Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bosh Clears the Air With FAN590

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bosh Clears the Air With FAN590

Apparently Bosh was on the FAN this morning to clear the air of the misinterpretation of his recent comments about why he wanted to leave Toronto for south of the border.

Summary courtesy of mcruzr from over at the RealGM:

Pretty much what he is saying is that his quote was taken out of context. Also stated that the perception of popular players mean that they are better players.
    - "If people don't see me play, then they don't know anything about it." His statement was never meant to be the reason why he left Toronto.
    - "That's the reason I made that decision, to win championships."
    Every game after the all star break, he was distracted due to the plethora of questions pre and post-games with reporters about the 2010 off season.
    - "I just want to play basketball right now. I don't want to concentrate on that stuff" I never once wanted to make this a distraction. I just wanted to play basketball." Also stated he was getting mentally tired because of all the 2010 talk.
    When asked if he "mailed it in", he replied with "I'm my worst critique. I don't go out to bomb games." Playing through his ankle tweak slowed him down. Played against many playoff teams down the stretch.
    - "I know I worked hard and I know that I tried to lead as best as possible."

Everything else seems OT after this point.

Last thing:
    How you want to be remembered for your time in Toronto:

"For the work that i did. That we did together. just because people make business decisions doesn't erase what we did in the last 7 years."
    "I still miss Toronto." "It wasn't an easy decision.
    "This was somewhere I considered home."
    "Not any one time did I ever have something bad to say about the city "
    "At the end of the day, its nothing but good memories."
    "I always thank everybody for the support."
    Source - Click here

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Apparently Bosh was on the FAN this morning to clear the air of the misinterpretation of his recent comments about why he wanted to leave Toronto for south of the border.

Summary courtesy of mcruzr from over at the RealGM:

Source - Click here
    I don't think addressing this was necessary as fans and Torontonians will find things to dislike if they dislike you, and have hurt feelings from their inner step-child complex for whatever reason, but maybe we'll see some retractions from some of the media (Feschuk is a clown) and perhaps some of the bloggers (unlikely) considering he's taken the time to address this petty chatter and dispell the assumptions.

If I was him I would have said "who cares what they think or what they think my comments mean", but at least he took the time to speak to our only radio station and address this talk like a man.

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote sleepz wrote: View Post
    If I was him I would have said "who cares what they think or what they think my comments mean", but at least he took the time to speak to our only radio station and address this talk like a man.
    Rumour has it, Bosh called the FAN590 himself requesting this opportunity to explain. So that says something to a certain degree too that he does care what people in Toronto and Canada think of him. Seems pretty genuine to me.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's ironic. It seems Bosh's comments keep getting taken out of context. And yet he chose to go to a team that will be a media frenzy for the next 5+ years. If he cares so much about his image, he's really got to learn not say so much to the media and watch his words -- or he'll keep getting burned.

You know people on this board and elsewhere will resort to name-calling when describing Chris Bosh. Me, I think he was the best player to ever don a Raptors uniform. Things didn't work out for the Raptors and Bosh, and we move on. That's really all there is to it.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If he indeed personally call FAN590 to air his side, then good on him, i applaud him for that.

But in the future, he should just say "no comment" in case he gets asked questions about his time in Toronto. I mean isnt he getting tired of explaining himself over and over again? If he really doesnt want his words "taken out of context" then just choose to not say anything at all.

Post Thanks / Like

He seems to be a player that engages the media. He was known for that by the local scribes and you can tell it appeals to him, however sometimes it goes well, and other times it doesn't and that's just the way the world is nowadays.

At least he addressed it, it's been clarified so there are no misconceptions and maybe we can get off this Bosh stuff and just focus on the current Raps team.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

good for him... that's pretty commendable on his part.. clearing the air and all

still hate him.

Raptors Republic Starter blaze89's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    good for him... that's pretty commendable on his part.. clearing the air and all

still hate him.
    lol ya would be lying if i said i havent bashed CB-i think i cussed him last post haha-but at least hes trying to keep his dignity and respect for himself and for the city of Toronto.....
    dont matter hes still getting booed hardcore when he comes to T.O regardless of what he has to say

Post Thanks / Like

bosh is human... people say dumb s$%# sometimes when they really dont mean to.. happens to the best of us.. at least he ackowledged it and tried to clear the air.. thats a decent thing for him to do

i still think he looks like the horrible offspring resulting from some demented coitus between a llama and an ostrich

and he's a s#%$ player.

but good on him for being a decent human being this once.
    Last edited by heinz57; Fri Oct 29th, 2010 at 12:00 PM. Reason: edited cussing

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

You guys are fools man.

