"rumbles of curiosity" from Raps in Arenas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

brakeman1 wrote: View Post
    Barfs is the best player in the league. thats why we are where we are. He was the best player then and is still the best now, by the way when did Chris Bosh's ex girlfriends get accounts. Nice avatar.
    i never said he was the best. he isnt even my favourite player on the team. but the constant finger pointing at bargs is like pointing at a fat chicks feet and telling her all she needs is a pedicure and she'll be hot.

bargs isnt enough of a problem to take over a thread about arenas.

Comment

I ask myself why Colangelo has the job that you were clearly born for!

Comment

Arenas would be a GREAT fit!

He's already got a gun & attitude. He could improve our Run'N'Gun..... OR be a Door Bouncer and stop those reports from asking stupid questions to Jay T. Jay wouldn't have to Drop F Bomb's like it Hot. Arenas could bust a cap in their ass.

Oh... I think you mean as a teammate.... I'd rather get Adam he would be less destructive to our team chemistry. Adam to his friends, Mr. Bomb to the rest.

Comment

heinz57 how did you get that picture of Bosh? Was it taken right after he finished paying homage to 2 NEW best friends Wade & LeBron? Why is Milk in the title? sket sket sket.... I understand now Bosh... all that for a shot at the Championship... ewwwww...

Comment

All of the above that you have listed describes a franchise player not to mension a number one pick. Why don't you list what one is? How do you overblow a sevenfooter averageing under 6 rpg's a game. He could have taken Gay or Roy since we needed a wing.
            Instead he got a poor version of Dirk. Notice how those comparisons have all but dried up. Will never be selected ot an alstar or Nba All team ever. I expect a little more from a number one pick
            Sure, I could list examples of franchise players for you - a franchise player is a guy that if an organization lost, it would take them years to get back to where they were. The organization would be devestated - or to a lesser degree would be significantly worse by their departure. I'm talking about guys like Lebron, Wade, Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Kobe Bryant - those guys are franchise players. Andrea Bargnani isn't. He's a very good player, but not a franchise player - and isn't paid like one either.

Right, so we should have taken Gay or Roy - that's why a lot of other teams both passed on both of those guys - and neither of them are franchise guys either. They're both very good in their own right however. You take the guy with the most potential, especially in a crapshoot draft like that. There was never a clear-cut #1 guy. You saying that we should have take Gay or Roy because we needed a wing is not very good logic in a draft like that. You always take the best player available, not taking someone based on need.

I do believe your comments of "he'll never be selected to an all star team" is a bit premature. He does have the tools to be an all-star, especially in the East.

Comment

I do not want Arenas here. I think he should go to New Jersey and play with Devin Harris. They would be a very good back court and would likely make the playoffs with him there.
              "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

yes please.. if there is a basketball god please take jose+bank for arenas
                or anyone, with the exception of davis,dd or bargs

any one down for getting Baron Davis???
                if they take jose I say do it.

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                  I do not want Arenas here. I think he should go to New Jersey and play with Devin Harris. They would be a very good back court and would likely make the playoffs with him there.
                  Arenas would give Avery and Sam fits with his lack of defense. They're better off without him and I think they're saving their chips for later on in the season to make a run at Carmelo.

Comment

peanutplaza wrote: View Post

Why do people want Arenas here? That contract of his would cripple us for the next few years. After this season, he has 3 years and over 60 million remaining.

I would guarantee that the Clips would take the Calderon deal, run and hide somewhere and giggle. AT this point, you're just buying into the name, not at the level of play. That deal after this season, still has 2 years and 29 million left of it..for a guy who hasn't really had a good season in about 3 years.

Comment

please please please make this happen

This dude is PURE! basketball. he would make us into a playoff team instantly. every one on this team would look better including the coach.

