Adande: "Toronto would seem to be at a disadvantage for free agents"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adande: "Toronto would seem to be at a disadvantage for free agents"

Hmmm .... I don't know how excited I'd be to become even more international than we already are. I mean, I guess if the type of player is a Garbajosa-esque style complete with toughness and grit I'd be happy, but not of the same mold and lack of intensity of some of our current men for overseas.

Thoughts?

Jesse (Ferndale, MI) - The Raptors are going to have to trade Bosh. Theres no concievable reason for him to return to Toronto. The front office has made some sloppy moves, the team is struggling, it isn't a city that will attract other big name free agents... there's just not a lot to excited about with this franchise. And letting Bosh walk for nothing, in my opinion, is just cause to fire Coloangelo. So they gotta move him, right?

J.A. Adande - Toronto would seem to be at a disadvantage for free agents, but you're thinking in American terms. To foreign players the idea of playing in Toronto isn't so bad. It didn't stop Hedo Turkoglu from going there instead of a better team in America (Portland). So I wouldn't automatically rule out Toronto as a FA destination for the ever-growing pool of international guys.
    Source - Click here

I don't think Toronto is at a disadvantage for free agents.
    nbaroundtable

Comment

Show me da money

...will win out most of the time

ps...wasnt it someone from MI (read Detroit) asking? The nerve! Lol.

Comment

Players and Agents get excited about one thing - MONEY.

But that doesn't mean trades don't happen!
        The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

There are many factors for players to come to Toronto:
          1) MONEY
          2) Multicultural diversity (ex Caribbean festival)
          3) If players want to go to NY but can't, how about NY Jr?
          4) Attendance (FANS all the way) Raptors fans >>>>> Hawks fans (sad )
          5) Good organization that has a GM that can "QUICKLY" fix/adjust roster... (it shows the capability of the GM)

Comment

Speaking of the Hawks Fans......WTF is wrong with that city. If Toronto were in that position every game would be sold out. They have a team thats young/exciting to watch/winning.

Comment

DP-Baller wrote: View Post
              Speaking of the Hawks Fans......WTF is wrong with that city. If Toronto were in that position every game would be sold out. They have a team thats young/exciting to watch/winning.
              Atlanta's a hockey town. That's why the Hawks don't get any support.

Comment

I think it all comes down the the players' agent, the players' level of knowledge about Canada and the players' career goals. There is a lot of ignorance about Toronto and Canada in general on the part of many Americans. I have no doubt the misconceptions play a role in decisions about Toronto. However, I feel that in the coming years Toronto will become a more desirable place. My feeling is due to the economy down there. There are more difficult times on the horizon for the American people and their businesses. Less money, less jobs, more taxes, a lowering standard of living and a dollar teetering on meltdown. Sounds bleak, I know.

Comment

Working...
                X