Questions Surrounding Raps...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions Surrounding Raps...

When Ed Davis returns where do you put him?
    my answer play him with Amir and bump Andersen out of rotation.

What happened to Jack last night?
    Cavs got the lead down to 6 and Jack got yanked - Calderon came in and they when on a huge run... why did Jack (who has looked good so far) suddenly falter ... against Raymond Sessions of all people??

How is it possible that Evans and Kleiza are both 6-8 245?
    Evans has at least 20lbs on Kleiza

Will DeMar sustain a double digit point average and if he does will he make rookie soft-more game?
    my answer yes and yes

What happened to Calderon's Jumper?
    He better find it before they go west...
    Last edited by charlz; Sat Oct 30, 2010, 06:12 PM.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Ed Davis - Depending on our record, Amir's fouls,etc...He can easily take a share of Amir , Anderson, Bargnani and Evans time

Jack - He missed a couple of defensive assignments in a row

Evans and Klieza - They don't. Often physical stats of players are from rookie years or complete fiction. (Garnett isn't 6-11 either)

DeMar - Yes and sadly no

Calderon - They "say" he's not injured but has this man ever given his body the chance to rest?

Comment

More like...
      Will the Heat aquire Jarret Jack?
      Would the Raptors be willing to part with JJ?
      Is it Mario chalmers and Cash worth JJ?

JJ is very important to the team right now and giving him up could disrupt much of the season.
      On the other hand since this is a rebuild on the go and maybe Mario will turn into an asset for the future

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...r_point_guard/

Also colangelo says he doesnt have high expectations for this season...
      BC:"Whether or not we make the playoffs is an unknown; again, there is no expectation. I would personally like to think that we are driving for that as a goal and I think that should be the goal each and every time we step on the floor."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar..._expectations/

could something be in the works???

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
        Is it Mario chalmers and Cash worth JJ?
        Hells to the no.

Jack is a solid NBA point guard but aside from that he is maybe the biggest glue guy and mentor for young players and the unofficial leader of this team in my opinion.

He's durable a great citizen and always gives his best.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
          DeMar - Yes and sadly no
          Because he can play the 2 or 3 I think it will be close either way. I know he wants to play in the game with the other rising young stars. Being at allstar weekend last your ONLY to dunk is something that really bothered him.

Comment

Davis - barring any moves, I see Davis taking a few minutes away from Johnson, Anderson and Evans, to the tune of 8-10mpg

Jack - I personally think Jack is overrated and is too selfish a player to be a true PG. Despite Calderon's poor shooting thus far and bad defense (though it has been better than last year so far), I think Calderon is a much better PG for this team, as he can more effectively get other players involved on offense. I think that Barbosa could easily become the 2nd PG if Jack is traded, as his game is very similar to Jack's. I would love to see Jack traded because I think Barbosa makes him redundant and expendable - not to mention he has far more value on the trade market than Calderon. I don't think $3M & Chalmers is enough to get in return, but possibly those players could be part of a bigger deal (ie: some of Evans/Banks expiring contracts, Miami's 1st rd pick, TPE) to net the Raps a decent player(s) in return for Jack and other stuff

Comment

LOL @ soft-more :P

Comment

At first take minutes from Reggie, Amir and Anderson. By Christmas/All-star have him starting playing 20 minutes a game and take Anderson out of the rotation.

I think the defense stopped him from penetrating all the way to the basket which he needs to get his offense off. Then he had some bad defensive plays. There are going to be nights where the defense we're up against is more suited to cover jack and Calderon can come on and have a big game. Also, when our aggressive defense is in full swing Jose is actually as good as JJ at playing passing lanes.

I could see it. Evans has lost a lot of weight and Kleiza is a pretty thick guy.

Will DeMar sustain a double digit point average and if he does will he make rookie soft-more game?
                Yes and yes. I think DD looks better than Harden and makes it.

His forms still good, just give it time it will come.
                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Put him right behind Amir in the rotation, so if Amir makes stupid fouls again or just runs up and down the floor with nothing to show for then Davis should be inserted to prehaps light a fire under Amir. Thus far Andersen proved a competent 10th man on the Raptor's roster and the amount they are paying him, he is worth every penny so he shouldn't be the one to see less time on the floor.

Jack is buying to the hype that he is the leader of the team, so as a leader he is trying to show off by putting the team on his back and taking it right to the hole. Unfortuntly Jack play has proven to be selfish and his attacks or jumpers were either blocked or missed the target. Jack has to remember he is the point guard of the team and that is his job first and for most.

Weight is not the issue, its the amount of muscle vs fat the body stores. Evans has more muscle mass then Kleiza due to genetics, diet and lifting weights alot more.

my answer yes and no.

Calderon injuries over the years have taken a toll on his body and skills to a point it affected his confidence and game.
                  Last edited by Hotshot; Sun Oct 31, 2010, 04:42 PM.

Comment

great answers!

Comment

Working...
                    X