Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pick One - Who Gets Canned or Traded First this Season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is not much to think about here, if the Raptors continue their losing ways it will be very difficult for MLSE to extend BC. My guess is COlangelo gets canned first.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
      I think Trife76 and sleepz and Tim W will be fired...and then JT
      I'm pretty sure you don't want Triano fired. Another coach might bench Bargnani unless he improved his rebounding and defense.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Bargani is the most tradable assets we have and he may play himself right out of Toronto and if Ed Davis comes off injury and shows potential I wouldn't hesitate to go out and get a defensive point guard or another first round draft pick. Sure barg's is a "potential" all-star but defense wins championships which is something barg's can't give you. All that being said I don't think BC would have the balls to do it given the fact he is in a contract year and Toronto fans are very critical of every action he takes.

Comment

I was with you right until you said Colangelo was afraid for his job. I doubt it. Who would they replace him with? The current MLSE trend is to hire people who have succeeded in the past. That narrows the number of people who can replace him. People would crucify them if they got some assistant GM to replace him. Unless the logo wants to come out of retirement or someone of that ilk the list of replacements is thin. I like the idea of trading Bargs though. He should be spiking in value in a couple of weeks. We'd never trade him because of all the "potential" but someone has to go and right now neither of our pgs are worth anything.

Oh and Triano is done...PJ was brought here for a reason.

Comment

Jay is MLSE for life if not coaching (head, assistant) he will just move into an office and work behind the scenes- too much nepotism here. BC looks to have embedded himself w/ MLSE as well.....smh

I think that one or all of Evans, Jack or Calderon may be gone before Jay is ever fired.

Btw- PJ aka Yosemeti Sam sucks word to Sprewell:

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
              Right I mean it's not like Jack isn't getting raped by opposing PGs too.

The way I see it we have too much invested in both Jack and Jose. But you can't ship both of them out together unless it's a multi-way deal. And if you do that, the PG coming back doesn't know any of the plays and there will be more agony.

Jose and Jack will stay until next season when the new CBA's wrinkles are understood.
              i'm not saying jack is the reincarnation of gary payton or anything, but he's less of a liability defensively than calderon

i'm not even trying to hate on jose... i dig him as a player.. i actually enjoy watching him play more than jack... on the offensive end... but thats not the end the raps are losing games at.

anytime i've watched a game and said "oh, this dude is going to blow by calderon"... they do. every single time.

Comment

I don't think we'll make any changes. You make changes when things aren't going as well as you hoped, or below expectations. This team is performing as well as it possibly can, with the talent that is there.

The only way Evans or Banks go anywhere is at the trade deadline, and the only way Calderon goes anywhere is if he starts playing like he deserves starter-level money.

The only way Triano gets fired is if we significantly worse than we're supposed to be. Kind of like when Lawrence Frank was fired when the Nets had like 5 wins after 40 games. I think we're a bad team, but not THAT bad. If we've got 5 wins after 40 games, then Triano will be fired. On the other hand if we have 10-15 wins after 40, I think Triano will be kept.
                Last edited by ebrian; Fri Nov 5, 2010, 09:52 AM.
                your pal,
                ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                  I don't think we'll make any changes. You make changes when things aren't going as well as you hoped, or below expectations. This team is performing as well as it possibly can, with the talent that is there.

The only way Evans or Banks go anywhere is at the trade deadline, and the only way Calderon goes anywhere is if he starts playing like he deserves starter-level money.

The only way Triano gets fired is if we significantly worse than we're supposed to be. Kind of like when Lawrence Frank was fired when the Nets had like 5 wins after 40 games. I think we're a bad team, but not THAT bad. If we've got 5 wins after 40 games, then Triano will be fired. On the other hand if we have 10-15 wins after 40, I think Triano will be kept.
                  Frank got fired at 0-16 last season so he wouldn't go down in the NBA records books w/ most consecutive losses to begin a season.

Triano is a MLSE company guy so if he's not coaching he will still be involved with the Rap's in some capacity as long as he wants to be in my mind.

Btw- yes, this team is potentially as bad as last seasons Nets who ironically look better than TO this season- on paper.

Comment

triano can't be fired because him dropping the f-bomb in the words of brett favre "it's awesome"
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

The Raptors haven't lost one game due to poor coaching this season. Firing Triano would be pointless.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                        The Raptors haven't lost one game due to poor coaching this season. Firing Triano would be pointless.
                        Poor coaching decisions have definitely contributed to losses...esp last year...

Comment

Carlesimo is NOT the answer. Players hate his guts. All players. There's a reason Seattle ditched him. There's a reason that once Scott Brooks took over the Sonics (Thunder) began to spread their wings. There's a reason he hadn't found ANY coaching job at all until this season.
                          Joshua Priemski
                          NBA blogger
                          SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
                          www.RufusOnFire.com/
                          www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

You guys are out of your minds. Triano isn't going anywhere. The expectations of the Raptors coming into the season were ultra low so even if the Raptors only get 20 win he's not going to be fired.

Comment

Trife76 wrote: View Post
                              Poor coaching decisions have definitely contributed to losses...esp last year...
                              His rotations have been questionable at times. That's about it. But it's impossible to make completely fair and unbiased coaching decisions when you have so many outside forces breathing down your neck.

Comment

I love Evans Dr. Jekyll as of late. What team would not want this effort off the bench? Evans value is the best you could expect right now. Once Ed Davis is healthy see how he fit's with the Starters.

Jack, DeRozen, Kleiza, Davis, Andrea (Jack Starts, Jose closes)

We aren't going to win much anyway this year. So lets throw the Eddy in the Fire like DeRozen last year. Give him starters minutes & experience to develop him for next season. I'd like to see what we could get out of Ed. Showed some promise in Summer League. He needs to bulk up. I'm sure he will these next couple years.

So trade Evans, (SORRY REGGIE!) get what you can, draft pick/cash, and give more time to Ed & Amir.

Comment

Working...
                                X