2008 Draft - Raptors Would Have Picked Hickson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ebrian wrote: View Post
    It's possible that Ed Davis could be better than Hickson in the future, but I think to simply state it as fact, is pure crazy.
    Who stated Ed Davis being better than Hickson as fact? I certainly didn't.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
      Although we haven't seen Ed Davis play an NBA game, yet, he's got far more potential to be a better player than Hickson. Drafting Hickson might have meant that the Raptors wouldn't have traded for Amir, too. It's the butterfly effect. Just because you draft a good player doesn't mean things turn out the same, except you have that same player.
      +1. Also, Hickson is supposedly driving Byron Scott crazy with inability to know the O and focus/attention. I guess he doesn't have a high basketball IQ. But man, does he have the tools.

Comment

Yeah, he's greatly talented. Maturity hopefully will come with time.

Comment

Explain How Davis potential rates higher than Hickson ? To me thats complete melancholy...YUP !

Hickson at best can be a strong double double player...Ed Davis at best is NOT better than that...and im davis guy but lets be reality here...

Comment

Trife76 wrote: View Post
            Explain How Davis potential rates higher than Hickson ? To me thats complete melancholy...YUP !

Hickson at best can be a strong double double player...Ed Davis at best is NOT better than that...and im davis guy but lets be reality here...
            Ed Davis also has a chance to be a double-double player, but he's got a very high basketball IQ, is a smart defender and is renowned for being a hard worker. No one has ever questioned Davis' focus or ability to understand plays. I'll take Davis over Hickson at this point and I'd venture a guess that most GMs would do the same thing.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Ed Davis also has a chance to be a double-double player, but he's got a very high basketball IQ, is a smart defender and is renowned for being a hard worker. No one has ever questioned Davis' focus or ability to understand plays. I'll take Davis over Hickson at this point and I'd venture a guess that most GMs would do the same thing.
              And Davis' father is a former NBA player who kicked around the league for 10 years because he was a grinder. Having a father who played in the league, and wasn't a dick, must be a great resource and preparation tool.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                And Davis' father is a former NBA player who kicked around the league for 10 years because he was a grinder. Having a father who played in the league, and wasn't a dick, must be a great resource and preparation tool.
                I especially liked that part.
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Andy Rautins doesnt think so...

Comment

Most NBA players have high basketball IQs thats why they play in the NBA....he did nothing in college to set apart his IQ from anybody drafted in the 1st round...and hes never played a single NBA game,where as Hickson clearly has shown he can and will be a double double player with mins...and Hickson came into the league with more pedigree out of college than Davis..so again if you liek Davis and want him to succeed thats cool but theres nothing factual or tangible you can point too to give you a conclusion that he will be better and he doesnt have a higher ceiling than JJ so leave that out....

Comment

To be honest who cares what most GMs in the NBA would do,most GMs in basketball are morons which is why Joe Johnson is a max player,Eddy Curry and Jerome James got 10 mil per,why Mike Conley is getting 5 yr 45 mil and the leage is losing money hand over fist and going into a lockout next year lol

Worst argument to ever make is to co sign NBA GMs in terms of decision making or off the record quoting...Over half the NBA GMs are complete failures as exes businessmen and basketball evaluators and would be out on the street if they werent connected at the top in the NBA....thats why you got 7-8 good teams and 20 or so bad ones.....NBA more so than any other sport is full of absolute idiots running teams and making personnel decisions...

Comment

This is like saying we should've picked Danny Granger over Joey Graham.

Woops.

Comment

Working...
                        X