Someone shoulda started a Miami-Boston game thread ...so I will

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone shoulda started a Miami-Boston game thread ...so I will

I believe it's the opening game of the season and rightly so. Stern wouldnt have had it anyway else.

Just checked in at half time....and horrors!! Score: 45-30 for our "favorite team"....the C%$@ics.

WTF happened to the boyz from south beach?

Caught Barkley's comment at half time..."Bosh is a terrific player, but he is a jump shooter".
    Ouch. CB has 5 pts I think.

Looking forward to the second half to check it out more closely. Must have been a baaad shooting performance or the "other" team played great defence....or the boyz just didnt mesh.

Meh .... no offence, but I could care less about both the Heat and Celts. But am happy to see that Bosh is struggling.

Comment

Bron Bron takin' over now! Should be an entertaining finish... Disappointed in Bosh and D.Wade though.

Comment

Well, they're not going 82-0, are they?
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

good game glad to see boston win. This game goes to show all the talent in the world will not get you a win, its the little things like setting solid screens and knowing when to take your shots in the offense and rotating on defense which wins you games. Boston is nasty in the half court I wish toronto would keep up some of the little things that boston did tonight.

I look at this game and think how can toronto expect to compete when we can't even defend the perimeter to get that extra help.

Comment

I like the Boston crowd chant "OVER-RATED!", I think that will catch on fast around the league but hey those guys wanted to be together so nobody is going to make it easy for them.

Ironically as soon as the fans started chanting over-rated that's where Lebron took over and made a very close run at the lead.

It was fun listening to Kevin McHale echoing what I and others must have thought when they watched this game that it looks like the Cleveland Cavaliers team out there with Lebron putting the team on his back as always.

Bosh and Wade had a bad game. Silly Bosh thought that playing in Toronto was hard and that in Miami he can ride the coat tails of the two superstars while getting his own accolades. In actuality he will have to fight his own team-mates to get touches and if the team loses and he doesn't play well, its not Wade or Lebron people are going to be critcizing, and when it comes to praise it will go to Wade Or Lebron when Miami wins. I predict that what happened with Damon Stoudemire might happen with Bosh as well where Damon was considered a top notch point guard on a bad team in Toronto but then was seen for the rest of his career as an average point guard on a good team.

Comment

YAY! I'm a semi Boston fan (they have Ray Ray and KG who are two players I have incredible respect for, I was also a Sonics fan because of my best friend btw) GOOD WIN, CELTICS WIN, MIAMI LOSE, BOSH GOES FOR 8 POINTS, I AM HAPPY But gotta say, no one on the Miami team played well. LeBron had 8 TOs. And shot badly till the second half. And apart from the big three, they have a bunch of old scrubs. It's pretty sad, look at their roster without the big three. Chalmers, Aroyo, Ilgauskas, Anothony, Magloire, Haslem, House, Jones (Miller doesn't count). All those players (apart from Chalmers) are in their 30s or close. All of them are pretty average or below average players. All pretty slow, and actually a line-up like that would get you 5 wins. Chalmers is "okay", and Haslem is pretty alright. The rest are crap. The heat should have signed their rookies, at least they had potential and athleticism (DaSean). Oh well, there goes relying on the big three, and maybe 50 wins for them. But no championship. Boston or Lakers this year, at least.

Comment

Stat of the night has to be 14, that's how many turnovers James and Wade combined for. I see a lot of writers with headlines similar to "Heat lose despite James scoring 31 points". I think the headlines should read "Heat lose because of James' and Wade's carelessness".

Either way, I hate the Heat and I damn well know I hate the Celtics. There was a douche bag competition at the highest level going on last night.
                Last edited by Apollo; Wed Oct 27, 2010, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Either way, I hate the Heat and I damn well know I hate the Celtics. There was a douche bag competition at the highest level going on last night.
                  I found myself cheering for the Celtics that night, they were my most hated team a season ago.

Looks like someone else took the crown as the most hated team for me now.

Comment

When I dislike teams on this level the laws of ranking breakdown...

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      When I dislike teams on this level the laws of ranking breakdown...

LOL - I couldn't have said it any better.

Comment

Working...
                      X