before the all-star game and then theyll pick up a major name before the trade deadline with a trade and the TPE and then theyll make it to the playoffs.

i think theyll beat Miami one time out of the 4 games, Kleiza will play in the all-star game and triano will be fired before the season ends.

Comment

I think the team falls flat on it's face straight out of the gate and then near the end of the season once the playoffs are a distant memory they pick it up and thus kill a lot of their chance at winning the lotto. That's the prototypical Toronto Raptors' season during most rebuilding years.

Comment

Doubt if Triano gets fired this year, but just for fun, how bad do the Raptors have to start for Colangelo to start even considering it?

Comment

0-12, 1-20, 2-25.

I think any of those records might do it.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
              I really have a funny feeling the raps will surprise this year. Not to the extent of contending, but i think theyll be 4-5 games below .500 before the all-star game and then theyll pick up a major name before the trade deadline with a trade and the TPE and then theyll make it to the playoffs.

i think theyll beat Miami one time out of the 4 games, Kleiza will play in the all-star game and triano will be fired before the season ends.
              You opinion is now officially irrelevant after the Kleiza all star game part.....I have never heard anything so delusional on this board....you are either lithuanian,a relative or clueless.....

Comment

Please you guys don't over-estimate this group of largely unknown talent!!! I don't want the collective fan-base/media to be bitching about how we're not a playoff team when we clearly do NOT have the talent required to be in the playoff picture at all. Now I understand and agree that there is always a darkhorse chance at the playoffs, but to turn plausibility into expectation is insane and will have serious repercussions on one's sanity when we go on a big losing streak.... I for one am refusing to add fuel to the already Manic-depressive Raptors fan base... We're going to lose a lot. I'm OK with that as long as we're developing, learning and progressing into a future contender...
                When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post

The optimism is great and all but lemme get this straight... They'll make the playoffs and Triano will still befired before the season is out? That doesn't make too much sense to me.

Comment

Yayyyy...more "news"!!!! Something we haven't read, yet, all year!!!!! lol...Man, what else is old? These media guys recycle their stupid, uneducated statements about our team as if we're worse than NJ or the Knicks, etc, and been doin' this all summer and going forward. Jus like Miami's gonna "kill the entire league" before their first game, too. All I gotta say is don't have high expectations of this team, and let's SHARE the surprise with the American media when the world sees that we ain't as bad as advertised. Raps All Day!!!!
                    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                      Doubt if Triano gets fired this year, but just for fun, how bad do the Raptors have to start for Colangelo to start even considering it?
                      I believe you'll be correct - expectations are so low, what would have to happen to get him fired?

Comment

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
                        These media guys recycle their stupid, uneducated statements about our team as if we're worse than NJ or the Knicks, etc, and been doin' this all summer and going forward.
                        Pelton (who actually picked DET as worst) is very much respected. "Uneducated" would not be a term I would use to describe him.

Comment

I thought about it and without and improvements to the point guard spot and center this team will not do anything this year.

Comment

Trife76 wrote: View Post
                            You opinion is now officially irrelevant after the Kleiza all star game part.....I have never heard anything so delusional on this board....you are either lithuanian,a relative or clueless.....
                            whatever hater. somebody around here should at least be optimistic about the season. go get manly love from the miami three

i read your posts man, you got nothing to say but negative crap. you berate bargs, the young gunz, jose, evans....what the F are you doin here anyways? go post on miami boards

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                              The optimism is great and all but lemme get this straight... They'll make the playoffs and Triano will still befired before the season is out? That doesn't make too much sense to me.
                              mah bad. i meant to say rough start, then triano gets fired.

Comment

Working...
                              X