I saw the Bosh interview on TV, he knew exactly what he was saying and what it meant. He DOES NOT care about Toronto or his fans here, so why do you show him any respect.

He's gone people, good riddance.

Raptors Republic Rookie Brain Colangelo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bosh is spinning this and that's all. He's good with the media. Get over him, don't boo him, root against the Heat cuz they're the epitome of evil...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    You guys are fools man.

I saw the Bosh interview on TV, he knew exactly what he was saying and what it meant. He DOES NOT care about Toronto or his fans here, so why do you show him any respect.

He's gone people, good riddance.
    Hopefully there will be a few more exits in the near future with some of the existing roster.

Speaking of interviews Multirupaul (just playing man, lol) I never got your take on the Andrea interviews last year explaining his laziness, lack of motivation and inability to do things on the court that he and we all know should be done?

Is that in anyway a disrespect to the fans who pay money to go see max effort from players? Doesn't that indicate a lack of respect for the fans in this city that are paying to see him watch rebounds in the air watching the game as we are, drift at the 3pt line and refuse to mix it up in the paint, leave his feet to try and block a shot, or his worst infraction imo, refusing to be a student of the game and study it so at the very least he understands defensive rotations in his 5th year in the league?

Save the judgement bredren. Stick to creating your wonderful Avatars at home in the basement.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote sleepz wrote: View Post
    Hopefully there will be a few more exits in the near future with some of the existing roster.

Speaking of interviews Multirupaul (just playing man, lol) I never got your take on the Andrea interviews last year explaining his laziness, lack of motivation and inability to do things on the court that he and we all know should be done?

Is that in anyway a disrespect to the fans who pay money to go see max effort from players? Doesn't that indicate a lack of respect for the fans in this city that are paying to see him watch rebounds in the air watching the game as we are, drift at the 3pt line and refuse to mix it up in the paint, leave his feet to try and block a shot, or his worst infraction imo, refusing to be a student of the game and study it so at the very least he understands defensive rotations in his 5th year in the league?

Save the judgement bredren. Stick to creating your wonderful Avatars at home in the basement.
    I love how you take this thread and somehow misdirect it to your hate-on for bargs, the raptors, and Toronto in general.

www.miamiheat.com

your true home is here, please go there soon

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Rumour has it, Bosh called the FAN590 himself requesting this opportunity to explain. So that says something to a certain degree too that he does care what people in Toronto and Canada think of him. Seems pretty genuine to me.
    Yeah, it does. It says a lot more than what some reporter can who now looks as though they were just trying to stir the pot to get themselves attention.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post

still hate him.
    somebody call the waaaaaaaaah-mbulance!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote nubreed000 wrote: View Post
    somebody call the waaaaaaaaah-mbulance!
    i was unaware that 10 year old girls were going to have an issue with me giving him credit despite hating him.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

i just don't get the hate. honestly...get over it. we all knew it was happening so why cry about it? the guy has been a classier act than most other players. and 2 weeks of stupid twitter shit don't negate the class act he's been for the last 7.

Raptors Republic Rookie Raptoronto's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He's trying hard to patch up his image (surprise) but he still have not offered a mea culpa for any of his careless actions.

Why did he wait till the very last second to declare his intentions, knowing it would completely screw the team he played for seven seasons, when it was plainly obvious he made the decision months (possibly years) in advance?

Does he realize that making public comments regarding Toronto being "different" and a waste land for exposure, even if true, is damaging the Toronto franchise?...and that toying with people intentionally will bring on the angst he is feeling now?

Was he cleared to play while he watched his team implode from 5th to 9th in the rankings?

If he wants to clear the air, then clear the air about what is irritating the fans not what is irritating him...or just zip it and play so we can all move on.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I will be seriously disappointed if after 7 years we boo Bosh for a series of comments that are only offensive when taken in the worst possible light. If Bosh gets equal treatment as Hedo, its no wonder good players wouldn't want to play here. Fans have no appreciation for former players here unless they were traded. Leaving via free agency isn't the same as Bosh dumping Toronto.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote nubreed000 wrote: View Post
    i just don't get the hate. honestly...get over it. we all knew it was happening so why cry about it? the guy has been a classier act than most other players. and 2 weeks of stupid twitter shit don't negate the class act he's been for the last 7.
    dude... i posted in this thread to GIVE HIM CREDIT.

i hate him. thats well documented in these forums. but i posted in here to say i respect him for clearing the air.

but if you got to make enemies with anyone who doesn't like bosh, even though they're actually showing a little respect to the dude... well, right on. thats your play.

my play is saying a player who i think is shitty and i hate, actually won me over by being classy for once.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information