Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Harrison Barnes Draft!!!

Raptors Republic Starter Dr Hannibal Lecter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Harrison Barnes Draft!!!

Let the Harrison Barnes Draft begin.
    Are u guys pumped up as I am for the draft of 2011.
    Is looking like raptors are gonna finish last or close 2 it...and we can say we have really good chance of getting Harrison Barnes.
    I know it's sad that season has just started and well let's be honest this team ain't that good,it's time 2 START OVER AND REBUILD!!!

Post Thanks / Like

If I had the #1 pick, I wouldn't take Barnes - I'd trade down and take Irving.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

Putting stuff in caps and red doesn't make you right.

Felipe Lopez was on the front of Sports Illustrated coming out of High school and look what happened to him.

This team needs a true floor general more than anything else - someone who will lead, someone who will make others around him better.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Putting stuff in caps and red doesn't make you right.

Felipe Lopez was on the front of Sports Illustrated coming out of High school and look what happened to him.

This team needs a true floor general more than anything else - someone who will lead, someone who will make others around him better.
    The Raptors need the best player available. Period. If it's Irving, then take him, but if it's Barnes, you need to take him.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    The Raptors need the best player available. Period. If it's Irving, then take him, but if it's Barnes, you need to take him.
    Very true. There is a season of NCAA to play yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    While I do agree with that notion whole-heartedly, the difference between the two are small. I think a good PG outweighs a good SF, but that's just my opinion.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure why you guys are excited about the draft when youre not even sure how these college players are gonna fair in the nba. besides, it takes a rookie a year or two to develop.

i think the raps need to focus on using the TPE to get a stud. need to trade these soft euro players and get workhorses who know how to bang, take contact and finish at the rim. Trade Kleiza, Andersen, Calderon and Bargnani.

how about jamal crawford? seems he's available.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    Not sure why you guys are excited about the draft when youre not even sure how these college players are gonna fair in the nba. besides, it takes a rookie a year or two to develop.

i think the raps need to focus on using the TPE to get a stud. need to trade these soft euro players and get workhorses who know how to bang, take contact and finish at the rim. Trade Kleiza, Andersen, Calderon and Bargnani.

Why get on Andersen's back? The guy's a capable backup. We got him for a 2nd rounder. He's not a miracle worker. He's providing great value right now.

As for Jamal Crawford - isn't this his contract year? If we're gonna use the TPE, I'd hope that we'd be acquiring someone who has a long term contract.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

And what would Crawford do? He is 30 years old and looking for his last contract. His first time in the playoffs was last season. He is a bench player on a good team - not a great team. The only way Crawford is useful is as an expiring contract.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL. Trade Kleiza, Anderson, Calderon and Bargnani who have all been playing pretty decently, for Jamal. Nice.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

What and embarassing thread..

Post Thanks / Like

i think the raps need to focus on using the TPE to get a stud
    . need to trade these soft euro players and get workhorses who know how to bang, take contact and finish at the rim. Trade Kleiza, Andersen, Calderon and Bargnani.

A number of Raptors players already have "studs". Just look at their ears.

Seriously:

The first thing the Raptors need to do is change the starting lineup.

The second thing they need to do is get Davis up to speed ASAP.

Then come next Feb before the trading deadline there could be a trade out there worth making.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Toronto's current squad is in last place.

All this does is tell me that NOBODY on this team is stellar. Rebuild is in effect. You take the absolute best player available.

Its simple.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Craig wrote: View Post
    Toronto's current squad is in last place.

All this does is tell me that NOBODY on this team is stellar. Rebuild is in effect. You take the absolute best player available.

Its simple.
    They are in last place because Triano listened to Doug Smith who suggested during the pre-season that Reggie start.

Plus they had that four game Western road trip. Last season's team which won forty games didn't do much better on their West Coast road trips.

You can't play four on five on offense continue to lose Q1 and Q3 because of it and expect to win.

It is as simple as that.

Post Thanks / Like

Jamaal Crawford? Really? THAT'S your solution? No thanks.

And why are you clumping all those players together? Because they're European? That's pretty narrow-minded. Kleiza certainly isn't soft and is one of the tougher players on the team. He initiates contact probably more than any other Raptor. And Andersen? He hasn't shown to be soft. I just think you're incredibly biased, and pretty much wrong.

As for rookies, some rookies take longer than others, but trying to find a quick solution isn't going to do the franchise any good. You'r obviously simply hoping for a mediocre team immediately rather than a very good one down the road. Personally, I'd rather be patient and build the right way.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    They are in last place because Triano listened to Doug Smith who suggested during the pre-season that Reggie start.

Plus they had that four game Western road trip. Last season's team which won forty games didn't do much better on their West Coast road trips.

You can't play four on five on offense continue to lose Q1 and Q3 because of it and expect to win.

It is as simple as that.
    They are in last place (well, they're actually tied with 5 other teams for last place) because they simply aren't a talented team. It was nice that you were optimistic before the season started, but there was no way this team was ever going to win much more than 30 wins with the roster they have.

And Triano is starting Reggie for two reasons. One is that he's the only Raptor on the roster who can make up for Bargnani's rebounding deficiencies, and he's also a placeholder for Ed Davis. Reggie Evans isn't as great as some fans seem to think, but he's certainly not the reason the Raptors are losing games.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nick wrote: View Post
    What and embarassing thread..
    no shit, eh?

with 75 games left, we're already talking draft.

Raptors Republic Superstar Mack North's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It doesn't always take a year or two. Tyreke, B. Jennings, Blake Griffin, and John Wall prove this.
    Keep Calm & Chive On

Raptors Republic Starter blaze89's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

in my mind we NEED to take in order : irving, perry jones/harrison barnes, enes kanter......anything else then were screwed

Thread Information