Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nate Robinson requests trade - any interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nate Robinson requests trade - any interest?

Link

The New York Knicks say the agent for Nate Robinson has asked the team to trade the recently benched guard.

A team spokesman says the request was made Saturday and that team president Donnie Walsh will have discussions with Robinson's agent, Aaron Goodwin.

Robinson, a productive backup last season, hasn't played in the last eight games. Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni insists the benching isn't personal, only that he wants to use the players who give the team the best chance to win and that Robinson currently isn't one of them.

D'Antoni grew angry with a series of questions about Robinson's place in the rotation before the Knicks' 95-91 victory over the Los Angeles Clippers on Friday night.

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    Hopefully ZERO interest from us.
    http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

No thank you. I don't want him on our team. He is in line to be the future cancer of the decade
      Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

Not exactly the "rent-a-player" the Raptors need.
        The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

That same agent was saying 2-3 weeks ago that Nate Robinson would use his no trade clause to veto a trade away from NY ... agents, bloody nuisances ...

No interest in Nate Robinson. I'd like the Raptors to stay away from point guards + small guards while they have Calderon + Jack on the roster.

No interest in those type of players unless it's a substantial upgrade over Jose at the starting point (top 10 PG).
          nbaroundtable

Comment

Personality issues far outweigh any pluses as a player. We did not move on AI, why NR?

Comment

I'd make a Banks-Nate deal...why not, he's only got this year left, although NY probably wouldn't because Banks is on the hook for 4.7 next year. After all Nate did average 17 last year. Does he play D? I can't remember??

Comment

Nate would fit the offense but defensively? Nate is not the kind of player they need to be looking at. They need stoppers. No thank you.

Comment

I don't like players who's ego is bigger than them. Nate fits that bill.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                    I don't like players who's ego is bigger than them. Nate fits that bill.
                    Another excellent point. The Raptors need players who will love the team more than themselves. The Raptors need team first players but Nate is all about Nate first, then the team.

Comment

And let's remember the fact that he's "asking" to be traded is because he's not getting the minutes he WANTS and he's in a CONTRACT YEAR.
                      RR OG

Comment

Working...
                      X