Collins Goes Crazy. Puts Kapono Ahead of Rookie Turner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collins Goes Crazy. Puts Kapono Ahead of Rookie Turner

According to ESPN, Doug Collins announced his starting line-up for the opening game, I quote
    I really don't have what I would call a first five but I think I'll start, unless something dramatic happens, Jrue Holiday and 'Dre [Andre Iguodala] and Jason Kapono and Spencer Hawes and Elton Brand," Collins to the Philadelphia Daily News. "That's the group we've sort of been going with. Kapono brings an element to that group that we need and that's making shots, and we feel like coming off the bench we have guys who will blend well with the others.
    I know Evan is still a rookie, but he needs minutes and he'll soon be a superstar IMO. He shot badly during the preseason, but he's young and extremely talented, and imagine the athleticism with Holiday, Turner, Iguodala and Young all playing together? Anyways, I think it's crazy how Kapono is starting, yes KAPONO. Crazy.

Evans didn't do anything to warrant starter minutes, he was bad during summer league and unimpressive during the preseason. Maybe to have him coming off the bench and play against other bench guys from other teams will light a fire underneath him or just piss him off that a guy like Kapono is getting the start ahead of him.

So far he looks like a bust, but I will let an entire NBA season to pass by before I make that judgement call.

Comment

"Don't perform and you will be rewarded". It would not be a very good message to send.

Comment

Working...
      X