Mo Pete To Be Honored Today at the ACC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mo Pete To Be Honored Today at the ACC

And deservedly so. Although it was his time to go a couple years ago, he still goes down as one of my favourite Raptors of all-time. Classy cat that Mo Pete is.

Sunday might be cool.

As part of the ongoing recognition process, they’re going to take time out to honour the one and only Mo Pete, I’m told, and that’s one I can fully support.

Mo’s one of the true great guys and I would presume the fans will stand and cheer loudly – very loudly – whenever they do it.

After all, the guy played more games – 542 in the regular season, 19 more in the playoffs – than anybody in franchise history.

Now, that’s a dude you should recognize.

They got that one right.

A Mo story I don’t think I’ve ever told out here in the big, wide world.

It’s the second week of the 2005-06 and somehow Sam’s decided the rookie Joey Graham will start in the spot that is historically Mo’s.

Well, Mo says all the right things ‘cause he’s a pro but it’s obvious he’s miffed and Joey’s not exactly lighting the world on fire.

We’re in the locker room after a home game and someone’s getting scrummed about two lockers over from Mo. I’m on the periphery of it, not really listening to closely when I hear Mo in my ear over my shoulder.

He’s telling me he’s ticked, I should write it, he wants his job back and “something’s got to change.”

Me? I keep pretending I’m listening to the scrum, all the while taking notes on what Mo’s saying.

Get a story no one else has, Mo gets his starting job back like the next game or something and a Day In The Life Of A Grunt turns out to be a good one.
    Source - Click here

He deserve it!

Love his hail mary shot! Love his passion for the game! Love his down right pissed off attitude especially the VC slapped!

Honour this wise and ancestral gifted raptor who gave it his all during his younger and prime years. Standing Ovation!!!

Comment

Mo is a class act. He was a very nice draft selection who came in and made an impact immediately. He never improved much throughout his career, he never did anything above average beyond circus shots but he had no real weaknesses either. I think that was the key to Mo's success in Toronto, he was a jack of all trades at the guard spot. Glad to see him being recognized because he deserves it.

Comment

Woot. I love Mo Pete. Hopefully they show it after halftime. I can imagine a standing O
        Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

I was there today, he got a long standing ovation. A nice, well-deserved moment.

Comment

At least they picked someone who wasn't "playing" against the them!

Why couldn't they stick with retired players?
            The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

deejay wrote: View Post
              I was there today, he got a long standing ovation. A nice, well-deserved moment.
              I missed the start of the game. Fairly long standing "O"?

BTW, welcome to the RR forums deejay.

Comment

deejay wrote: View Post
                Welcome! Wish I got to see that in person.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                  I missed the start of the game. Fairly long standing "O"?

BTW, welcome to the RR forums deejay.
                  Thanks.

The applause and cheering got louder and louder thoughout the highlight video being shown on the screens (video ended on with the "circus shot" ftw from his last season here), people started to get out of their seats as the house announcer was listing off Mo Pete's career stats/accomplishments with the raptors and was capped with a long standing O. Mo gave a wave to the crowd a few seconds into it, but it went on much longer...to the point where even his teammates on the bench were just like "screw it" and were clapping/cheering too.

Comment

Morris Peterson: Shoutout to Toronto and all the fans. I love yall, today was an honour. Thank you.
                    HoopsHype.com

Comment

Morris is all class. He even gave a Brass Rail stripper a boat-load of money after giving her herpes.

MoP = Her-P

I'll also add that a good friend of mine dated Morris for a few months (after meeting at the Rail, seriously) and she told me he was always a classy guy at the Rail (but she had to put him in his place once) and that he was a huge tipper - although he didn't give her his herpes!

But seriously, MoP is a good guy and deserved to be cheered yesterday - since it might the the last time he comes to town as an active NBA player.
                      Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Mon Dec 21, 2009, 04:00 PM.
                      RR OG

Comment

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
                        Morris is all class. He even gave a Brass Rail stripper a boat-load of money after giving her herpes.
                        *awkward silence*

Comment

Working...
                        X