X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awards Predictions

Well get your crystal balls out:

Individual Awards:

MVP: Kevin Durant (unquestioned leader of his team, primed to score about 35 points a game at age 22 for a possible 55-60 win ball club) 2nd place: Kan't Kount Kobe out. Lebron and D-Wade will probably split a lot of votes, but I'm sure they'll get some.

Most Improved: Kevin Love. He's got a good shot at leading the league in rebounds and he's just a hard-nosed smart talented basketball player. Not to mention he should have the run of the place in Minnesota. 2nd place: Anthony Randolph. If the knicks get some wins this year, and he keeps his ego in check, then he should get enough minutes to show the potential we've been hearing about. I don't know what the rules are about a player who left the league and came back, but Linas Kleiza should probably enter the equation if he has a good season. Which I hope he does.

6th man: Is Manu Ginobili starting? If he's not, I think it's his award to lose. He should have a great season if he's healthy and the big 3 in San Antonio want to make another push for a title. 2nd place: Leandro Barbosa (if he's not starting about a month into the season). The guy's a spark plug, you all saw the pre-season. Jamal Crawford should enter the equation as well I suppose, but there's going to be a sag in Atlanta. No one seems too happy over there.

Defensive Player of the Year: Dwight Howard. The guy's just an animal. I could see him leading the league in blocks and rebounds again. 2nd place: Josh Smith. J-Smoove has to put this team on his shoulders and dominate games on both ends, but especially defensively.

These are sort of safe picks, let me know if you agree or disagree. There's lots of young guys that could potentially have break-out years but I seemed to puss out and pick proven guys. So sue me. All I know is that I haven't been this excited about a basketball season starting since I was 10.

You're about a week or two late with this thread, some else created it already man.

Comment

You're also missing the ROY and sportsmanship awards.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
        You're about a week or two late with this thread, some else created it already man.
        My mistake! That's 10 minutes I'll never get back.

Comment

Prime wrote: View Post
          You're also missing the ROY and sportsmanship awards.
          ROY = Blake Griffin

Sportsmanship = Grant Hill

Comment

Working...
          X