Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dampier available again, back to Toronto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dampier available again, back to Toronto?

Dampier on the other hand heads back to the free agent pool and a likely re-connection with the Toronto Raptors.
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?...#ixzz14hbQXZNw

Fuck fuck fuck.

This is just like the hedo situation where I was thanking god he was going to Portland and then somehow we ended up with him. I'm not saying Dampier will be nearly as cancerous, but he wasn't there in training camp to learn our offense or our defense, he'd old, and he just doesn't fit our youth movement (he'll probably take minutes from Ed Davis).

COLANGELO, DO NOT SIGN DAMPIER!

If this gets a trade going to open up a spot for him then I am in Jose and/or jack needs to go.

Comment

This is getting to smell of desperation if not insulting. It's like the Raps are the last team standing. What is the upside, again?

Comment

Dampier is a lazy fuck. The only reason he's not signed yet is because he wants to play the least amount possible and still make some money. He had a chance to sign in Houston and didn't which makes no sense because it would have given the Rockets a good boost. If he signs with a perennial loser like Toronto, it speaks to his desire to win more than anything. I hope Colangelo doesn't actually sign this fraud.

Comment

For a guy who never looks fit, can you imagine the shape he's in after missing training camp and 2 weeks of the season?

Comment

I'd take him in the hopes that perhaps he can play half decently and be parlayed into a pick or young player around the trade deadline.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
              Dampier is a lazy fuck. The only reason he's not signed yet is because he wants to play the least amount possible and still make some money. He had a chance to sign in Houston and didn't which makes no sense because it would have given the Rockets a good boost. If he signs with a perennial loser like Toronto, it speaks to his desire to win more than anything. I hope Colangelo doesn't actually sign this fraud.
              That's exactly what Dampier is and we should stick out what we have until something better comes up for sure.

Comment

Pizzaman wrote: View Post
                That's exactly what Dampier is and we should stick out what we have until something better comes up for sure.
                I don't think anything better is actually coming up. The move also allows for Bargnani to move to PF when they're on the floor together. But in no way, shape or form should Dampier start.

Comment

Oh shit. Someone keep Colangelo in his house with no phone or internet. HE CAN'T MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

Comment

the fact is dampier is a proven veteran and he's the type of player that just plays the game hard, if the get raptors get him I'll be glad cuz thats more wins for us

Comment

Dampier type of a player is not what Toronto needs

Marz wrote: View Post

Fuck fuck fuck.

This is just like the hedo situation where I was thanking god he was going to Portland and then somehow we ended up with him. I'm not saying Dampier will be nearly as cancerous, but he wasn't there in training camp to learn our offense or our defense, he'd old, and he just doesn't fit our youth movement (he'll probably take minutes from Ed Davis).

It is a memory that lasts for a long time: a talented but underachieving Dallas team was in turmoil, few years back. The most glaring deficiency was in the rebounds column, where mavericks offered little resistance, and barely scored from the paint. Assuming leadership role on that team, Nowitzki called out in the local Dallas press his teammates, and singled out Dampier as a significant contributor to the team's reduced rebounding capability. At first, I thought that Nowitzki is looking for a scapegoat to offer because of his own deficiencies, but then, it was obvious that he could afford not to rebound since he was a focal point of the perimeter offense and franchise cornerstone. The story goes after that event that Dampier spruced up somewhat his rebounding and ``in the paint`` productivity. He looked out of sorts trying to post up and score, but progressed with the time, because at the time league lacked so called traditional, old type, heavy centers. In the current prospective of the Toronto team, here are the reasons why Toronto should not sign Dampier:

1. There is no authority on the current Toronto team that would be able to criticize Dampier, and make him increase intensity or productivity levels of his game.
                      2. Reggie Evans is a better rebounder, and would have to share his minutes with Dampier.
                      3. I would rather give more chance and play time to Dorsey and Alabi.
                      4. Dampier situation is similar to what Toronto had few years back with signing Hakeem Olajuwon - we were not his first option, but GM offered little more money than the preferred team, and we signed him. We all know how much Olajuwon`s age, injuries, and more than anything, sense of entitlement, impeded that young toronto team.

Comment

Damper might sign with us!? I thought this was going to be a shitty season, but roll out the red carpet bitches, we got damp the stamp!!

Comment

The way I see it is that you offer the guy a contract of a little over 1M for the season - if he plays great, it's good news for us and we could flip him around the deadline to a team that could use a bit of length and experience. If he flops, his contract is done at the end of the season and we part ways and we only spend about a million. The only way I get pissed is if it's a multi-year deal, but I can't see that happening.

Comment

Dampier- no thank you. I can see him in Phx, Chi or NO.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post

Fuck fuck fuck.

bud, chill out it'll be prolly unguaranteed becuase if he plays well then he can asked to be cut and join on to a championsip team, i think that's the only way it works out well for both sides.
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                              X