Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 55 of 55

Thread: NBA Fanhouse: Revisiting The 2006 Draft

  1. #41
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote YKR23 wrote: View Post
    why did you ever bring up this draft?
    this is the draft that couldve made us legit contenders witht the correct pick
    obviously it didnt...
    and i agree with the drafr order you suggested
    but at the time, brandon roy was passed on by many teams for god knows what reason
    oh well, we have to live with bargnani now...
    So since Roy's arrival in Portland, has that made them contenders? They've yet to make it out of the first round.
    Aside from Rondo, not one player in this draft should be considered "franchise players", or "players that would have made us contenders"

  2. #42
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    SirChilly - I don't think you've ever realized it, but when you use "smh", it's insulting - it's just as bad as someone resorting to name-calling. Do you do that in real life when you have a conversation? Do you shake your head at them when they bring up their point/opinion? If you use it once in a while, when warranted, it's cool, but you over-use the acronym.

  3. #43
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    244
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    So since Roy's arrival in Portland, has that made them contenders? They've yet to make it out of the first round.
    Aside from Rondo, not one player in this draft should be considered "franchise players", or "players that would have made us contenders"
    Portland's made it to the second round on multiple occasions I believe. As for Roy, if you don't consider him franchise you have to admit, he's pretty damn close.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    SirChilly - I don't think you've ever realized it, but when you use "smh", it's insulting - it's just as bad as someone resorting to name-calling. Do you do that in real life when you have a conversation? Do you shake your head at them when they bring up their point/opinion? If you use it once in a while, when warranted, it's cool, but you over-use the acronym.
    First off, who are you to tell me how to post? When warranted? By whom? You?lol Sounds more than a little anal to me friend.smh

    Secondly, SMH is not name calling nor just as bad as name calling- only to a reprobate mind: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=smh it's Internet slang for shaking one's head nothing more, nothing less. There is nothing insulting about it at all unless you're just trying to start something over nothing- MangoKid?

    Thirdly, this is the Internet buddy & I'm using commonly often used Internet slang. As well, we are not talking face to face- so save your facetious analogies for some kool aid drinking mentally weak sheep- pal. Also, there is this item called Freedom of Expression in our Society as you're not going to like alot of things that other people do but as they say in basketball- no harm no foul.smh

    Fourthly, there are multiple people attacking me & calling me names like- idiot, in this thread and you choose to address me- not them, over some complete SMH balderdash? Really now?lmfao@u

    In closing remember b4 you try 2 check me you need 2 check urself as Ice Cube would say:
    Last edited by SirChillyMost; Mon Nov 8th, 2010 at 02:24 PM.

  5. #45
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Krix wrote: View Post
    Portland's made it to the second round on multiple occasions I believe. As for Roy, if you don't consider him franchise you have to admit, he's pretty damn close.
    Sorry I wasn't clear. My point was has Portland has made it to the second round since Roy's arrival?

    2009-10 Portland 50 32 .610 3rd Northwest Division 2 4 .333 Lost West Conf 1st Rd
    2008-09 Portland 54 28 .659 2nd Northwest Division 2 4 .333 Lost West Conf 1st Rd
    2007-08 Portland 41 41 .500 3rd Northwest Division - - - DNQ
    2006-07 Portland 32 50 .390 3rd Northwest Division - - - DNQ

    So, 4 seasons and 2 playoff berths and never out of the first round.

    I wouldn't say he's on the same level as Paul, Howard, Lebron, Kobe, Wade, Drk - those guys are franchise guys. I wouldn't say he's close either. But that's not discounting him as a player. I think he's very good, he's an all-star, but I don't think he's capable of putting a team on his back and willing them to playoff series victories. He's more of a "robin", not a "batman"

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Krix wrote: View Post
    Portland's made it to the second round on multiple occasions I believe. As for Roy, if you don't consider him franchise you have to admit, he's pretty damn close.
    Roy's 1st two years PO missed the playoffs but they made it the last two years with Roy. Roy has yet to make it out of the 1st round. That being said many people around the League (players, GMs) hold Roy in high regards ie Franchise player, even if some folks up in here don't.lol

    As well, Roy led a banged up, short handed Blazer team to a 4th place finish in the West last season- Franchise player?
    Last edited by SirChillyMost; Mon Nov 8th, 2010 at 02:21 PM.

