Why The Raptors Suck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why The Raptors Suck

In the first part of the clip, notice how Jarrett Jack and Andrea Bargnani are within three feet of one another. This would be fine if they were trapping Stephen Curry, but they weren't. Curry's given an open lane around the three point line to look for an open David Lee. Same clip, notice how Linas Kleiza is guarding two men. The Raptors should be ecstatic that Curry chose to pass to Lee instead of to Jeremy Lin or Rodney Carney for an open three. Thirdly, in this very same clip, notice how DeMar DeRozan was fronting David Lee, and casually walks away from him. Reggie Evans is the only Raptors player that does anything right here. And watch once Lee's first shot attempt goes up. Five Raptors within ten feet of the basket, only one trying to secure a rebound. Only one.

Second clip. Simple pick by David Lee. Curry cuts hard across the pick, leaving DeMar DeRozan caught on Lee. Reggie Evans is clearly rotating too slow to impede Curry, so one would assume help would come from either Jarrett Jack or Linas Kleiza, or heck, even the terrible help defender that is Andrea Bargnani. Nope! Reggie does recover, albeit not as quickly as one would like, and yet when he's within arms length of Curry, he does nothing to stop his layup. No foul, no shot contest. Open lane to the basket. WELL DONE, RAPTORS!
    A bit of a rant, but there's more on the blog.

Link: http://bit.ly/93iH2n
    Joshua Priemski
    NBA blogger
    SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
    www.RufusOnFire.com/
    www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Ok I know this has nothing to do with Barney, as he was out of the play trapping his man, by why did he switch to Lee after the layup attempt by Curry?

It was probably going in anyways but lets say he missed it, the other warriors bigman would have been in position to get that rebound, am I not right? so what gives? what gave him the reason to switch? at that point his first priority should have been, GET THE REBOUND. I mean he`s not a guard, he ain`t gonna lead the break.

Anyone with a good explanation. Or am I right on calling that?

Comment

matt wrote: View Post
      Ok I know this has nothing to do with Barney, as he was out of the play trapping his man, by why did he switch to Lee after the layup attempt by Curry?

It was probably going in anyways but lets say he missed it, the other warriors bigman would have been in position to get that rebound, am I not right? so what gives? what gave him the reason to switch? at that point his first priority should have been, GET THE REBOUND. I mean he`s not a guard, he ain`t gonna lead the break.

Anyone with a good explanation. Or am I right on calling that?
      Ya, I noticed that, too. Bargnani didn't do anything wrong defensively, but he let (I believe) Brandan Wright get rebounding position while switched to David Lee, who was farther away. I simply don't understand that.

I noticed some incredibly horrible defensive lapses from him tonight. Embarrassingly horrible. I'm not surprised he only played 21 minutes.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Atleast Triano is showing Bargs that his minutes aren't guaranteed. Maybe if he has to fight for his minutes he'll play better...

Comment

The Raptor problem is they only play maybe 30 min. a game and not 48 . They find them selves behind by quite a few points and have to fight back alll the time. If they would play 48 min every game I think that they might do all right through the season. I have season tickets for the raptors and I like what I see when they are playing they can keep up with thwe best of the teams. It is when some of the players take the night off and don't put the effort in the game is what pisses me off. They are a young team and they have a lot to learn but there is no excuse for taking the night off. The other main key to Raptor's winning is they have to cut down on their turn overs big time. You are not going to beat the good teams with 20 or so turn overs as they have quickly found out; eg. L.A. and Utah, Portland etc. I only ask as a Raptor fan that they work hard every night for 48 min. and if they lose so be it; at least we will have a an entertaining team and a no. 1 draft pick to build on for next year.

Comment

but but but but the defense is improved over last season

Comment

Working...
            X