Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is Reggie the Next Oakley?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is Reggie the Next Oakley?

It seems to be that Reggie could be the "Elder Statesman" of this young team. He brings the energy every play and knows his role.

He seems to hold everyone accountable and is not afraid to say things to back up/motivate his team mates. He's already a fan favorite for his hard work and is the guy who encourages the fans to make noise.

What do you guys think?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Reggie's the next Reggie.

Post Thanks / Like

Reggie is nothing like Charles Oakley besides the fact that he works hard for his money. I like what Reggie did in game one but he's not Oak.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

i was thinking more like rodman than oakley.

volume rebounding, little to no offense, touching other dudes balls.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Reggie is turning into a really solid leader - but not Oak. Oak took veteran players and at times used intimidation to enforce effort and teamwork. Reggie leads by example in showing these guys that effort is EVERYTHING....
    When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Reggie is Reggie, but if he had Oak's jump shot that'd be pretty sweet.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Raptors Republic Rookie Brain Colangelo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Reggie is sane. Rodman - nuts.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Reggie is more Rodman than he is Oak. But in the end, Reggie is Reggie. And so far this season, that's a great thing.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Reggie is becoming our version of Ben Wallace.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Evans over his nine year career before this season averaged 60 games a season and 19 mpg.

He has never averaged over 24 mpg in his career

Evans has averaged 30+ minutes in the first two games of 10-11.

If Triano continues to play him anything close to that number of mpg Reggie will most likely break down, wind up getting injured and become largely ineffective.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

ďAs a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to winĒ
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Reggie's minutes are going to continue like this. When Ed gets ready and back up to speed Reggie isn't going to see as much time.

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope that Dorsey is taking notes, if he wants minutes he better jump for those rebounds like his life depends on it because his NBA career sure does.

Its funny how we have one of the best rebounders in the NBA playing with one of the worst rebounders in the NBA. Come on Bargs eat and workout like Reggie!

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Reggie for Defensive Player of the Year! HAHA

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I don't think Reggie's minutes are going to continue like this. When Ed gets ready and back up to speed Reggie isn't going to see as much time.
    I'll be honest, Apollo.

I disagree. I think Amir's gonna see VERY little time when Davis returns, as Davis will eat the majority of his minutes.

Reggie will start the majority, if not all, of the season, barring a HUGE coming out party for Davis (10 rebounds and 2 blocks on a consistent basis).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Introcollapse wrote: View Post
    Reggie will start the majority, if not all, of the season, barring a HUGE coming out party for Davis (10 rebounds and 2 blocks on a consistent basis).
    Did you consider that this may be Reggie's audition before being moved? He was already almost moved once. He has an expiring contract, it's $5M. Also, they just dropped major coin to retain Amir and then as you mentioned, they have high hopes from their 1st rounder Ed Davis. If winning was the purpose of this season it would make sense to milk Reggie's good play until the wheel come off but I don't think winning is the main goal this year. I think this year is about rebuilding around the new young core. Giving Reggie big minutes doesn't help the team long term unless it's to showcase his talents for trade purposes.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Did you consider that this may be Reggie's audition before being moved? He was already almost moved once. He has an expiring contract, it's $5M. Also, they just dropped major coin to retain Amir and then as you mentioned, they have high hopes from their 1st rounder Ed Davis. If winning was the purpose of this season it would make sense to milk Reggie's good play until the wheel come off but I don't think winning is the main goal this year. I think this year is about rebuilding around the new young core. Giving Reggie big minutes doesn't help the team long term unless it's to showcase his talents for trade purposes.
    Colangelo did say that he would not concede and give up trying to win.

And any coach (myself included) will tell you that there's nothing to be gained by losing, or not doing everything possible to win.

Teams that tank have poor chemistry. Nuff said.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Introcollapse wrote: View Post
    Colangelo did say that he would not concede and give up trying to win.

And any coach (myself included) will tell you that there's nothing to be gained by losing, or not doing everything possible to win.

Teams that tank have poor chemistry. Nuff said.
    There's a big difference between trying to lose and trying to develop talent. Developing talent may lead to losses but that doesn't make it the goal.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Jack said during the game that reggie reminds him of Jerome from the good ol' days, which come to think of it is a much more apt description.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Reggie's hustle but I agree that this may be his audition for a trade. We definitely need this sort of rebounding to make up for that other guy that's on "perpetual snooze" on the court.

Raptors Republic All-Star Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Reggie can't score a basket.
    He is in his own unique category.

I like him though.

Thread Information