Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: "rumbles of curiosity" from Raps in Arenas

Raptors Republic Rookie JalenRose5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    How does Colangelo not know how to draft? Examples please.
    Andrea Bargnani

Post Thanks / Like

Quote JalenRose5 wrote: View Post
    Andrea Bargnani
    So, with the skillset Andrea has being a 7-footer and him currently being 7th in the NBA in scoring, Colangelo doesn't know how to draft?

Please try again.

Raptors Republic Rookie Brain Colangelo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Arenas and picks for Jose and Reggie/Marcus and tpe...

Arenas would be better in Toronto. Would be a totally different team. He's a better defender than our PGs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Brain Colangelo wrote: View Post
    Arenas and picks for Jose and Reggie/Marcus and tpe...

Arenas would be better in Toronto. Would be a totally different team. He's a better defender than our PGs.
    Why would you want to get rid of Jose right now? He's playing good ball. He's outplaying Jack. The suitors will come soon enough.

Arenas is just a former shell of himself armed with a bloated contract that would cripple us for the next few years.

Raptors Republic Rookie brakeman1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So, with the skillset Andrea has being a 7-footer and him currently being 7th in the NBA in scoring, Colangelo doesn't know how to draft?

Please try again.
    thats all you guys worry about offense. why doesn't any one of his supporters mension defense, rebounding, leadership and heart from somone who is supposed to be your franchise player. This team does not need a sevenfooter that wants to play on the perimiter. If colangelo did his scouting he might have seen barfs flaws. Lets see what Ed Davis does and we should have a better idea of how well he drafts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote brakeman1 wrote: View Post
    thats all you guys worry about offense. why doesn't any one of his supporters mension defense, rebounding, leadership and heart from somone who is supposed to be your franchise player. This team does not need a sevenfooter that wants to play on the perimiter. If colangelo did his scouting he might have seen barfs flaws. Lets see what Ed Davis does and we should have a better idea of how well he drafts.
    WHy is he all of a sudden the "franchise player"? Because he's featured in advertisements? He's not being paid max dollars. If someone was being paid at a max contract rate - or close to it, then they should be considered franchise players. It's true that He's our highest paid player and our leading scorer, but by no means should he be considered a "franchise player". This team as of right now, doesn't have any of them.

Bargnani is probably our best post defender and while he doesnt rebound at the rate we'd like him to, it's being overblown at the moment. He's also averaging about 2 blocks per game to lead the team. And taking a look at his draft class, how did Colangelo really mess up by selecting him?

Raptors Republic Starter Ryan_1523's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's the same things with Bargnani over and over.. Why bring this up again. There have been complete threads on this, we don't need more.. He's playing in the NBA and averaging over 20 ppg, there have been a lot worse number one picks.. Could be worse, could be injury plagued his whole career... Not mentioning names.

Post Thanks / Like

WHy is he all of a sudden the "franchise player"? Because he's featured in advertisements? He's not being paid max dollars. If someone was being paid at a max contract rate - or close to it, then they should be considered franchise players. It's true that He's our highest paid player and our leading scorer, but by no means should he be considered a "franchise player". This team as of right now, doesn't have any of them.

Bargnani is probably our best post defender and while he doesnt rebound at the rate we'd like him to, it's being overblown at the moment. He's also averaging about 2 blocks per game to lead the team. And taking a look at his draft class, how did Colangelo really mess up by selecting him?
    All of the above that you have listed describes a franchise player not to mension a number one pick. Why don't you list what one is? How do you overblow a sevenfooter averageing under 6 rpg's a game. He could have taken Gay or Roy since we needed a wing.
    Instead he got a poor version of Dirk. Notice how those comparisons have all but dried up. Will never be selected ot an alstar or Nba All team ever. I expect a little more from a number one pick

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

why the fuck does every thread on this board turn into an anti-bargs thread?

did his ex-girlfriends and jilted booty calls all decide to sign up for accounts?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    why the fuck does every thread on this board turn into an anti-bargs thread?

