Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sooooo Ya, How 'Bout Them Raptors?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I think there is some "no reacquiring" trade rule for players acquired in that same season.
    So, no trades for Barbosa, wright and anderson.
    Last edited by peanutplaza; Mon Nov 8th, 2010 at 12:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Pele wrote: View Post
    I know you don't want any trade Bargs scenarios but the reality is, he has to go. ( how about for O.J. Mayo and Darrel Arthur)

Give Davis some burn to develop. Same for Alabi. Trade Jose or Jack and use either Barbosa or Kleiza at P.G. along with Banks to back-up the other. (how about trade Jack for Rudy Fernandez)

Give Demar, Amir, Sonny, Wright time to develop. If they don't consistently show improvement than trade them next summer.
    I wish we could get Mayo for Bargnani. I can't see Wallace entertaining that thought for Memphis. The guys I'd love to get are Thabeet and Conley.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote peanutplaza wrote: View Post
    I think there is some "no reacquiring" trade rule for players acquired in that same season.
    I could be wrong, but I think they can traded after December 15th.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

That is if they were free-agents. A player can be traded as many times as the teams want. When you sign a free-agent I think you have to wait till Christmas or something.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Brasky wrote: View Post
    Colangelo shouldn't do anything. This team needs to develop some chemistry. Save it for next summer when he has a top 5 pick, cap space and a large trade exception to work with.
    +1 except the trade exemption expires on the 13th of July I believe or whenever the Bosh SandT was official.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Teams cannot acquire the same player who they traded until after July 1st of the following year unless they are waived and no team picks up the player.

Teams who acquire a player and they are over the salary cap must wait 2 months to trade with any combination of other players.

Teams who acquire a player and they are over the salary cap can trade that player prior to the 2 months as long as it is only 1 player leaving that team (that is how Q-Rich was traded 4/5/6? times 2 summers ago).

Teams who sign a free agent cannot trade that player until after December 15.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sooo,What about dem Raptor's???

hello everyone,I'm from Vancouver and yes.....i miss my Grizz.!!so,im rooting for the next best thing....or is it?i love the trades done over the off-season and i love this new look Toronto Raptor team.BUT....2 things are beginning to annoy me ..1)why arent our boys rallying around eachother more often ..especially if one happens to fall on the floor after making a play..I NEED TO SEE MORE TEAM LOVE ,man..2)i think we need a new coach..i even hate to think it...but reality says "COACHES ARE HIRED TO BE FIRED"...its early in the season enough to make the change...before we get too far back to not make the play-offs.I believe this team has what it takes(players and upper management)....to make a big splash in the play-offs,the problem is......we need to get there first.
    Short Term remedylease make more 3 pointers ..pretty,pretty please.

Thread Information