Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jack on Miami's Radar?

Post Thanks / Like

This 'rumour' should get me more excited but it's not, probably because what Apollo said. This trade would do nothing for us either way.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

WTF? Are the Raps and Cavs turning into Miami's farm team or something? Jeesh....

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jamal Crawford's salary is wrong. I wouldn't want him anyway. I like the rest of it, though. If only...
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Rookie pistol pete's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"Riley objective is to find another shooter to space the floor". If it were so, Jack isn't such a good choice. If he really is after Jack, then maybe Bosh has something to do with it

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Why would we take Chalmers for Jack. If we ever even consider this trade, I will cry. Seriously, I will cry.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Jamal Crawford's salary is wrong. I wouldn't want him anyway. I like the rest of it, though. If only...
    hahaha i knew somebody would notice that. That was actually a different J. Crawford. But he's with the Hawks as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Chalmers for Jack makes no sense from our standpoint. It makes perfect sense for the Heat because they're gonna be missing Miller for quite some period and Jack is a perfect combo guard. But really, they're gonna have to come better than that..like multiple future 1st (although I don't know if they have any remaining after dealing with us for Bosh and Cleveland for Lebron). However, they'll be just fine with Lebron as the primary ball handler. He can create. If they're looking to stretch the floor, they should be looking at including Eddie House in the starting lineup.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    hahaha i knew somebody would notice that. That was actually a different J. Crawford. But he's with the Hawks as well.
    The J Crawford also doesnt look remotely like the more expensive Crawford...but why would the Hawks do this? They dont even get salary relief apart from getting to be 14 games worse (Hollinger rating) and losing Horford. Is Horford asking for too much...he is worth quite a bit imo...wonderful player and playing out of position as a C.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Chalmers for Jack makes no sense from our standpoint. It makes perfect sense for the Heat because they're gonna be missing Miller for quite some period and Jack is a perfect combo guard. But really, they're gonna have to come better than that..like multiple future 1st (although I don't know if they have any remaining after dealing with us for Bosh and Cleveland for Lebron). However, they'll be just fine with Lebron as the primary ball handler. He can create. If they're looking to stretch the floor, they should be looking at including Eddie House in the starting lineup.
    I get quite a laff out of this "woe is us...we dont have a decent pg...blah blah" coming from the Heat. THey nab 3 of the best in the NBA and are crying the blues?? Let the f%$^# makedo with what they have. "Stretch the floor"??? Let James and Wade shoot some 3s. They can shoot 3s cant they? Put Bosh at the arc...he has shot the 3 before.

Post Thanks / Like

i would rather they trade calderon. chalmers is young. he can fit in as another long term peice to go along with demar, davis weems and bargs.
    starting lineup of the future right there.
    Chalmers
    Derozan
    Weems (or the lottery pick we get this season)
    Davis
    Bargnani

Post Thanks / Like

You don't say....Hawks trade Horford and Crawford for Calderon and someone called Pittman.

Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a firm believer that both Jack and Calderon would look like fantastic players on a good team. On a bad team like ours you can't hide Calderon's bad defense or Jack's taking plays off and turnovers. On a great team, having to do far less these two will look awesome.

Let's not trade either of them to the Heat, that's my input.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Jack has proven he can be a leader and Chalmers seem to need a few more season to get there. I dont think this years roster can afford to loss leadership. Chalmers seems more like a shooting guard to me anyways.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Bosh has requested a trade back to Toronto, he will be a Raptor again by January.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

One thing for certain it should be really interesting around December 15 on all the NBA trade fronts. I just hope Riley doesn't get over on BC again....smh

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    One thing for certain it should be really interesting around December 15 on all the NBA trade fronts. I just hope Riley doesn't get over on BC again....smh
    smh

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Jack/Gibson to Miami! Ha!

In other news, Brian Colangelo has mused he could use an at-least-seven-time all-star shooting guard to, quote, "round out the rotation and provide some veteran leadership." An insider source threw out Kobe Bryant as a possibility, however the insider mentioned Colangelo refused to get into specifics.

Raptors Republic Starter charlz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CripwalkinK wrote: View Post
    Keep Jack, send Calderon. If not, stay away from helping the Heat get any better.
    Riles would never ever take a player like Calderon - must be able to defend well.

FYI chalmers is garbage.
    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlz wrote: View Post
    Riles would never ever take a player like Calderon - must be able to defend well.

FYI chalmers is garbage.
    Riley was in charge of the Heat when they wanted to sign Calderon, two years ago. The reason the Raptors offered Calderon what the did was because the Heat wanted him.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Thread Information