did his ex-girlfriends and jilted booty calls all decide to sign up for accounts?
    Barfs is the best player in the league. thats why we are where we are. He was the best player then and is still the best now, by the way when did Chris Bosh's ex girlfriends get accounts. Nice avatar.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Barfs is the best player in the league. thats why we are where we are. He was the best player then and is still the best now, by the way when did Chris Bosh's ex girlfriends get accounts. Nice avatar.
    i never said he was the best. he isnt even my favourite player on the team. but the constant finger pointing at bargs is like pointing at a fat chicks feet and telling her all she needs is a pedicure and she'll be hot.

bargs isnt enough of a problem to take over a thread about arenas.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I ask myself why Colangelo has the job that you were clearly born for!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Arenas would be a GREAT fit!

He's already got a gun & attitude. He could improve our Run'N'Gun..... OR be a Door Bouncer and stop those reports from asking stupid questions to Jay T. Jay wouldn't have to Drop F Bomb's like it Hot. Arenas could bust a cap in their ass.

Oh... I think you mean as a teammate.... I'd rather get Adam he would be less destructive to our team chemistry. Adam to his friends, Mr. Bomb to the rest.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

heinz57 how did you get that picture of Bosh? Was it taken right after he finished paying homage to 2 NEW best friends Wade & LeBron? Why is Milk in the title? sket sket sket.... I understand now Bosh... all that for a shot at the Championship... ewwwww...

Post Thanks / Like

All of the above that you have listed describes a franchise player not to mension a number one pick. Why don't you list what one is? How do you overblow a sevenfooter averageing under 6 rpg's a game. He could have taken Gay or Roy since we needed a wing.
    Instead he got a poor version of Dirk. Notice how those comparisons have all but dried up. Will never be selected ot an alstar or Nba All team ever. I expect a little more from a number one pick
    Sure, I could list examples of franchise players for you - a franchise player is a guy that if an organization lost, it would take them years to get back to where they were. The organization would be devestated - or to a lesser degree would be significantly worse by their departure. I'm talking about guys like Lebron, Wade, Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Kobe Bryant - those guys are franchise players. Andrea Bargnani isn't. He's a very good player, but not a franchise player - and isn't paid like one either.

Right, so we should have taken Gay or Roy - that's why a lot of other teams both passed on both of those guys - and neither of them are franchise guys either. They're both very good in their own right however. You take the guy with the most potential, especially in a crapshoot draft like that. There was never a clear-cut #1 guy. You saying that we should have take Gay or Roy because we needed a wing is not very good logic in a draft like that. You always take the best player available, not taking someone based on need.

I do believe your comments of "he'll never be selected to an all star team" is a bit premature. He does have the tools to be an all-star, especially in the East.

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I do not want Arenas here. I think he should go to New Jersey and play with Devin Harris. They would be a very good back court and would likely make the playoffs with him there.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

yes please.. if there is a basketball god please take jose+bank for arenas
    or anyone, with the exception of davis,dd or bargs

any one down for getting Baron Davis???
    if they take jose I say do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote hateslosing wrote: View Post
    I do not want Arenas here. I think he should go to New Jersey and play with Devin Harris. They would be a very good back court and would likely make the playoffs with him there.
    Arenas would give Avery and Sam fits with his lack of defense. They're better off without him and I think they're saving their chips for later on in the season to make a run at Carmelo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote peanutplaza wrote: View Post
    yes please.. if there is a basketball god please take jose+bank for arenas
    or anyone, with the exception of davis,dd or bargs

any one down for getting Baron Davis???
    if they take jose I say do it.
    Why do people want Arenas here? That contract of his would cripple us for the next few years. After this season, he has 3 years and over 60 million remaining.

I would guarantee that the Clips would take the Calderon deal, run and hide somewhere and giggle. AT this point, you're just buying into the name, not at the level of play. That deal after this season, still has 2 years and 29 million left of it..for a guy who hasn't really had a good season in about 3 years.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default please please please make this happen

This dude is PURE! basketball. he would make us into a playoff team instantly. every one on this team would look better including the coach.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information