Comment

Zigus wrote: View Post
                        This dude is PURE! basketball. he would make us into a playoff team instantly. every one on this team would look better including the coach.
                        I don't think so. Gilbert is way passed his prime. He has $60M left on his contract, he demands the ball and he will just hurt our chemistry and growth. If he decides to change, he is capable of being great but I don't think we need to risk him turning out how he most likely will, a guy who brings the ball up and shoots, causes off and on court trouble and takes up cap-space. Unless we get to unload Calderon and get ALL of their picks then I won't even consider a trade for Arenas.

Comment

peanutplaza wrote: View Post

You think BOTH Arenas and Baron Davis would be a good idea? Can I ask you a question? Are you enjoying 2005? Also, if you have any bank stock, or really any stock other than Apple, it would be a good idea to sell.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                            You think BOTH Arenas and Baron Davis would be a good idea? Can I ask you a question? Are you enjoying 2005? Also, if you have any bank stock, or really any stock other than Apple, it would be a good idea to sell.
                            LOL I didn't see that post. LMFAO Baron Davis. I don't think Bargnani has ever seen Davis play proper basketball on the court...

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                              Sure, I could list examples of franchise players for you - a franchise player is a guy that if an organization lost, it would take them years to get back to where they were. The organization would be devestated - or to a lesser degree would be significantly worse by their departure. I'm talking about guys like Lebron, Wade, Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Kobe Bryant - those guys are franchise players. Andrea Bargnani isn't. He's a very good player, but not a franchise player - and isn't paid like one either.

Right, so we should have taken Gay or Roy - that's why a lot of other teams both passed on both of those guys - and neither of them are franchise guys either. They're both very good in their own right however. You take the guy with the most potential, especially in a crapshoot draft like that. There was never a clear-cut #1 guy. You saying that we should have take Gay or Roy because we needed a wing is not very good logic in a draft like that. You always take the best player available, not taking someone based on need.

I do believe your comments of "he'll never be selected to an all star team" is a bit premature. He does have the tools to be an all-star, especially in the East.
                              We didn't need another front court player we had Bosh. In my opinion in a weak draft I would have drafted a known commodity in Gay and hoped my scouting staff had picked up on Roy. I would not have drafted an unknown player on potential. Just because other G.M's missed those two doesn't mean its ok for ours to. Its too dangerous and irresponsible for a franchise to do with a number one pick. Trade it and get a couple of other pieces that make your team better because in my opinion the franchise has regressed since colangelo took over and has not demanded accountability form his #1 pick. His potential card in my opinion ran out in year 4. You don't break out in year 5 what we see now is what were always going to get. Anyways heinz57 in right about hijacking the thread.

Comment

We didn't need another front court player we had Bosh. In my opinion in a weak draft I would have drafted a known commodity in Gay and hoped my scouting staff had picked up on Roy. I would not have drafted an unknown player on potential. Just because other G.M's missed those two doesn't mean its ok for ours to. Its too dangerous and irresponsible for a franchise to do with a number one pick. Trade it and get a couple of other pieces that make your team better because in my opinion the franchise has regressed since colangelo took over and has not demanded accountability form his #1 pick. His potential card in my opinion ran out in year 4. You don't break out in year 5 what we see now is what were always going to get. Anyways heinz57 in right about hijacking the thread.
                                We didn't need another front court player? Bargnani is a true 7 footer and happened to be best rated player in the draft. If we passed on him, it was known that Chicago would have selected him at #2. So, that goes to show you how highly others thought about him. Let me ask you - Portland had Aldridge, but a couple of years later, they selected Oden. You know why? Because skilled big men don't exactly grow on trees. Tell me the last time a team traded a top-3 overall pick for "other pieces". It's happened once in recent memory with Brand for Chandler. And you know why it's rare for teams to make those kind of deals? Because that one player has an oppourtunity to make a greater impact for many more years than "other pieces" would.

Writing off Bargnani right now is foolish. Or saying that he's not a good player is downright silly.

Comment

Working...
                                X