Jack on Miami's Radar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack on Miami's Radar?

According to ESPN the Magazine's Ric Bucher, Miami Heat president Pat Riley will probably try to acquire a point guard once we get to Dec. 15 when most of the free agents from the summer are eligible to be traded. ESPN.com

From Bucher: "Two different team executives said they expect the Heat to dangle $3 million and second-year PG Mario Chalmers to a lottery-bound team looking to shed the long-term contract of a mid-priced spot-up shooting PG. Riley's objective is to find another shooter to space the floor, a la BJ Armstrong or John Paxson in their Chicago days playing alongside Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen." ESPN.com

Bucher lists Toronto's Jarrett Jack and Cleveland's Daniel Gibson as potential targets. ESPN.com

Source - ESPN Insider
    Last edited by Doc; Sun Oct 31, 2010, 11:14 AM. Reason: Didn't provide link to source.

What I know is that the Raptors probably aren't going to win anything with Jack, Chalmers or Gibson. Jack has probably peaked now... Personally I would rather seem them try and push Calderon on the Heat though. I think Gibson would fit well with what Colangelo and Jay are trying to run.

Comment

Keep Jack, send Calderon. If not, stay away from helping the Heat get any better.
      Toronto's Finest

Comment

Heat doesn't have any salaries that can match calderon's though. they're not gonna part with miller and/or haslem

Comment

There is no way this trade can be done without including a third team or including Miller, Anthony, or Haslem. Haslem gave up $20M to stay in MIA and not go to DEN so it would be a major slap in the face to him to ship him out.

The salaries being sent and taken on must be within 125% plus 100K. Cash is only an incentive as it does not count towards the salary figures being exchanged.

Looking at the salaries of MIA after Dec. 15, they are going to have a tough time pulling this off without a third team.

Also, I thought Gibson and LBJ were really tight. I would imagine he would be a higher probability than Jack for that reason alone but I can't see CLE doing much to help the HEAT.

With all that said, if anybody can get this done, it would obviously be Pat Riley.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            What I know is that the Raptors probably aren't going to win anything with Jack, Chalmers or Gibson. Jack has probably peaked now... Personally I would rather seem them try and push Calderon on the Heat though. I think Gibson would fit well with what Colangelo and Jay are trying to run.
            that would be great if they could take Calderon off our hands but i dont think either will happen. Jack is a solid Pg at a good price he wont be going to the HEAT. Thats another question too which teams actually wants to deal with the Heat ? especially in the east?
            "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Comment

Jack may be a "long term contract", but he's worth way more than expiring contract and underwhelming point guard Mario Chalmers. Unless the Heat have a third party involved, it makes no sense for us to gift them a PG and Bosh's best friend.

Comment

I dont care if we end up half-way from no where this season DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT give that team ANYTHING to help make them better come on $3 million and mario "bench rider" chalmers? thats like offering a pylon and a half-eaten sandwich for our leader dont even try.
                And why the hell would we want to help them anyway screw em they made they're own bed now they gotta live with having carlos arroyo as a starting pg have fun.

Comment

Haven't we got raped by Riley enough thus far?!

Comment

There's no way a trade involving Calderon would work and there would be absolutely no point in trading Jack to them. Jack's salary isn't a problem and Jack is probably worth more on the open market than Chalmers.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

Also, I thought Gibson and LBJ were really tight. I would imagine he would be a higher probability than Jack for that reason alone but I can't see CLE doing much to help the HEAT.
                      You mean CB doesn't get to have one of his buds on the team? Wade went to the mat for Haslem, James got Ilgauskas and some of his crew on the payroll. Is CB chopped liver?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                        You mean CB doesn't get to have one of his buds on the team? Wade went to the mat for Haslem, James got Ilgauskas and some of his crew on the payroll. Is CB chopped liver?
                        they should get him powell

Comment

Yeah, BC will send Jack to the Heat and his trademark sexy shirts to Riley. In exchange, BC will get Riley's secret hair products. Yummmmmmy!!!!
                          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

calderon would look like Stockton on the Heat

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                              On this team, yes he is. That is what he gets for signing up to be third banana.

Comment

Working...
                              X