Apollo Is Really Going to Hate This

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Man, i was at the game on Friday. There was like 10 kids sitting in the "youngonez" section. totally looked like MLSE planted them there too. they were chanting "demmarrr demar demar demar", one of the tunes it promotes on the site. PATHETIC. They even looked embarassed to do it.
    You should start a Barnanci cheer!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
      haha. Young Guyz sound really stupid. And NWA is still cool.

Arse already covered this but i'll reiterate cause i agree. It's nice to have 3 young players amongst all the TO hating that want to stay here and call it their home. But it would also be nice if they were, yknow, good...
      Young Guyz is corny but it's better than Young Onez imo and they could still use the YG'z as a signature....just a thought nothing more.

NWA cool? Only to a negative stereotype loving fool...smh

Eazy E's self confessed formula for song making (he didn't write Ice Cube, DOC, MC Ren & others wrote his rhymes for him) was to say the n word & b*tch as many times possible in said song not to mention all the satanic symbolism around him and in his music- when you speak about death you're talking to spirits. Eazy E is the one who made it popular to say the n word on records & that's cool...smh Life is not a video........smh Folks embrace the ignorance (NWA) over the intelligence (Public Enemy).....smh

As well it's good to see 3 young players embrace TO & the fans....

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
        You should start a Barnanci cheer!
        Bargs is a real player, he doesn't need that kind of pandering.

Our only saving grace is that with the pathetic play of dero, weems, and johnson, one or all of them will be gone by next year, and subsequently, their site

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
          Bogut has his own section for about 40 crazy fans in Milwaukee, what's wrong with them starting the same sort of thing here? At least they're trying to do something for the fans, unlike most of our past/present players.
          Cant compare. Bogut created and pays for his cheering section. As well its not about him particularly (as I understand it) but the team. This makes it more authentic and removes the clique creation sense. For more.....

http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.c...uts-incentive/

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
            Making it to the NBA is doing something alot of us will never ever accomplish ie hoop dreams....smh

Sitting on the sidelines with no guidelines....smh
            If that's the case we should start calling David Andersen "David Awesomesen". Bargnani, Kleiza and Calderon? "The Biggest Bestest Gunz". Oh and my favorite Jarret "You Don't Know" Jack. One more Solomon "Slammin' On Everybody" Alabi.

Jay "The best coach with no hair in the league" Triano.
            Last edited by Apollo; Mon Nov 1, 2010, 04:07 PM.

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
              Young Guyz is corny but it's better than Young Onez imo and they could still use the YG'z as a signature....just a thought nothing more.

NWA cool? Only to a negative stereotype loving fool...smh

Eazy E's self confessed formula for song making (he didn't write Ice Cube, DOC, MC Ren & others wrote his rhymes for him) was to say the n word & b*tch as many times possible in said song not to mention all the satanic symbolism around him and in his music- when you speak about death you're talking to spirits. Eazy E is the one who made it popular to say the n word on records & that's cool...smh Life is not a video........smh Folks embrace the ignorance (NWA) over the intelligence (Public Enemy).....smh

As well it's good to see 3 young players embrace TO & the fans....
              I love Public Enemy and NWA. And some of Eazy's solo albums were great. But i don't base my life on any of that stuff (well most of it). And there's nothing wrong some negative raps. Not all rappers are happy go lucky people like De La Soul.

And as for that Bogut section, they actually have try outs for those spots as well. I think they were doing something in DEEtroit too.
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I think it's just ridiculous.

in the past guys got good, and had results, and careers an then fans were created, then the fans created names, and clubs and all that.

NBA culture is so badly flawed it isn't funny. It's not just this, it's everything.

- guys complain about fans, and blame them for lack of success.
                - guys complain that they have to practice.
                - Guys complain about every call.
                - Now guys are given techs for acting like children, and so now they complain about that.
                - Guys talk about their brand in interviews before addressing and accepting critiques on their game.
                - Guys run away from reporters.
                - guys demand trades and then try to stack teams so they can get their place "in history" (laughable to think that they deserve mention with guys like Jordan)
                - Rookies demand the adoration and attention of their fan base before they even step on the court.

The list is long. And it's sad. It's why i will never quite respect the NBA like I respect the NHL. Sure there are a few idiots in the NHL, but the over all culture is massively different. You will NEVER hear an NHL guy blame fans for his teams performance, and it's rare that a young NHLer would start and promote his own fan club.... hell no!

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  And which part am I hating? The discounted ticket or the free shirt?
                  both
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                    I think it's just ridiculous.

in the past guys got good, and had results, and careers an then fans were created, then the fans created names, and clubs and all that.

NBA culture is so badly flawed it isn't funny. It's not just this, it's everything.

- guys complain about fans, and blame them for lack of success.
                    - guys complain that they have to practice.
                    - Guys complain about every call.
                    - Now guys are given techs for acting like children, and so now they complain about that.
                    - Guys talk about their brand in interviews before addressing and accepting critiques on their game.
                    - Guys run away from reporters.
                    - guys demand trades and then try to stack teams so they can get their place "in history" (laughable to think that they deserve mention with guys like Jordan)
                    - Rookies demand the adoration and attention of their fan base before they even step on the court.

The list is long. And it's sad. It's why i will never quite respect the NBA like I respect the NHL. Sure there are a few idiots in the NHL, but the over all culture is massively different. You will NEVER hear an NHL guy blame fans for his teams performance, and it's rare that a young NHLer would start and promote his own fan club.... hell no!
                    Whoa. I've been a diehard NBA fan for about 20 years now and it's not often we hear a player blame their fans on a loss. In fact...could u give me an example of when this happened? Im not trying to sound like a dick, im really curious.

And as far as running away from reporters...I don't know man. I think u actually get fined in the NBA if u skip post game interviews. Try watching a post game interview in the NHL that doesn't say "We gotta play all 3 periods" or "we didn't play like a team". Um, they're generally much more boring people than basketball players.
                    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Whoa. I've been a diehard NBA fan for about 20 years now and it's not often we hear a player blame their fans on a loss. In fact...could u give me an example of when this happened? Im not trying to sound like a dick, im really curious.

And as far as running away from reporters...I don't know man. I think u actually get fined in the NBA if u skip post game interviews. Try watching a post game interview in the NHL that doesn't say "We gotta play all 3 periods" or "we didn't play like a team". Um, they're generally much more boring people than basketball players.
                      Didn't Hedo blame the fans for part of his struggles?

Comment

noxleno wrote: View Post
                        Oh Jesus, I just checked out the "Chants" section of the website and I regret having done so. "Awkward" is an understatement. I feel downright uncomfortable.
                        Wow. Those are just.. wow. Who in the right mind....

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Didn't Hedo blame the fans for part of his struggles?
                          Hmmmmm...honestly don't remember that but I wouldn't be surprised. OK OK BESIDES Hedo.
                          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Those chants are terrible lol

Comment

Hmmmmm...honestly don't remember that but I wouldn't be surprised. OK OK BESIDES Hedo.
                              Bosh did too.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                                Bargs is a real player, he doesn't need that kind of pandering.

Our only saving grace is that with the pathetic play of dero, weems, and johnson, one or all of them will be gone by next year, and subsequently, their site
                                You call out people saying they "hate the raptors, the city and everything to do with it" basically every time someone calls out Bargs for what they see as his faults, and then you call the play of 3 our players pathetic and you hope they're gone next season? Do you see the double standard you've just created for yourself?

Live by your own words at least my man, as ridiculous as they may be...

Comment

Working...
                                X