  7. #47
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    First off, who are you to tell me how to post? When warranted? By whom? You?lol Sounds more than a little anal to me friend.smh

    Secondly, SMH is not name calling nor just as bad as name calling- only to a reprobate mind: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=smh it's Internet slang for shaking one's head nothing more, nothing less. There is nothing insulting about it at all unless you're just trying to start something over nothing- MangoKid?

    Thirdly, this is the Internet buddy & I'm using commonnly used Internet slang. As well, we are not talking face to face- so save your facetious analogies for some kool aid drinking mentally weak sheep- pal. Also, there is this item called Freedom of Expression in our Society as you're not going to like alot of things that other people do but as they say in basketball- no harm no foul.smh

    Fourthly, there are multiple people attacking me & calling me names like- idiot, in this thread and you choose to address me- not them, over some complete SMH balderdash? Really now?lmfao@u

    In closing remember b4 you try and check me you need to check yourself because as Ice Cube would say:
    How am I really anal? I'm telling you because there are people that take offense to the use of that acronym and have asked you to curb using it excessively, and as someone who's grown - although I could be wrong on that issue, that you would actually comply. I know what smh means - so I don't need to make myself acclamated with it, but it's just as rude and annoying as calling people names. If someone makes a point that differs from yours, do you really shake your head each and every time? Do you do that in real life? Do you know why people resort to name calling at you? Because you SMH at them constantly.

    And is the last parting shot a threat? Well, as Phife Dawg once said "If you feel you can swing it, then Money, please bring it."

  8. #48
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    Not you again:


    How are you going to try and tell me what to do with my time? That's really anal, buddy-ro.lol

    Btw- aren't you the same guy who posted (twice) on RR insinuating that I support getting players like Arenas and/or West while constantly berating the Rap's good character Euro players or words to that effect? Yes you are.smh

    It seems that Pizzaman likes starting bs forum rumors smh:


    Fyi- I have never ever ever ever supported any posted idea that the Rap's should acquire either Arenas nor West- comprehend?smh That is nothing more than a complete untenable fabrication created out of the depths of your mind & posted by you in order to make yourself come off as somehow being correct..smh Tell the truth and shame the devil.smh

    As well, you would pick Rondo over Roy in a redraft- fair enough. But Bargnani isn't even a top 5 player from that draft 4 plus years after the fact: Rondo, Roy, Aldridge, Gay, Milsap.......but still Barg's is not better than the 6th best player from the 2006 draft in my mind. Foye & Brewer are aguablly just as good as Barg's as well.

    Barg's is very skilled but not very willed. For all of his natural talent his on court game is lacking especially on the defense end and when it comes to doing the historical big man particulars ie protecting the rim, boxing out/rebounding, controlling the paint (awareness) and so forth. His hustle game is almost non existant if the ball doesn't come straight to him he rarely chases it down. Plus, I have never seen Barg's get a floor burn chasing after a loose ball that I can recall- do you really think that his teammates don't notice that lack of hustle or effort? Barg's needs to play 48 minutes (or however many he is in the game for) with heart like the less skilled but more willed Evans and more folks could live with his game.

    Calling me an idot & a loser- what does that prove? Why the need to attack my person over a thread which isn't even in my words but that of NBA Fanhouse?smh lol

    Just so that you're aware of this both Tim W & yourself have played yourselves out with me in this forum with your personal attacks so be advised that I will not be responding to any of your posts that are directed at me- have a great life- pal.
    Sirchilly just so you are aware... stop wasting your time posting to me with gangsta youtube videos because I would not push play on that shit if my life depended on it. It's probably what fucked up your head so bad you know nothing about basketball now.

