Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evans Aims For Career Personal Bests Vs Lakers - Can He Keep It Up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evans Aims For Career Personal Bests Vs Lakers - Can He Keep It Up?

Evans is 30 years old and in his ninth season in the NBA

In the first four games this season Evans has racked up 127 total minutes. That is the second most minutes he has ever played in a four game span in his NBA career. His personal best in minutes over a four game span during his career is 128 minutes which he achieved in the 05-06 season.

If he can play 35 minutes on Friday he will have racked up 129 minutes in games 2 - 5 or a personal best in minutes over a four game span in his career.

If he can play 25 minutes on Friday he will have racked up 152 minutes over the first five games which will be a career high for minutes over any five game span

If he can play 30 plus minutes on Friday he will have played in 30 plus minutes for three consecutive games which will tie his personal best which he has done three times in his career, once each in 04-05, 05-06 and 08-09.

If he can play 30 plus minutes on both Friday and Saturday he will for the first time in is NBA career have played in 30 plus minutes in four consecutive games.

His personal career best mpg for the whole of November is 27 which he accomplished in Nov 2007. He has played 20 or more mpg for the entire month of November twice in his career, in 04-05 and 07-08. Right now he is averaging 33.5 mpg for November, which is way better than anything he has accomplished before in his career.

My question is.

Can he keep this up until Davis can play and still be effective?

Last night we already began to see his legs get heavier.

Instead of coming out aggressive defensively at the beginning of the game he was spending most of his time in the paint. Even his leaping ability was not as good as it was in the first three games and his rebounding suffered accordingly.

I think that Triano intends to play Evans as many minutes as he can for as long as he can until Davis can play. It will take Davis a handful or so games to get up to speed and then I think he will start with Evans backing him up.

Rotation when Davis is ready to start.

Davis
    Bargnani
    Kleiza
    DeRozan
    Jack

Evans
    Anderson
    Barbosa
    Weems
    Calderon

http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../gamelog/2011/

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/...&type=Fielding
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

I think at some point they need to pull Reggie's minutes back a little. His style of play requires 100% hustle always and lots of contact.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      I think at some point they need to pull Reggie's minutes back a little. His style of play requires 100% hustle always and lots of contact.
      I agree, but will Triano do so or will he play him the heavy minutes until Davis can play?

What they might need to do and what Triano will in fact do may not be the same.

Some riders ride a horse until it drops and then replace it with another.

I think that the only way that Triano will cut Evans minutes back before Davis is ready to start is if Evans starts getting into foul trouble. However, if Evans takes to standing around mostly because his legs just don't have the juice in them anymore then I think Triano may leave him in for 30 or more mpg as long as Evans doesn't get into foul trouble in a game.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

They could ride this until the wheels fall off, who knows?

Comment

They ride Reggie until Ed Davis comes back or Amir remembers how to play basketball, whichever comes first. (pssst, I think it's the former)

Comment

Sad considering we signed Johnson and the coaches are discussing what to do when Evans' leg run out of juice. What's wrong with Amir? This is suppose to be his time to shine!!!

Here's an experiment: limit Evans' minutes with the Lakers and play Amir more until he fouls out in 20 minutes.
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
              Sad considering we signed Johnson and the coaches are discussing what to do when Evans' leg run out of juice. What's wrong with Amir? This is suppose to be his time to shine!!!

Here's an experiment: limit Evans' minutes with the Lakers and play Amir more until he fouls out in 20 minutes.
              Sadly I don't think Amir would last 10 minutes, not against a smart defense like the Lakers.

Comment

More Reggie plays, more I'm reluctant to trade him. I was so sure that we were going to ship him before the dead-line but his hustle and energy is so contagious, I just want more of it. But I think Reggie will soon get tired, and luckily for us Ed Davis will be back soon (hopefully).
                But when Ed does come back, I think Reggie will still play 20+ minutes at least. Maybe he'll even start with Ed playing big minutes off the bench to bring energy and defense.
                I really can't wait to see Ed play though.

Comment

Considering how the road trip has gone so far why not start Amir against the Lakers and see how it goes. He was expecting to start this season and a light might go on re his fouling...put more pressure on him not to. Besides at least he can be more of an offensive threat than Reggie which was exposed last night when the Jazz did not allow him to rebound and with no off. output became a non factor. Worth a try I think.

Comment

Im going to stay up late and watch the game tonight, i dont want to miss the game incase Kobe drops 81 again. or maybe beat his record this time and make it 82.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                      Sadly I don't think Amir would last 10 minutes, not against a smart defense like the Lakers.
                      and if we are lucky he will put some important points too - for sure some more than Reggie (go Reggie we believe in your game!)
                      Let's go Raptors!

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                        Im going to stay up late and watch the game tonight, i dont want to miss the game incase Kobe drops 81 again. or maybe beat his record this time and make it 82.
                        The game is tomorrow

Comment

I think teams will game plan moreso for Reggie now ala Utah (priority to boxing him out) and/or pull him out to defend pick 'n rolls so he's out from under the hoop when the shot goes up so his rebounding numbers may go down but that means other players have to go get those boards as well.

Reggie's career best is 9.3 but I see Davis as the starting PF once healthy so Reggie may be limited in his minutes if not traded before Davis returns plus Amir needs some playing time as BC just paid him- BC seemingly plays contracts over talent via his puppet coach Jay.

Comment

Evans will have his hands full all night and I doubt he will do any good against the Lakers.

Comment

Raps should give Reggie a night off tonight and play Amir and Alabi.
                              Same for Barbosa. Let him rest.

Comment

Working...
                              X