Is Reggie the Next Oakley?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    Did you consider that this may be Reggie's audition before being moved? He was already almost moved once. He has an expiring contract, it's $5M. Also, they just dropped major coin to retain Amir and then as you mentioned, they have high hopes from their 1st rounder Ed Davis. If winning was the purpose of this season it would make sense to milk Reggie's good play until the wheel come off but I don't think winning is the main goal this year. I think this year is about rebuilding around the new young core. Giving Reggie big minutes doesn't help the team long term unless it's to showcase his talents for trade purposes.
    Colangelo did say that he would not concede and give up trying to win.

And any coach (myself included) will tell you that there's nothing to be gained by losing, or not doing everything possible to win.

Teams that tank have poor chemistry. Nuff said.
    Joshua Priemski
    NBA blogger
    SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
    www.RufusOnFire.com/
    www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

Introcollapse wrote: View Post
      Colangelo did say that he would not concede and give up trying to win.

And any coach (myself included) will tell you that there's nothing to be gained by losing, or not doing everything possible to win.

Teams that tank have poor chemistry. Nuff said.
      There's a big difference between trying to lose and trying to develop talent. Developing talent may lead to losses but that doesn't make it the goal.

Comment

Jack said during the game that reggie reminds him of Jerome from the good ol' days, which come to think of it is a much more apt description.

Comment

I love Reggie's hustle but I agree that this may be his audition for a trade. We definitely need this sort of rebounding to make up for that other guy that's on "perpetual snooze" on the court.

Comment

Reggie can't score a basket.
            He is in his own unique category.

I like him though.

Comment

Oakley had some semblance of an offensive game as he could hit the 10-15 foot J on the regular & was a better defender overall in my mind. That being said Reggie is on the same level as Oaktree when it comes to going after the ball, heart, hustle & desire to compete when on the floor. The locker-room/on court presence time will tell. I have always like Evans hustle game ever since he was a Sonic.
              Last edited by SirChillyMost; Sat Oct 30, 2010, 01:46 PM.

Comment

I hope Reggie stays with this team. He's everything we're sorely missing right now. Only time will tell if Ed Davis will produce in the same manner and fashion (with offense ofcourse) the way Reggie produces rebounds. It would be awstruck to see Reggie continue to average over 10+ rebounds a game. I think Reggie now, the way he's gotten himself into shape and whatnot is trying to win suitors for his services come next year.
                #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

Working...
                X