Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Republic Game Thread: Raptors 108 - Kings 111 (F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Republic Game Thread: Raptors 108 - Kings 111 (F)

*Click above for team stats*

Starters

(L to R) Jack, DeRozan, Kleiza, Evans, Bargnani

Bench

(L to R) Calderon, Andersen, Barbosa, Banks, Johnson, Weems, Wright

Team Injuries/Inactive List

(L to R) Alabi, Davis, Dorsey

*Click above for team stats*

Starters

(L to R) Udrih, Evans, Casspi, Landry, Cousins

Bench

(L to R) Garcia, Dalembert, Thompson, Head, Jackson, Greene

Team Injuries/Inactive List

(L to R) Wright, Whiteside, Jeter

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Bargnani: 21 ppg in last 2 gp / Evans: 15 rebpg in last 2 gp

Evans: 21 ppg in last 2 gp / Landry: 17.7 ppg in last 3 gp

KEY MATCH-UPS

DeMar DeRozan vs. Tyreke Evans

Reggie Evans vs. Carl Landry

GAME PREVIEWS

(click on image for preview *NOTE: only available on "Game Day")

(click on image for preview *NOTE: only available on "Game Day")

Prediction

Don't forget to vote for the winner at the top of every game thread.

Well, first game of our 4 game west coast trip. The young and talented Kings are going to be tough to beat. A front court of Cousins and Landry are going to cause fits for us especially on the glass. If there was a night where we needed Bargnani to step-up with boards, it will be tomorrow night.
    Toronto Raptors
    62.96%
    Sacramento Kings
    37.04%

If Cousins doesn't get into foul trouble early, we will be in huge trouble. The Kings have got pretty good big men! I can't believe you think we'll lose this game. It's the Kings.
    Also, I think Casspi is coming off the bench, not sure

Comment

This is a winnable game for Toronto, we have had a decent rest period and are healthy overall. If we can start off the game well I feel the team depth will help hold the lead and grind out the win. Lets hope Jose finds his shot this game, it will make him that much more effective getting guys easy buckets.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Also, it should be noted that the Kings started playing on the East Coast (started in MIN, then a back to back at NJ and CLE). The Raps played on Friday and left town. The Kings played Saturday night, meaning that the Raptors got to Sac town before the Kings and are lying in wait. This is the kind of stuff that we screamed at last year when it happened to the Raps.

Possible advantage to SAC due to the adrenalin rush of playing a home opener, but the Raps should be better rested and prepared. It'll be a close game but I certainly can't see the Raps new defence giving up 115.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
          Also, I think Casspi is coming off the bench, not sure
          Nope, he's started the last 2 games. I believe they've been disappointed with Greene and decide to go with Casspi instead of Donte for the moment.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
            Nope, he's started the last 2 games. I believe they've been disappointed with Greene and decide to go with Casspi instead of Donte for the moment.
            Well it's better for the Kings. Casspi is pretty good, Greene is just tall. In NBA 2K11 he is listed as a SF/SG. He's 6'11, if you trade for him in the game you just destroy everyone. Playing the Pistons and Ben Gordon gives you a very interesting match-up :P

Comment

I think if Bargs takes it to Cousins with 3-pointers and drives, we'll put him out of the game and take this one easy. If we can manage to win 4 of the next 8 games, I will be ecstatic. I think Charlotte, Golden State, Sacramento (tonight), and maybe Utah are doable.
              "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Bargs is gonna have a Hayday out there, i cant wait to see cousins or landry attempt to gaurd him. Cousins will get beat outside and landry will get wrecked downlow. Reggie should do a pretty good job with landry tonight too. Should be a good game.

Oh Yeh! Raptors Yeh! (in a Pauly D Voice)

Comment

If Rap's come out strong they might be able to steal this game on the road. If they allow open 3s, dribble penetration, offensive rebounds & lay ups it could be a long night.

Landry is Reggie with an offensive game....smh Jack should go right at Udrih all game long. Want to watch Cousins play.

King's froncourt depth is deep- they are bringing Dalembert off of the bench. I can see Evans just abusing TO's guards. Should be a fun game to watch:

Sac 120
                  TO 110

Comment

I think you guys are forgetting about Barbo, Weems and Calderon. These three guys should be the difference makers tonight. Im only worried about Evans. If he gets it going, might be a long game for the Raps.

I dont think theyll be able to guard Bargs on the outside, Kleiza on the low-block and the dribble penetration of Jack.

102 - 94 for the Raps.

Comment

Watch online?

Anyone have any links to watch tonight's game live? I guess Bell doesn't have Sportsnet1! I tried NBA League Pass, but that hasn't quite worked out.

Comment

jdot22 wrote: View Post
                        Anyone have any links to watch tonight's game live? I guess Bell doesn't have Sportsnet1! I tried NBA League Pass, but that hasn't quite worked out.
                        I get it on Bell on channel 418.
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Ahh ... did not even know that channel existed lol ... thanks so much .... appreciate the help ...

Comment

If you have HD its on 1409, I guess it's part of the SportsPack 2.

Raps might be able to steal this one, or it could be a long night like it was last season when they were in Sactown(113-90 for them).

They have a few players I like watching so it should be fun either way. I'm one-for-one going with the Raps so I'll make it an even 3 and take them again! Raps 103 - Kings 99

Comment

Here you go dude: http://atdhe.net/27192/watch-toronto...cramento-kings

Comment

Working...
                              X