Alabi Likely Off to D-League Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alabi Likely Off to D-League Soon

Good .... he needs to develop and the only way will be by playing. Not practicing and rotting on the end of our bench. I hope it happens sooner rather than later.

Speaking of the D League, I keep hearing that Solomon Alabi is going to spend at least a little bit of time there once its season gets going.
    Source - Click here

nice! I agree.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

he needs to gain a little strength and develop his footwork and the D-league is the way to go for him i agree, hes not going to get it playing once every month on our bench

Comment

No surprise
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

how is it a good thing for alabi to play with lesser competition

Comment

I hope he's slammin' on everybody down there.

Comment

He needs to earn minutes at the NBA level in a year where expectations are ridiculously low.

I think it would be a bad decision to send him down. Just get him some game experience to get his legs under him.

The NBADL sure did Thabeet a lot of good. Ha.
              It's about money

Comment

Alabi isn't a good player.

Probably never will be. Not really sure wy this is even news except that this is a raptor forum. I'm pulling for the guy, but really, he's pretty insignificant on the raps.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                  Alabi isn't a good player.

Probably never will be. Not really sure wy this is even news except that this is a raptor forum. I'm pulling for the guy, but really, he's pretty insignificant on the raps.
                  I'm thinking the same thing, why is this guy hyped so much in these threads, I mean come on! 50th pick people! this guy ain't the future.

Comment

kid in your avatar might be though!

Comment

The Raps organization knew when they drafted him that he was going to be a long term project. Sending him down to the NBADL would be a great opportunity to get some game experience. His footwork is terrible at this point and he needs to develop some sort of post game.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                        kid in your avatar might be though!

Damn right baby, I have a man crush on No.14.
                        Who needs a 1st pick when you have Mr.Clutch.
                        Calder material, you heard it from here.

Comment

Alabi is a good player. He was slotted to go around 20 but dropped to 50 because of the Hep B thing. He is an excellent rim protector already, is physically gifted and has a soft touch. He is also reportedly a very hard worker. I think the D-league would be good for now because we have no room in the rotation, but I'd like to see him as our back up some time in the next season or two.
                          "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                            That competition is better than most of what he faced in college, and it's not like he was a monster in the NCAA's. Why not send him down? At least he's playing actual games, not just practicing against the same guys everyday and sitting in a suit for the games.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                              How is it good for him to remain in the NBA and not play at all? It sounds pretty obvious why he should go to the D-League. Call me crazy, but playing in "lesser" competition beats practice and wearing a suit for the remainder of this season every time.

Comment

Working...
                              X