  9. #49
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    Roy's 1st two years PO missed the playoffs but they made it the last two years with Roy. Roy has yet to make it out of the 1st round. That being said many people around the League (players, GMs) hold Roy in high regards ie Franchise player, even if some folks up in here don't.lol

    As well, Roy led a banged up, short handed Blazer team to a 4th place finish in the West last season- Franchise player?
    Bosh led the 06-07 Raptors team to a 4th place finish in the East last season; and the playoffs in 07-08. He's a 5-time all-star, but not a lot of people considered (or yet still consider) him a franchise player.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Pizzaman wrote: View Post
    Joe buddy you are right that personal insults are usually not necessary or warranted but this guy sirchillywilly provokes the absolute worst in many of us, and he has often slandered me personally so indeed this guy is an idiot and a loser who spends his time on youtube watching so called rap videos of his heroes. He says he is not a fan, yet continually stirs the pot with his only view. I was not dissing Seattle here either as I have been many times and worked there for awhile. It's an awesome town and I was at Key Arena watching Kemp, Schremp and Payton take on Jordan, Pippen and the Bulls in the playoffs ( awesome basketball). I went to many ball games in Seattle and it's a shame they lost that team, but this guy is not their normal fan as he so states , but rather he is a moron.
    Seems like Pizzaman likes to make alot of false assumptions based on his own personal intelligence sorta like BC does with talent evaluations.

    When have I unprovokingly slandered you personally?lol How do you know how I spend my time or whom my heroes are? Fyi- my heroes most definitely aren't any rappers nor athletes nor any other type of Societal entertainer.smh

    As well, I state my opinion whether backed up with facts or not and you can't handle that- right?smh Post something to the contrary instead of name calling &/or making up stuff like that I support the Raptors acquiring Arenas and/or West in order to make yourself seem correct even though I have never posted anything to the affirmative in this forum.

    Pizzaman like LL Cool J would say- That's A Lie:


    I actually don't want the Rap's to acquire Arenas nor West nor BDavis- comprehend?

    Still with the name calling? Sad.
    Last edited by SirChillyMost; Mon Nov 8th, 2010 at 02:41 PM.

  11. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    How am I really anal? I'm telling you because there are people that take offense to the use of that acronym and have asked you to curb using it excessively, and as someone who's grown - although I could be wrong on that issue, that you would actually comply. I know what smh means - so I don't need to make myself acclamated with it, but it's just as rude and annoying as calling people names. If someone makes a point that differs from yours, do you really shake your head each and every time? Do you do that in real life? Do you know why people resort to name calling at you? Because you SMH at them constantly.

    And is the last parting shot a threat? Well, as Phife Dawg once said "If you feel you can swing it, then Money, please bring it."
    SMH


  12. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Pizzaman wrote: View Post
    Sirchilly just so you are aware... stop wasting your time posting to me with gangsta youtube videos because I would not push play on that shit if my life depended on it. It's probably what fucked up your head so bad you know nothing about basketball now.
    Timex Social Club is gangsta rap? SMH lol

  13. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,613
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Bosh led the 06-07 Raptors team to a 4th place finish in the East last season; and the playoffs in 07-08. He's a 5-time all-star, but not a lot of people considered (or yet still consider) him a franchise player.
    Look dude you come in here trying to tell me how to post now you want a conversation?smh

    MangoKid you just played yourself:

  14. #54
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,119
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    SMH

    Right. Well, as much as I think that you could be a really good poster if you lose the nonsense, you don't seem really intent on doing so. So, to make my life easier and for piece of mind, I'm going to put you on my ignore list. I'd invite anyone who seems annoyed by SirChilly's garbage to do the same.

  15. #55
    Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Almonte
    Posts
    4,056
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lockin' this up. Don't like the direction its heading.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •