Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jack on Miami's Radar?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Jack on Miami's Radar?

According to ESPN the Magazine's Ric Bucher, Miami Heat president Pat Riley will probably try to acquire a point guard once we get to Dec. 15 when most of the free agents from the summer are eligible to be traded. ESPN.com

From Bucher: "Two different team executives said they expect the Heat to dangle $3 million and second-year PG Mario Chalmers to a lottery-bound team looking to shed the long-term contract of a mid-priced spot-up shooting PG. Riley's objective is to find another shooter to space the floor, a la BJ Armstrong or John Paxson in their Chicago days playing alongside Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen." ESPN.com

Bucher lists Toronto's Jarrett Jack and Cleveland's Daniel Gibson as potential targets. ESPN.com

Source - ESPN Insider
    Last edited by Dr. James Naismith; Sun Oct 31st, 2010 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Didn't provide link to source.

Post Thanks / Like

What I know is that the Raptors probably aren't going to win anything with Jack, Chalmers or Gibson. Jack has probably peaked now... Personally I would rather seem them try and push Calderon on the Heat though. I think Gibson would fit well with what Colangelo and Jay are trying to run.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep Jack, send Calderon. If not, stay away from helping the Heat get any better.
    Toronto's Finest

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Heat doesn't have any salaries that can match calderon's though. they're not gonna part with miller and/or haslem

Post Thanks / Like

There is no way this trade can be done without including a third team or including Miller, Anthony, or Haslem. Haslem gave up $20M to stay in MIA and not go to DEN so it would be a major slap in the face to him to ship him out.

The salaries being sent and taken on must be within 125% plus 100K. Cash is only an incentive as it does not count towards the salary figures being exchanged.

Looking at the salaries of MIA after Dec. 15, they are going to have a tough time pulling this off without a third team.

Also, I thought Gibson and LBJ were really tight. I would imagine he would be a higher probability than Jack for that reason alone but I can't see CLE doing much to help the HEAT.

With all that said, if anybody can get this done, it would obviously be Pat Riley.

Raptors Republic Starter rdiaz101's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    What I know is that the Raptors probably aren't going to win anything with Jack, Chalmers or Gibson. Jack has probably peaked now... Personally I would rather seem them try and push Calderon on the Heat though. I think Gibson would fit well with what Colangelo and Jay are trying to run.
    that would be great if they could take Calderon off our hands but i dont think either will happen. Jack is a solid Pg at a good price he wont be going to the HEAT. Thats another question too which teams actually wants to deal with the Heat ? especially in the east?
    "Hello, Hello !.....You Play to Win the GAME!!"

Herm Edwards

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Jack may be a "long term contract", but he's worth way more than expiring contract and underwhelming point guard Mario Chalmers. Unless the Heat have a third party involved, it makes no sense for us to gift them a PG and Bosh's best friend.

Raptors Republic Starter blaze89's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont care if we end up half-way from no where this season DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT give that team ANYTHING to help make them better come on $3 million and mario "bench rider" chalmers? thats like offering a pylon and a half-eaten sandwich for our leader dont even try.
    And why the hell would we want to help them anyway screw em they made they're own bed now they gotta live with having carlos arroyo as a starting pg have fun.

Raptors Republic Superstar Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't we got raped by Riley enough thus far?!

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

There's no way a trade involving Calderon would work and there would be absolutely no point in trading Jack to them. Jack's salary isn't a problem and Jack is probably worth more on the open market than Chalmers.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post

Also, I thought Gibson and LBJ were really tight. I would imagine he would be a higher probability than Jack for that reason alone but I can't see CLE doing much to help the HEAT.
    You mean CB doesn't get to have one of his buds on the team? Wade went to the mat for Haslem, James got Ilgauskas and some of his crew on the payroll. Is CB chopped liver?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    You mean CB doesn't get to have one of his buds on the team? Wade went to the mat for Haslem, James got Ilgauskas and some of his crew on the payroll. Is CB chopped liver?
    they should get him powell

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, BC will send Jack to the Heat and his trademark sexy shirts to Riley. In exchange, BC will get Riley's secret hair products. Yummmmmmy!!!!
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

calderon would look like Stockton on the Heat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    On this team, yes he is. That is what he gets for signing up to be third banana.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Giving away Jack is stupid move since he does have a reasonable contract for a back up PG and he is reliable backup PG !!
    I don't think Heat is interested in Jose so We should just move on

Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

At this point I wouldnt do it. But by the deadline alot could change I may have a differnt outlook. Another team would have to be involved cause only getting Mario and cash is just brutal. At this point Jack is the Raptors Nucleus, he is a possotive member to the team and is a great role model.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

This makes me go hmmmmm, but not much more. december might as well be next year as far as planning to make a deal. Who knows who will be healthy, lottery bound or whatever by dec 15 (which i assume is the magic date we're talking about). maybe we can use the TPE to trade jack and get bosh back...

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't trade jack!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

If BC has any brains, it won't happen. Gibson probably wants to go and ride Lebron's ass some more, but I doubt Dan Gilbert will allow the Heat to gain assets. He's probably going to have to look out west.

But seriously, who wants Chalmers?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information