Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: NBA Fanhouse: Revisiting The 2006 Draft

Raptors Republic Rookie Killingjoke's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargs no.8, stupidest thing ever, sure he cant or wont rebound but no way should he be that down.

1. Roy
    2. Rondo
    3. Aldridge
    4. Gay
    the rest......

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    please click on the provided links...smh
    Please stop using "...smh". It's really, really, really annoying to just about everyone here.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Who is you?

None of these posted redrafts are my own- please click on the provided links...smh
    Yeah well the guy that posted that, was putting it knowing how the players turned out. NO WAY Roy would have been first and Rondo top 5.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Please stop using "...smh". It's really, really, really annoying to just about everyone here.
    LOL just googles smh, it means shake my head. Nice.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Get a life- how are you going to tell me how and/or what to post? Is that seriously anal or what?

Get real...........smfh@u lmfao@u

Your continuous personal attacks on me despite thread particulars to the contrary is very self revealing........smh smh smh smh smh smh smh smh smh smh smh smh

If you want to play with someone do like Willie D said and Play Wit'cha Ya Mama:
    Last edited by SirChillyMost; Sun Nov 7th, 2010 at 01:06 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    LOL just googles smh, it means shake my head. Nice.
    I totally thought he made up the abbreviation himself, never heard of it.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Your continuous personal attacks on me despite thread particulars to the contrary is very self revealing........smh smh smh smh smh smh smh smh smh smh smh smh
    Forget it Tim, you can't beat immaturity, it's impossible.

Regarding the article, as many have already pointed out, even with hindsight, there's some very questionable rankings i.e. Tyrus Thomas.
    Last edited by Krix; Sun Nov 7th, 2010 at 03:24 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL @ SirChilly's reply. Seriously dude, there is a life outside Youtube :P

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Krix wrote: View Post
    Forget it Tim, you can't beat immaturity, it's impossible.

Regarding the article, as many have already pointed out, even with hindsight, there's some very questionable rankings i.e. Tyrus Thomas.
    I'm the one being told how to post and I'm immature....tell me how Tim's ass taste (Shaq's voice).....smh

LOL @ SirChilly's reply. Seriously dude, there is a life outside Youtube :P
    Last edited by SirChillyMost; Sun Nov 7th, 2010 at 12:18 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter James Ballswin (Realizar)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Woah... How in the "NBA fanhouse" can a rational and informed NBA fan think to put Ronnie Brewer, Tyrus Thomas and Randy Fowe ahead of Bargnani and Paul Milsap in evaluating the outcome of the 2006 draft 4+years after the fact?!?!

I call shenanigans!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Brandon Roy was the consensus most ready NBA player at the time by most experts.smh Potential gets coaches fired ie Sam Mitchell.

Fyi- I'm from Seattle I have watched BRoy play ever since HS so I knew all about him at the 2006 draft.
    If you're from Seattle then you should spend your time fishing during the nice coho run because your biased basketball bs is old and tiresome. Wow isn't it amazing that you know everything four years after the draft!! If you are going to do that then you could go on and on about many draft years including Michael Jordan's, and Bosh's. Also just to be clear IMO Brandon Roy is not the best player out of that draft and if I were picking he would still not be first. Rondo is and will be a much better player than Roy throughout his career. Roy is a jacker with a mediocre shot, but that was not your purpose...you only have one purpose in life it seems and that is to constrantly drivel on about how bad Bargnani is. You're an idiot.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Get a life- how are you going to tell me how and/or what to post? Is that seriously anal or what?

If you want to play with someone do like Willie D said and Play Wit'cha Ya Mama:
    You are such a loser!

Raptors Republic Superstar Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DonCarlos wrote: View Post
    Calderon wasn't drafted. He was signed as a free agent.
    You are correct. Thks.

Raptors Republic Rookie Captain Haddock's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Why are we talking about something that happened 4 years ago that we had no control over? Is Doc Brown on this forum?
    "Come back, Lisa, you little love killer...Come back Lisa, Lisa Lisamiller."
    -Newsradio

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Pizzaman wrote: View Post
    If you're from Seattle then you should spend your time fishing during the nice coho run because your biased basketball bs is old and tiresome. Wow isn't it amazing that you know everything four years after the draft!! If you are going to do that then you could go on and on about many draft years including Michael Jordan's, and Bosh's. Also just to be clear IMO Brandon Roy is not the best player out of that draft and if I were picking he would still not be first. Rondo is and will be a much better player than Roy throughout his career. Roy is a jacker with a mediocre shot, but that was not your purpose...you only have one purpose in life it seems and that is to constrantly drivel on about how bad Bargnani is. You're an idiot.
    Not you again:

How are you going to try and tell me what to do with my time? That's really anal, buddy-ro.lol

