Cha-atl-phi-tor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cha-atl-phi-tor

Before you critique, read the reasons why.

First off, highly unlikely. And by highly unlikely, I mean no chance. But the trade machine is fun to play with, so here goes:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=22vm66w

ATL gets Ed Davis, Lou Williams, Reggie Evans, right to swap 1st round picks with TOR '11
    CHA gets Jose Calderon, Spencer Hawes
    PHI gets Diaw, Jamal Crawford, Derrick Brown, MIA 1st rd pick via TOR, 2nd rd pick from ATL (1 of ATL '11, '12 or PHX '12)
    TOR gets Josh Smith, Andre Igoudala

Reasons why I like the trade:

ATL - going to be unable to resign Horford and Crawford given current roster and salary. They have poor attendance and revenue concerns. They get a promising rookie in Davis, a younger, cheaper guard in Williams who is also a very good player, and an energy guy in Evans. The loss of JAMAL Crawford clears the way for JORDAN Crawford who is looking like a great draft pick. Saves them $7.5M plus whatever it would take to sign JAMAL in salary for next season to ink Horford.

CHA - adds depth at PG with Calderon and depth to a front court desparately needing it in Hawes.

PHI - rumours are starting about Iggy wanting out of PHI. Philly has been rebuilding for years. THey aren't going anywhere with current lineup and have major money invested in Brand and Iggy. Brand isn't going anywhere - no one would touch that contract. Going forward they get financial flexibility which they currently do not have. Also, playing time is freed up for younger players to develop.

TOR - Gets legit talent to go with solid core already in place. The perimeter and help defense acquired in this trade would certainly help compensate for Bargnani's weaknesses while emphasizing his strengths.

Raptors look like this:

PG: JJ/Barbosa/Banks
    SG: Iggy/DeRozan
    SF: Kleiza/Weems/Wright
    PF: Smith/Johnson/Dorsey
    C: Bargnani/Anderson/Alabi

PHI definitely gets the shorter end of the stick in terms of players but they already suck pretty hard. They get major financial relief and flexibility going forward and an opportunity to truly tank and get another high draft pick.

If ATL doesn't go for this, offer Horford a max contract instead.

*I had to edit the trade for a couple of reasons: 1) Raps were $5M in to luxury tax, 2) 76'ers went in to luxury tax, 3) I didn't want to trade Weems - lol.*
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sat Oct 30, 2010, 03:09 PM.

ATL will never let Smith go. Not for Ed Davis, Reggie Evans, Lou Williams and a draft pick...

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
      ATL will never let Smith go. Not for Ed Davis, Reggie Evans, Lou Williams and a draft pick...
      Like I said originally, the trade is most highly unlikely and improbable. But regardless, ATL are going to have to make some tough decisions before the trade deadline and off-season especially considering what happened to them last year in the playoffs.

Comment

Doesn't make any sense to me.
        Toronto's Finest

Comment

Well the Iguodala trade rumors have been debunked. He doesn't want a trade, and after his extension I guess he'll be staying in Philly for quite a while.

I noticed you're pretty good at coming up with trades, but you should try looking for players who aren't stars or franchise players. Young and cheap is what I'd look for!

Comment

Well the Iguodala trade rumors have been debunked. He doesn't want a trade, and after his extension I guess he'll be staying in Philly for quite a while.

I noticed you're pretty good at coming up with trades, but you should try looking for players who aren't stars or franchise players. Young and cheap is what I'd look for!

Comment

I usually try to put something together based rumours read on Hoopshype.com or HoopsWorld.com. One thing I've noticed though is 9 times out of 10 a rumour is debunked, there is something to it. Maybe this is the 1 time in 10 there is not. From an AI perspective, he may not want out but Philly may want him gone soon enough as they appear to be on the verge of another losing season and are 100K below the luxury tax.

I think all GM's are looking for young and cheap players - especially young and cheap players who are good :P

I think this player might be more difficult to get than an established player with a big contract on a shite team.

Here is the trade I'd love to see:
              http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=2freuyc

No doubt the above trade is unlikely. But it is still going to be interesting to see if they can sign Horford, who is going to demand a max contract, with Johnson on a max deal, Smith on a very large deal, Williams making 7-8M per season, Bibby makign $6.2M. Next season, if Horford is on a max deal, they'll have nearly $65M tied up in 8 players and that does not count re-signing Jamal Crawford. That is a lot of coin for a team that got seriously thumped in the second round last year. Also, there could be a hard cap coming or God knows what else the new CBA might have.

If Horford doesn't sign by midnight tomorrow, the Raps should offer max money for him next summer.
              Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sun Oct 31, 2010, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                I usually try to put something together based rumours read on Hoopshype.com or HoopsWorld.com. One thing I've noticed though is 9 times out of 10 a rumour is debunked, there is something to it. Maybe this is the 1 time in 10 there is not. From an AI perspective, he may not want out but Philly may want him gone soon enough as they appear to be on the verge of another losing season and are 100K below the luxury tax.

I think all GM's are looking for young and cheap players - especially young and cheap players who are good :P

I think this player might be more difficult to get than an established player with a big contract on a shite team.

Here is the trade I'd love to see:
                http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=2freuyc

No doubt the above trade is unlikely. But it is still going to be interesting to see if they can sign Horford, who is going to demand a max contract, with Johnson on a max deal, Smith on a very large deal, Williams making 7-8M per season, Bibby makign $6.2M. Next season, if Horford is on a max deal, they'll have nearly $65M tied up in 8 players and that does not count re-signing Jamal Crawford. That is a lot of coin for a team that got seriously thumped in the second round last year. Also, there could be a hard cap coming or God knows what else the new CBA might have.

If Horford doesn't sign by midnight tomorrow, the Raps should offer max money for him next summer.
                Given the uncertainties of what the next CBA will bring, Horford is 'settling' for a deal very similar to what Noah signed. It will be interesting to see if ATL will be able to keep current roster in tact going forward as they are essentially a Conference semi-final team. That is a lot of money for a team to get destroyed in the second round.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5752888

Comment

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...s-feeling-love

As I was saying, they might not have a chance if they can't move Williams. I can't see anyone taking on that contract - might actually be worse than Calderon's because it is one year longer and there are more wings out there than PG's.

Comment

Working...
                  X