Triano's F Bomb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triano's F Bomb

Yeah, I guess this deserves its own thread.

Triano sums up the play of the Raptors with one awesome sentence.

http://www.twitvid.com/V7TMD

Wait for it. It's worth it.
    Joshua Priemski
    NBA blogger
    SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
    www.RufusOnFire.com/
    www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

HAHAHAHA. I watched the vid in another thread. Fucking priceless!

Comment

Yes.

What the f*ck are we going to do?

You tell em', Triano.

Comment

LOL! Priceless.

Comment

Triano failed to get the team ready for this game.

After blowing the game vs the Kings they came out in the first quarter playing like they were sleep walking.

If there are no rebounds for Evans he is useless. His defense was. Geez he didn't play any defense in the first quarter.

How many times is Jefferson going to run the same post up move vs Bargnani before Bargnani wakes up and figures out how to defend it?

The starters played better in the 3rd quarter but it was clear that as the quarter ran down and into the fourth quarter that they ran out of gas.

Dorsey looked pretty good despite his fouls.

Bargnani overall had a nice game along with DeRozan. Barbosa also played pretty good. Everyone else except for Dorsey looked like they wanted to go back to their hotel room and watch a movie.

What the f**k are you going to do?

Get your team prepared that is what.

Maybe even change the starting lineup.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Finally, we got the right coach mentality, now if that can only translate it to the players....

Comment

Somewhere in a dark corner, PJ Carlesimo is grinning with his evil smile and rubbing his hands together as he ponders the length of time it will take for him to be promoted as a head coach for one last chance at glory

and reviving his dead head coaching career from the grave

(make no mistake about the reason PJ signed with the Raptors as an assistent head coach).

Comment

As critical as I am of Bargs and Triano, I really felt that the Raps had a chance in Sacramento and Utah. Last night, the Jazz lead went down to as much as 1 point (81-80). It's the 4th quarter meltdown that I attribute more to Jay though. Based on the team's recent performance, it's Jay who's going to get the boot. The reality is that his coaching attributes are suited for younger players. However, when it comes to crunch time, the coddling has to stop. I'm detecting a pattern - decent in the first 3 quarters, down on the fourth. What bothers me the most is the defensive meltdown near the end. If the team cannot find ways to score, they should at least try to hold their opponents down until they get their offensive flow back. I guess in a way, this is to be expected (without a true leader on this team). If things fall apart, Jay will be the first to go because it's harder to trade 12 players.

Too bad that Jay can only drop F-bombs during media scrums and not during the times when it really matters.
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  Somewhere in a dark corner, PJ Carlesimo is grinning with his evil smile and rubbing his hands together as he ponders the length of time it will take for him to be promoted as a head coach for one last chance at glory

and reviving his dead head coaching career from the grave

(make no mistake about the reason PJ signed with the Raptors as an assistent head coach).
                  That is funny.

I don't even think PJ is the answer, he's just more of the same, our players will tune him out too just as the Blazers did. I want Jerry Sloan's assistant, Phil Johnson, here. That guy has to know some stuff working with Sloan all those years. Pair him with a hard-ass assistant and maybe you got something. Maybe.

Comment

much like how "ball!" was the catchphrase last season, this season, it's gonna be "what the fuck are you gonna do?"

Comment

"decent in the first 3 qtrs...."...dont know how u can say that when the Jazz dropped 41 pts. in the 1st? I agree the 4th has been a consistent problem...is it conditioning, the second unit, no goto guy or all?

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                        That is funny.

I don't even think PJ is the answer, he's just more of the same, our players will tune him out too just as the Blazers did. I want Jerry Sloan's assistant, Phil Johnson, here. That guy has to know some stuff working with Sloan all those years. Pair him with a hard-ass assistant and maybe you got something. Maybe.
                        I read that Johnson is tied to the hip with Sloan. He either takes over from JS if for some reason he leaves or goes off into the sunset with him. He would be a good choice but would he get the autonomy here that he sees Sloan gets in Utah?

Comment

Full interview (Raptors.com censored the F bomb though )

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                            I read that Johnson is tied to the hip with Sloan. He either takes over from JS if for some reason he leaves or goes off into the sunset with him. He would be a good choice but would he get the autonomy here that he sees Sloan gets in Utah?
                            He would have to, otherwise he would not leave. He's been around long enough to know that without control of the team, a head coach has no power to change anything.

Comment

I really don't think we can blame this entire loss on Triano. I know I'm in the minority but I actually want Triano to finish his contract and then be evaluated. For what we have I actually think we're not playing TOO bad. I hate the knee jerk reaction that so many fans and GM's have to fire a coach when their team starts sucking. It's like parents that blame their kid's teachers on their bad marks when their kid is actually a schitzo retard. Stability can go a long way with a team, especially when players get accustomed to systems and teammates.

Of course this doesn't play for every example, but the amount of coaching changes in the NBA is pretty baffling to me.

And don't forgot why PJ got fired. His Thunder was stinking it up major and then had a huge turnaround once he was replaced.
                              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Working...
                              X