Same Old, Same Old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same Old, Same Old

Man, I went to bed comfortably last night thinking the Raps had the game in the bag, with a 16 point lead going into the 4th. I wake up this morning and almost kicked my computer, 111-108. Disgusting.

It seems this is the always pattern, lead, blowup, lose. I cant really pinpoint where the blame should be, but my hunch is the coaching team, coz if the opponent is making a run, shouldnt the coaches try to think of something to slow them down.

Let me officially apologize to Apollo, Sirchillymost, Tim W., ive opened my eyes and im facing reality. If we cant beat a cellar-dweller team like the Kings, then we've got it real bad.

12-70 here we come.

Honestly I gotta say, and I watched the whole 2nd half, we got beaten by a better team. Yes they did some unfortunate mistakes, i.e. Barney being Barney, but I thought overall the effort by most of our players was there.
    Don't underestimate the Kings, especially in their home court, Tyreke and Co. are going to suprise a lot of people this year.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
      Man, I went to bed comfortably last night thinking the Raps had the game in the bag, with a 16 point lead going into the 4th. I wake up this morning and almost kicked my computer, 111-108. Disgusting.

It seems this is the always pattern, lead, blowup, lose. I cant really pinpoint where the blame should be, but my hunch is the coaching team, coz if the opponent is making a run, shouldnt the coaches try to think of something to slow them down.

Let me officially apologize to Apollo, Sirchillymost, Tim W., ive opened my eyes and im facing reality. If we cant beat a cellar-dweller team like the Kings, then we've got it real bad.

12-70 here we come.
      lol lol Cmon dude you really thought they were going to hold that lead and win ?
      Have you not been paying attention the last 4-5 years ? One thing i KNOW about this team is they dont win games like last night EVER....when they get up 15-20 in the first half they always blow it second half ALWAYS...doesnt matter the team or circumstances...this nucleus still has the same culprits you been seeing involved in these losses for 5 years (Bargs and Calderon) and its not a coincidence but when this team got up 15 and had an 11 pt lead at half time...I gto up to get a drink and immediately said they'll give it away in the second half....They always do...I have learned awhile ago to never assume with this team..this coach and a certain groups of players we have from the past...the bad habits remain.....they will continue to be there until you get rid of the remaining remnants of this teams fails and the coach/GM.......

Last nights been happening for quite awhile,im indifferent to now....its a losing culture with this organization..its going to continue until you completely blow it out and rebuild.....

Comment

barg = rebound problems
        J.J = "Let me drive to the basket and shoot the ball...dam I been deny the driving lane...let me reset and try again" :/
        Last edited by KakashiPrince; Tue Nov 2, 2010, 12:12 PM.

Comment

KakashiPrince wrote: View Post
          barg = rebounds
          J.J = "Let me drive to the basket and shoot the ball...dam I been deny the driving lane...let me reset and try again" :/
          post fail

Comment

We lost because of Triano.

He played 1/2 a starter for the majority of the 3rd quarter, and that's when things started going downhill.

A cold Jack, an injured Barbosa, Weems, Amir, Andersen.

What did you think was going to happen?
            Joshua Priemski
            NBA blogger
            SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
            www.RufusOnFire.com/
            www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

12-70 here we come.
              Good coaching stops a run at a 10 point lead after having a 17 point advantage. The key to basketball games is get within 6 with 2 minutes left in the game to have a chance. A 10 point lead in the 4th quarter is not that much of a cushion.

Comment

12-70 here we come.
                No worries.lol I don't want the Rap's to lose games but I recognize the sub talent level on the roster contrary to what BC & Jay told us all summer (BC just recently came out and said basically the same smh) not to mention the other variables ie Jay, not using the Bosh TPE or getting a quality player (Beasley on a rookie contract) back from Mia for CB, selective player accountability and so forth.

Just watch the current handling of the pg situation and it is a symbol for the whole Franchise under BC- janky.

@ Introcollapse

What do you really expect from Jay (his befuddling player rotations, lack of in game recognition)?

He is MistaDoblina...smh

Comment

smushmush wrote: View Post
                  Good coaching stops a run at a 10 point lead after having a 17 point advantage. The key to basketball games is get within 6 with 2 minutes left in the game to have a chance. A 10 point lead in the 4th quarter is not that much of a cushion.
                  Agree with all except the last sentence....for good teams a 10 point lead in the 4th is money most of the time...they dont get rattled (turnovers), its half court time, playing the clock, its taking the ball hard inside and making your free throws. I certainly hope you meant inadequate cushion for the Raptors.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                    Agree with all except the last sentence....for good teams a 10 point lead in the 4th is money most of the time...they dont get rattled (turnovers), its half court time, playing the clock, its taking the ball hard inside and making your free throws. I certainly hope you meant inadequate cushion for the Raptors.
                    A 4-0 run gets opponents into a 6 point game - a 2 possession game, as long as it happens before the 2 minute mark of the 4th quarter, the opponent still has a chance to win a game. The summary is that any lead more than 10 points going into the 4th quarter is winnable as long as the team plays decent defense and consistent offense, leads 10 points or lower is all up in the air.

Comment

I had a bad feeling at the begining of the game that Casspi would do alot of damage and he sure did with some key 3 pointers during the second half.

The thing that really irritate's me is that every time Triano calls a time out for the last play of the game, it ends up being a total fail. Why is it a total fail?! because you don't have a star player that either commenced a double team that leaves other players more open or the star player that you give the ball to and he is talented enough to find himself in a good position where he can take a good enough shot/dunk to win the game.

Also Kleiza kinda pissed me off that during the game he was hoisting alot of 3's instead of attempting to take it in the inside like he did against Cleveland and the last play where a 3 pointer was needed he decided that now he can try to take it to the hole??!! which ended up being a big fail anyways.
                      Last edited by Hotshot; Tue Nov 2, 2010, 04:03 PM.

Comment

hahaha @trife. that is pretty much how the raps roll, lead, blow, lose. and yes, ive grown quite accustomed to it, but ive always had hope that sooner or later theyll break out of that slump, coz they pretty much have a new team this year. the problem is, they have the same coach/es. you know what they say, even with the best player, a team will not win unless that player is coachable, meaning you have to have a good coach controlling that player. ive grown tired man, to be honest. like my buddy always says, being a raptor fan is like a gf who gets disappointed and abused each and everytime but still sticks to her man! hahahaha. in short, pathetic.

Triano had control on everything. He saw the lead dwindling, he shouldve taken a timeout. He saw Jack playing erratic, he shouldve taken him out. He saw Kleiza throwing bricks, he shouldve taken him out. Problem is he didnt.

I think the only bad thing we've carried on from last season are BC and JT. We should get rid of them fast.

Comment

No finishers on this team since Turkoglu is gone. Need some players with courage.

Comment

Raffy15 wrote: View Post
                            No finishers on this team since Turkoglu is gone. Need some players with courage.

What did he ever really do for this team besides bitch and moan and underachieve???

Comment

Turkoglu was a finisher?

smh.

Comment

Working...
                              X