Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Apollo Is Really Going to Hate This

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    Young Guyz is corny but it's better than Young Onez imo and they could still use the YG'z as a signature....just a thought nothing more.

NWA cool? Only to a negative stereotype loving fool...smh

Eazy E's self confessed formula for song making (he didn't write Ice Cube, DOC, MC Ren & others wrote his rhymes for him) was to say the n word & b*tch as many times possible in said song not to mention all the satanic symbolism around him and in his music- when you speak about death you're talking to spirits. Eazy E is the one who made it popular to say the n word on records & that's cool...smh Life is not a video........smh Folks embrace the ignorance (NWA) over the intelligence (Public Enemy).....smh

As well it's good to see 3 young players embrace TO & the fans....
    I love Public Enemy and NWA. And some of Eazy's solo albums were great. But i don't base my life on any of that stuff (well most of it). And there's nothing wrong some negative raps. Not all rappers are happy go lucky people like De La Soul.

And as for that Bogut section, they actually have try outs for those spots as well. I think they were doing something in DEEtroit too.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's just ridiculous.

in the past guys got good, and had results, and careers an then fans were created, then the fans created names, and clubs and all that.

NBA culture is so badly flawed it isn't funny. It's not just this, it's everything.

- guys complain about fans, and blame them for lack of success.
    - guys complain that they have to practice.
    - Guys complain about every call.
    - Now guys are given techs for acting like children, and so now they complain about that.
    - Guys talk about their brand in interviews before addressing and accepting critiques on their game.
    - Guys run away from reporters.
    - guys demand trades and then try to stack teams so they can get their place "in history" (laughable to think that they deserve mention with guys like Jordan)
    - Rookies demand the adoration and attention of their fan base before they even step on the court.

The list is long. And it's sad. It's why i will never quite respect the NBA like I respect the NHL. Sure there are a few idiots in the NHL, but the over all culture is massively different. You will NEVER hear an NHL guy blame fans for his teams performance, and it's rare that a young NHLer would start and promote his own fan club.... hell no!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    And which part am I hating? The discounted ticket or the free shirt?
    both
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    I think it's just ridiculous.

in the past guys got good, and had results, and careers an then fans were created, then the fans created names, and clubs and all that.

NBA culture is so badly flawed it isn't funny. It's not just this, it's everything.

- guys complain about fans, and blame them for lack of success.
    - guys complain that they have to practice.
    - Guys complain about every call.
    - Now guys are given techs for acting like children, and so now they complain about that.
    - Guys talk about their brand in interviews before addressing and accepting critiques on their game.
    - Guys run away from reporters.
    - guys demand trades and then try to stack teams so they can get their place "in history" (laughable to think that they deserve mention with guys like Jordan)
    - Rookies demand the adoration and attention of their fan base before they even step on the court.

The list is long. And it's sad. It's why i will never quite respect the NBA like I respect the NHL. Sure there are a few idiots in the NHL, but the over all culture is massively different. You will NEVER hear an NHL guy blame fans for his teams performance, and it's rare that a young NHLer would start and promote his own fan club.... hell no!
    Whoa. I've been a diehard NBA fan for about 20 years now and it's not often we hear a player blame their fans on a loss. In fact...could u give me an example of when this happened? Im not trying to sound like a dick, im really curious.

And as far as running away from reporters...I don't know man. I think u actually get fined in the NBA if u skip post game interviews. Try watching a post game interview in the NHL that doesn't say "We gotta play all 3 periods" or "we didn't play like a team". Um, they're generally much more boring people than basketball players.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    Whoa. I've been a diehard NBA fan for about 20 years now and it's not often we hear a player blame their fans on a loss. In fact...could u give me an example of when this happened? Im not trying to sound like a dick, im really curious.

And as far as running away from reporters...I don't know man. I think u actually get fined in the NBA if u skip post game interviews. Try watching a post game interview in the NHL that doesn't say "We gotta play all 3 periods" or "we didn't play like a team". Um, they're generally much more boring people than basketball players.
    Didn't Hedo blame the fans for part of his struggles?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote noxleno wrote: View Post
    Oh Jesus, I just checked out the "Chants" section of the website and I regret having done so. "Awkward" is an understatement. I feel downright uncomfortable.
    Wow. Those are just.. wow. Who in the right mind....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Didn't Hedo blame the fans for part of his struggles?
    Hmmmmm...honestly don't remember that but I wouldn't be surprised. OK OK BESIDES Hedo.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Those chants are terrible lol

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmmm...honestly don't remember that but I wouldn't be surprised. OK OK BESIDES Hedo.
    Bosh did too.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Bargs is a real player, he doesn't need that kind of pandering.

Our only saving grace is that with the pathetic play of dero, weems, and johnson, one or all of them will be gone by next year, and subsequently, their site
    You call out people saying they "hate the raptors, the city and everything to do with it" basically every time someone calls out Bargs for what they see as his faults, and then you call the play of 3 our players pathetic and you hope they're gone next season? Do you see the double standard you've just created for yourself?

Live by your own words at least my man, as ridiculous as they may be...
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I love Public Enemy and NWA. And some of Eazy's solo albums were great. But i don't base my life on any of that stuff (well most of it). And there's nothing wrong some negative raps. Not all rappers are happy go lucky people like De La Soul.

And as for that Bogut section, they actually have try outs for those spots as well. I think they were doing something in DEEtroit too.
    There's nothing wrong with "negative rap"- seriously? I'm all for telling about how it is in the inner city but to glorify ignorance is a completely different issue- positive over negative:

De La Soul is far from happy go lucky- check their catalogue, don't get stuck on the Daisy Age Hippy image as well most so called corportate sponsored gangsta rappers are faker than Rick Ross mixed with Plies...smh

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    Bosh did too.
    Bosh actually said something like "I'm playing bad cause the fans aren't very good."

Really? Out of all the Bash hating going around I never heard that one yet.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Bosh actually said something like "I'm playing bad cause the fans aren't very good."

I never heard no shit like that either- gotta link Craig?

Some folks like to make up shit to justify and/or rationalize their Bosh hate ie BC's Kool Aid- it takes more energy to hate than to regulate...smh

Post Thanks / Like

Never heard Bosh blame the fans for bad performances either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information