Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raptors Republic Game Thread: Raptors 108 - Jazz 125 (F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Republic Game Thread: Raptors 108 - Jazz 125 (F)

*Click above for team stats*

Starters

(L to R) Jack, DeRozan, Kleiza, Evans, Bargnani

Bench

(L to R) Calderon, Andersen, Barbosa, Banks, Johnson, Weems, Wright

Team Injuries/Inactive List

(L to R) Alabi, Davis, Dorsey

*Click above for team stats*

Starters

(L to R) Williams, Bell, Kirilenko, Millsap, Jefferson

Bench

(L to R) Miles, Hayward, Watson, Evans, Elson, Fesenko, Price

Team Injuries/Inactive List

(L to R) Okur

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Bargnani: 23.3 ppg in last 3 gp / Evans: 16.3 rebpg in last 3 gp

Millsap: 21.3 ppg in last 3 gp / Jefferon: 16.3 ppg, 42.1 FG% in last 3 gp

KEY MATCH-UPS

Jarrett Jack vs. Deron Williams

Andrea Bargnani vs. Al Jefferon

GAME PREVIEWS

(click on image for preview *NOTE: only available on "Game Day")

(click on image for preview *NOTE: only available on "Game Day")

Prediction

Don't forget to vote for the winner at the top of every game thread.

Tomorrow night isn't going to get easier for us unfortunately. A big and active front court of Jefferson, Millsap and Kirilenko is going to be an issue for us. Throw in one of the league's elite PG's and it's a recipe for disaster for Toronto. We'll be counting on Reggie once again to control the boards, but need others like Bargnani and Kleiza to do their part too. Not impossible, but one helluva a fight ahead of us.
    Toronto Raptors
    33.33%
    Utah Jazz
    66.67%

Raptors 105 Jazz 102 F

Comment

I don't think we have a shot at this one. The Jazz are going to want to win real bad after their slow start. Their defense is too much for our offense, and their offense is gonna be too much for our defense. I hope we challenge, but I think we'll lose by around 15 or more...

Comment

Tonight is going to be our first REAL competition, I doubt we will have any chance of winning if we don't fix the problems we encountered during the kings game. If Tyreke can break the D easily with a simple pick&roll/open court run, how can we stop D-Will at all....

Comment

I think this game will be a nice test for the raps, I watch the jazz the other night and al Jefferson looks amazing in this system. This game may even show the raps that they need to rely more on the system too

Comment

Drive and kick tonight to open perimeter shooters. Offensive rebounders need to identify open wing men and make pin point passes. When posting tonight, look to draw a double and make snappy passes to the perimeter. This could encourage quick ball reversals which will wind up in open shots for 3. Obviously these 3s need to be canned for us to have a chance. If the game goes to the wire, grow a pair and make good decisions and step into your springers with a positive attitude.

Comment

Utah..............Williams will abuse TO's guards and Sloan will out coach Jay.....smh

I just hope the fellas play hard & compete like in Sacramento.

Utah 110
              Toronto 101

Comment

I have a bad feeling the Raps are gonna get blown out in SLC.

DWill is gonna tear our guards a new one and Millsap is a beast. look for CJ to have a good night as well.

I think the key for the Dino's to have a chance is for them to really push the tempo all night, as imo Utah does not have the quicks and athleticism to keep up. We'll see.

Comment

I think the Raps also want to come out and prove something because they KNOW that they should've beat the Kings by at least 10. Our bench needs to come in and provide good minutes. I think our bench lost us that game in Sacramento. Other than Jose the bench was just terrible.
                  They also have to push the tempo while Al Jefferson is in the game to make him less of a factor. Bargnani also needs to utilize his quickness and range against him. And try to get maybe 5 or 6 boards tonight to show you aren't that terrible a rebounder.
                  Key match-up is Jack vs. D-Will for sure. Raptors can't really stop him. Just slow him down by double teaming him in the right places. And try to make him a jump shooter.

107 - 100 F Jazz > Raptors

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
                    I have a bad feeling the Raps are gonna get blown out in SLC.

DWill is gonna tear our guards a new one and Millsap is a beast. look for CJ to have a good night as well.

I think the key for the Dino's to have a chance is for them to really push the tempo all night, as imo Utah does not have the quicks and athleticism to keep up. We'll see.
                    Utah has been playing uptempo ball the last couple seasons, their defense has fallen off. Al Jefferson AND Paul Millsap? Oh poor Bargnani. Hopefully Super Reggie can fight 'em both off. Deron is gonna have a field day though, maybe Sonny will get some extra burn trying to stop him...

I'm takin Utah but I wouldnt put money on it...

Comment

Best feed I could find:

http://www.western-sports.info/basketball/index.html

----------------------

Raptors are getting whipped
                      Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Wed Nov 3, 2010, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Why wouldnt you put money on Utah in there building against this bum ass raptor squad ?
                        Thats easy money...easiest bet this season if you do actually wager is betting against the raps on the spread....easiest win..

Esp when they go into like Golden State,Washington,Houston...cuz those teams record wise wont be great so youll get decent spreads and like ur seeing tonight against Utah..Raps are going to get slaughtered bad in those games against teams that push the tempo and shoot.....

Comment

Time for a epic comeback

edit: 11 point game. Raptors making a comeback
                          Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Wed Nov 3, 2010, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Wow, WTF. Insane 3 by Miles.

Raptors down 7 going into 4th.

Comment

This game is over. Weems is off and bench players is shit and no one can defend Miles.

Comment

Working...
                              X