Btw- aren't you the same guy who posted (twice) on RR insinuating that I support getting players like Arenas and/or West while constantly berating the Rap's good character Euro players or words to that effect? Yes you are.smh

It seems that Pizzaman likes starting bs forum rumors smh:

Fyi- I have never ever ever ever supported any posted idea that the Rap's should acquire either Arenas nor West- comprehend?smh That is nothing more than a complete untenable fabrication created out of the depths of your mind & posted by you in order to make yourself come off as somehow being correct..smh Tell the truth and shame the devil.smh

As well, you would pick Rondo over Roy in a redraft- fair enough. But Bargnani isn't even a top 5 player from that draft 4 plus years after the fact: Rondo, Roy, Aldridge, Gay, Milsap.......but still Barg's is not better than the 6th best player from the 2006 draft in my mind. Foye & Brewer are aguablly just as good as Barg's as well.

Barg's is very skilled but not very willed. For all of his natural talent his on court game is lacking especially on the defense end and when it comes to doing the historical big man particulars ie protecting the rim, boxing out/rebounding, controlling the paint (awareness) and so forth. His hustle game is almost non existant if the ball doesn't come straight to him he rarely chases it down. Plus, I have never seen Barg's get a floor burn chasing after a loose ball that I can recall- do you really think that his teammates don't notice that lack of hustle or effort? Barg's needs to play 48 minutes (or however many he is in the game for) with heart like the less skilled but more willed Evans and more folks could live with his game.

Calling me an idot & a loser- what does that prove? Why the need to attack my person over a thread which isn't even in my words but that of NBA Fanhouse?smh lol

Just so that you're aware of this both Tim W & yourself have played yourselves out with me in this forum with your personal attacks so be advised that I will not be responding to any of your posts that are directed at me- have a great life- pal.
    Last edited by SirChillyMost; Sun Nov 7th, 2010 at 08:46 PM.

Raptors Republic Rookie RaptorRoo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well said! Unfortunately this idiot from Seattle doesn't have the Supersonics to bash with continual ignorance as he does the Raps. I would say let's all just ignore this wannabe rapper/loser, however his moronic ramblings need to be dealt with to regain some semblence of intelligent postings on this forum.

Post Thanks / Like

why did you ever bring up this draft?
    this is the draft that couldve made us legit contenders witht the correct pick
    obviously it didnt...
    and i agree with the drafr order you suggested
    but at the time, brandon roy was passed on by many teams for god knows what reason
    oh well, we have to live with bargnani now...

Post Thanks / Like

Roy was one of the best prospects in the draft. And if he didn't have health issues he would have been a top 3 pick.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorRoo wrote: View Post
    Well said! Unfortunately this idiot from Seattle doesn't have the Supersonics to bash with continual ignorance as he does the Raps. I would say let's all just ignore this wannabe rapper/loser, however his moronic ramblings need to be dealt with to regain some semblence of intelligent postings on this forum.
    Um, dude. You just contradicted everything you just posted. And I don't think it's nice to make fun of the Supersonics, I have a lot of friends from Seattle, and I lived there for 2 years and it was a very serious thing. And you can make fun of them now, but if they ever take the Raptors away how would you feel?
    And calling others idiots, ignorant, and moronic doesn't make you look so smart either, you also spelled semblance wrong. Also the guy might be annoying, I dislike him honestly. When I first joined the forum he got into heated arguments with loads of members but it doesn't really give us the right, unless he personally attacked you, to call him an idiot. Plus you wrote all of this to his two sentences about Brandon Roy which aren't exactly wrong...

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    Um, dude. You just contradicted everything you just posted. And I don't think it's nice to make fun of the Supersonics, I have a lot of friends from Seattle, and I lived there for 2 years and it was a very serious thing. And you can make fun of them now, but if they ever take the Raptors away how would you feel?
    And calling others idiots, ignorant, and moronic doesn't make you look so smart either, you also spelled semblance wrong. Also the guy might be annoying, I dislike him honestly. When I first joined the forum he got into heated arguments with loads of members but it doesn't really give us the right, unless he personally attacked you, to call him an idiot. Plus you wrote all of this to his two sentences about Brandon Roy which aren't exactly wrong...
    Joe buddy you are right that personal insults are usually not necessary or warranted but this guy sirchillywilly provokes the absolute worst in many of us, and he has often slandered me personally so indeed this guy is an idiot and a loser who spends his time on youtube watching so called rap videos of his heroes. He says he is not a fan, yet continually stirs the pot with his only view. I was not dissing Seattle here either as I have been many times and worked there for awhile. It's an awesome town and I was at Key Arena watching Kemp, Schremp and Payton take on Jordan, Pippen and the Bulls in the playoffs ( awesome basketball). I went to many ball games in Seattle and it's a shame they lost that team, but this guy is not their normal fan as he so states , but rather he is a moron.

Thread Information