Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Bosh Dumped The Raptors So He Could Be On T.V.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't believe people are still talking about Bosh. Whats wrong with wanting more media attention? He's the kind of guy who enjoys the spotlight, I don't see whats wrong with that. Look back at all the good moments he had with the Raptors, and appreciate it. The guy put up big numbers the last three years, yet people still blame him for the Raps not succeeding. If I was good and on a team going nowhere, why would I stay? What could the Raptors of done this offseason to make this team any different had Bosh stayed? Bosh made a huge sacrifice going to Miami in that he will probably have next to no jersey sales, his offensive numbers are going down, and everybody hates him more for going to Miami now. Let him go, to keep posting these threads is lame.

Comment

Lol I love Garnetts look after the Pierce dunk. Licking his lips man that dudes nuts.
      He would of been on tv if he even had half the charisma and talent Carter did

Comment

i dont think what chris said makes sense. if you're putting up numbers you shud get regocnized as he did with 5 all star selections. yes he didnt make some all nba teams, but thats just some random ass voting.

raptors need to be seen on national coverage to be "noticed" and exposed. or no one will want to come and play. last year we didnt get a sinlge game on the national scheduel. even though we had a big offseason signing.
        http://www.twitter.com/YateeshKevin23

Comment

YKR23 wrote: View Post
          i dont think what chris said makes sense. if you're putting up numbers you shud get regocnized as he did with 5 all star selections. yes he didnt make some all nba teams, but thats just some random ass voting.

raptors need to be seen on national coverage to be "noticed" and exposed. or no one will want to come and play. last year we didnt get a sinlge game on the national scheduel. even though we had a big offseason signing.
          "big offseason signing" in an off year... not to mention that Turk was BC's second choice after Ariza. But Ariza didn't want to play in a cold weather city.

Comment

Ariza played bad enough last year to get traded one year into his contract too...

Comment

Man, can't even discuss the chicken and egg problem of winning and media attention, without having to listen to this highschool breakup BS regarding Bosh. He wasn't Toronto's boyfriend, and now that he is out of our lives, we DON'T have to prove that we wasn't good enough for us.

Anyways...the question is not whether lack of media exposure prevents us from winning. If the Raps put together a good run of teams then we would get noticed. It didn't stop the Blue Jays being in Canada from putting together some dominant teams in late eighties and early nineties. The success stories are teams like San Antonio (average market team) which has put together a winning formula - and because of the respect they have earned, they can attract players. Same with Utah - although apparently Mormons make the best basketball fans it seems. It is certainly an uphill battle to get players - but once a winning formula is in place, the league will pay attention.

No, what is frustrating is that a big market team can SUCK and they still have a shot a landing a LeBron, Wade, Kobe, Melo, Bosh, Dirk, etc. No matter how terrible, a big market team like New York or L.A. can always pull strings and attract Amare Stoudamire just because it is New York. If the EXACT same team were playing in Cleveland (average market, post-LeBron), would Melo even consider going there for the chance to play with Amare and no one else?
              Last edited by verbatim; Thu Oct 28, 2010, 09:35 PM.

Comment

That's a load of bullshit. I can't stand the things he says, he should get an agent that actually tells him what to say. And Toronto get's load of media coverage because they are the only Canadian basketball team. Also, the fact that they have had a lot of foreign players, makes them very popular in Europe. 90% of Italian Basketball fans are TO fans, and the rest are fans of the contenders. And they show Raptors TV on Italian Cable TV. I'm not kidding, there is a 24/7 channel for Raptors where they show news, highlights and keep on repeating games.
                Also, if you play well, and are a great player, you will get recognition, you don't have to be in NY, LA or Miami to be famous. Look at Garnett in Minnesota, or Gerald Wallace of the Bobcats. If you play hard and well, you will get noticed.
                It just pisses me off at what he says. God. He should be stopped from getting time with the media before he just keeps saying crap like this.

Comment

No cheering. No booing.

Everyone with a placard which reads: "This game is not on TV".

Anyone wanna bet that wouldn't make ESPN Sportscenter?

Now thats exposure!

Comment

bendit wrote: View Post
                    no cheering. No booing.

Everyone with a placard which reads: "this game is not on tv".

Anyone wanna bet that wouldn't make espn sportscenter?

Now thats exposure!
                    hahahahahahahha (y)

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                      No cheering. No booing.

Everyone with a placard which reads: "This game is not on TV".

Anyone wanna bet that wouldn't make ESPN Sportscenter?

Now thats exposure!
                      "That's gold Jerry, GOLD!"
                      +100,000,000

Comment

With our games now being televised mainly only TSN2 and Sportsnet One, does anyone disagree with Bosh? There are Toronto fans out there that can't even watch the fucking games!

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
                          With our games now being televised mainly only TSN2 and Sportsnet One, does anyone disagree with Bosh? There are Toronto fans out there that can't even watch the fucking games!
                          it is pretty BS, to be honest. you can afford to go watch a few games live for the price of the packages to get every game on tv.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                            That's a load of bullshit. I can't stand the things he says, he should get an agent that actually tells him what to say. And Toronto get's load of media coverage because they are the only Canadian basketball team. Also, the fact that they have had a lot of foreign players, makes them very popular in Europe. 90% of Italian Basketball fans are TO fans, and the rest are fans of the contenders. And they show Raptors TV on Italian Cable TV. I'm not kidding, there is a 24/7 channel for Raptors where they show news, highlights and keep on repeating games.
                            Also, if you play well, and are a great player, you will get recognition, you don't have to be in NY, LA or Miami to be famous. Look at Garnett in Minnesota, or Gerald Wallace of the Bobcats. If you play hard and well, you will get noticed.
                            It just pisses me off at what he says. God. He should be stopped from getting time with the media before he just keeps saying crap like this.
                            Bobcats are Jordans team...and Garnett has been and always will be a level above Bosh. Offensively they might be equals (maybe Bosh even having a slight edge) but KG does things that just aren't programmed into CB's head.

Comment

Bosh definitely getting noticed more...

... but i'm not sure if this is what he had in mind.

"LeBron can spin this publicly however he wants, but you can't hide on a basketball court. You're wearing a sleeveless jersey, shorts, socks and sneakers. That's it. If you're angry, we can tell. If you're happy, we can tell. If you're frightened, we can tell. For instance, Bosh was scared sh*tless Tuesday night. He'd never played in a game like that before. He wanted no part of the crowd, Kevin Garnett's swarming defense, the ball on the low post, his free throws, anything. (Not a good sign for Miami's title hopes, by the way.)"

Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...9&sportCat=nba

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                                This post tells me how out of touch you are with the NBA....you really think players care about european coverage ?

Comment

Working...
                                X