Barbosa's Going Under the Knife Eventually

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbosa's Going Under the Knife Eventually

Ugh .... this isn't good news to start the season. The same wrist that kept Leandro out for most of last season is slowing becoming an issue already.

Raptors guard Leandro Barbosa may not be able to contribute as much as the team had hoped for in the 2010-11 season.

Barbosa told the Globe and Mail that he will have surgery on his right wrist at some point in the future, depending on how long he can play through the discomfort.

The shooting guard, acquired from the Phoenix Suns in the trade that sent Hedo Turkoglu south, will be in the lineup Wednesday night for the Raptors season opener, but the question is how effective he will be, and how long he will be able to delay surgery.

"It's not 100 per-cent, but I'm going to play and be there with my teammates and try to do my best," Barbosa told the Globe and Mail. "So if I feel comfortable, everything will be okay. If not then I'll have to do a couple of things."

The first-year Raptor practiced with team on Tuesday with his wrist wrapped.

"We'll see how far we go. If I don't feel comfortable and I feel like I can't shoot the ball and can't dribble I'll have to go in a different direction.”

Barbosa injured his wrist in a fall Friday night while the team was playing in Montreal. It is the same wrist that he had surgery on last season to remove a cyst.
    Source - Click here

he might not have to do it until the end of the season, who knows.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

If they lose Barbosa for any extended period of time, it will be a significant loss. He has been pesky defensively in the pre-season and his ability to create and hit open shots are both valuable skills for this Raptor team.

I hope yhe is able to play but the fact they are mentioning surgery before the season has begun, is concerning.

Comment

If he plays through it now, he could put up numbers like he did last year in Phoenix. He should just have the surgery now and correct it before it gets worse.

Comment

He should go for surgery now since TO isn't most likely going to the playoffs. Take care of his health 1st then ball.

Comment

Working...
          X