Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Apollo Is Really Going to Hate This

Hybrid View

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Apollo Is Really Going to Hate This

Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Already been posted, where have you been???
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Post Thanks / Like

And which part am I hating? The discounted ticket or the free shirt?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    And which part am I hating? The discounted ticket or the free shirt?
    both
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I am confused with the look of the onez....why the sadness or the scowl? They are happy guys from what I have seen. Is mlse behind the site? Are they selling something thats dressed up?

Post Thanks / Like

It looks like they themselves(Sonny, Amir and DeMar) could be behind it. I'm not sure what's to gain by separating themselves from the team and suggesting that they're more "special" or "important" than anyone else though.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I just threw-up in my mouth - this whole thing is f%#&ing ridiculous

Raptors Republic Rookie noxleno's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand what they have to gain by marketing themselves in this fashion. It's one thing to have a nickname for a group of a few guys who happen to be good friends, but this places way too much emphasis on three players who are not even if the upper echelon of talent on their ball squad. I'll take the "International Flavor" strategy over this NWA drivel any day..."We are the heart and soul of T.O." ? What the hell? Have I been watching the wrong team? I love the unity there, and have high hopes for these guys, but this is getting out of hand in terms of a marketing angle.

Raptors Republic Rookie noxleno's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh Jesus, I just checked out the "Chants" section of the website and I regret having done so. "Awkward" is an understatement. I feel downright uncomfortable.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote noxleno wrote: View Post
    Oh Jesus, I just checked out the "Chants" section of the website and I regret having done so. "Awkward" is an understatement. I feel downright uncomfortable.
    Wow. Those are just.. wow. Who in the right mind....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote noxleno wrote: View Post
    I don't understand what they have to gain by marketing themselves in this fashion. It's one thing to have a nickname for a group of a few guys who happen to be good friends, but this places way too much emphasis on three players who are not even if the upper echelon of talent on their ball squad. I'll take the "International Flavor" strategy over this NWA drivel any day..."We are the heart and soul of T.O." ? What the hell? Have I been watching the wrong team? I love the unity there, and have high hopes for these guys, but this is getting out of hand in terms of a marketing angle.
    Why NWA?

Why not Public Enemy or Boogie Down Productions or Brand Nubian or Gang Starr or De La Soul or A Tribe Called Quest?

Why compare these basketball players to one of the most the most negative vile rap- not hip hop, groups to ever put words on records?smh Is that how you view them outside of basketball?

Folks who have a problem with this nick name subject- get a clue......Sherlocks...it's all fun & games...smh

Anywayz the name Young Onez is pure wackness. The Young Ridahz or The Young Guyz (still could use the YG'z) sounds alot better to me but whatever the case they are the Young Gunz to me and most folks out there who follow the Rap's.
    Last edited by SirChillyMost; Mon Nov 1st, 2010 at 02:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, what have those 3 done so far, nothing new of last season minus Amir pathetic 2 game performance so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Or they could actually do something to deserve a nickname, you know, to earn their "badge of honor".

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Making it to the NBA is doing something alot of us will never ever accomplish ie hoop dreams....smh

Sitting on the sidelines with no guidelines....smh

Post Thanks / Like

Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    Making it to the NBA is doing something alot of us will never ever accomplish ie hoop dreams....smh

Sitting on the sidelines with no guidelines....smh
    If that's the case we should start calling David Andersen "David Awesomesen". Bargnani, Kleiza and Calderon? "The Biggest Bestest Gunz". Oh and my favorite Jarret "You Don't Know" Jack. One more Solomon "Slammin' On Everybody" Alabi.

Jay "The best coach with no hair in the league" Triano.
    Last edited by Apollo; Mon Nov 1st, 2010 at 04:07 PM.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

haha. Young Guyz sound really stupid. And NWA is still cool.

Arse already covered this but i'll reiterate cause i agree. It's nice to have 3 young players amongst all the TO hating that want to stay here and call it their home. But it would also be nice if they were, yknow, good...
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, i was at the game on Friday. There was like 10 kids sitting in the "youngonez" section. totally looked like MLSE planted them there too. they were chanting "demmarrr demar demar demar", one of the tunes it promotes on the site. PATHETIC. They even looked embarassed to do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Man, i was at the game on Friday. There was like 10 kids sitting in the "youngonez" section. totally looked like MLSE planted them there too. they were chanting "demmarrr demar demar demar", one of the tunes it promotes on the site. PATHETIC. They even looked embarassed to do it.
    You should start a Barnanci cheer!
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    You should start a Barnanci cheer!
    Bargs is a real player, he doesn't need that kind of pandering.

Our only saving grace is that with the pathetic play of dero, weems, and johnson, one or all of them will be gone by next year, and subsequently, their site

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Bargs is a real player, he doesn't need that kind of pandering.

Our only saving grace is that with the pathetic play of dero, weems, and johnson, one or all of them will be gone by next year, and subsequently, their site
    You call out people saying they "hate the raptors, the city and everything to do with it" basically every time someone calls out Bargs for what they see as his faults, and then you call the play of 3 our players pathetic and you hope they're gone next season? Do you see the double standard you've just created for yourself?

Live by your own words at least my man, as ridiculous as they may be...
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information