Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Young Gunz Basic Info Thread

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Young Gunz Basic Info Thread

Who, what, are the Young Gunz aka YG'z you may ask?

A Hip Hop group? A Hollywood movie? Wild West Cowboys?

No.

For those who may or may not know the YG'z are 4 Toronto Raptor basketball players that came into being from former Raptor security consultant Wills Richardson who bestowed the name upon the YG'z http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...rs-some-sizzle :

Captain Jack aka The Man
    Money Weems aka The Locksmith (*Defense)
    AirComp10 aka The Finisher
    Big A aka The Enforcer

Fyi: Currently both Ed "Bad Luck" Davis & Joey "Thing aka Ben Grimm" Dorsey are under consideration to be YG'z but they are not official YG'z as of yet.

Also, they have no theme song. Any ideas?

DeMar:
    http://twitter.com/demar_derozan

Amir:
    http://twitter.com/iamamirjohnson

Sonny:
    http://twitter.com/sonny13

AmirTV YouTube link:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/amirtv

YG'z Facebook link:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Yo...28558263847922

Sonny talking about the Young Gunz @ 2010 Raptor Media Day:

YG'z summer dunk off:

Btw- if you have any additional YG'z info, videos or links feel free to add them.........

Last edited by SirChillyMost; Sun Oct 3rd, 2010 at 02:50 AM.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Andrea needs to be added to the Young Gunz.

Raptors Republic Rookie noxleno's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargnani is way too cool to join that ragtag bunch.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a gut feeling everyone will be laughing at this once the season is over....

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Could someone please take this stupid Young Gunz name outside town, bury it in a hole and never speak of it again.

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote OTFP wrote: View Post
    Could someone please take this stupid Young Gunz name outside town, bury it in a hole and never speak of it again.
    C'mon it's not that bad after awhile. It's stuck anyway. It's no "Killer Bees" or "Banger Brothers"

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote minks77 wrote: View Post
    C'mon it's not that bad after awhile. It's stuck anyway. It's no "Killer Bees" or "Banger Brothers"
    Killer Bee's was beyond wack...........Devlin is wack as a game announcer as well bring back Swirsky- sick, wicked & nasty!!!!!
    Last edited by SirChillyMost; Fri Oct 1st, 2010 at 07:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
    Killer Bee's beyond was wack...........Devlin is wack as a game announcer as well bring back Swirsky- sick, wicked & nasty!!!!!
    Best part about Devlin is he reminds me of a BBall version of Michael Scott (The Office) only not as endearing. Swirsk was a homer but at least he wasn't just a bland company man like Leo and Matt.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Best part about Devlin is he reminds me of a BBall version of Michael Scott (The Office) only not as endearing. Swirsk was a homer but at least he wasn't just a bland company man like Leo and Matt.
    True, Swirsky could be a bit of a homer but he had a style all his own.....salami & onions!!!!

Matt & Leo suck as NBA announcers in my mind. I would rather hear Jonesy & Sherm call the Raptor games..

Post Thanks / Like

True, Swirsky could be a bit of a homer but he had a style all his own.....salami & onions!!!!

Matt & Leo suck as NBA announcers in my mind. I would rather hear Jonesy & Sherm call the Raptor games..
    I tried to listen to their radio broadcast while watching the game once only to discover it's delayed about 3 seconds. Would've been great, I hate Leo.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I tried to listen to their radio broadcast while watching the game once only to discover it's delayed about 3 seconds. Would've been great, I hate Leo.
    Time delays.......smh

Jack, Sherm & Jonesy is how I would try it...give Devlin the steel toe boot and relocate Leo to the Northern Territories.....lol

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Joey is filling out his YG'z application........

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Again, we're getting all excited about something in the pre-season, but last night he did certainly made a case for himself. I love Reggie, but I prefer keeping Joey over Evans now.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Joey is trying to state his case for making the roster and to be a YG. With more efforts like the 1 against Phx I can see him on the roster as well I like him moreso than Evans at this stage in their careers.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Young Guns = losing team

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Trife76 wrote: View Post
    Young Guns = losing team
    Just remember the YG'z(Jack, Amir, DeMar & Sonny) are just 4 of Raptor's players on the roster. To want to blame the YG'z if the Rap's lose alot of games this season is up to the individual- situation critical call the medical it's gonna take a miracle to save 'em- as is. At least the YG'z will make the upcoming season somewhat interesting and potentially fun to watch especially if TO doesn't make the playoffs.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Im not blaming anyone..i know what this team is....Im just not on this YG non sense,no offense to them but they are the nucleus of a bad team...they would never be the core of a half decent team.....theres a reason Weems never got off the bench in Denver and Amir in Detroit....im just sayin...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Trife76 wrote: View Post
    Im not blaming anyone..i know what this team is....Im just not on this YG non sense,no offense to them but they are the nucleus of a bad team...they would never be the core of a half decent team.....theres a reason Weems never got off the bench in Denver and Amir in Detroit....im just sayin...
    Sonny has been much better than anyone would have thought last preseason while Amir is what he is an energy guy to bring off the bench (imo).

They aren't the nucleus or core: Bargnani, Jose (until traded) & Kleiza are as TO has had a Euro (global) based basketball philosophy ever since BC took over. The YG'z are just 4 pieces of the Raptor puzzle.

Weems never got off the bench in Denver because of George Karl, whom isn't infalliable in his player evaluations and can be a sometimes be a real d*ck ie Doug Christie, Bobby Jackson, Eric Snow.....who all got the Weems treatment(Christie was basically starved out by Karl after being drafted by his home team Sonics then traded away) but proved that they could play in the NBA once they left George Karl's team.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Meh Sonny Weems is not a starter anywhere or even getting mins unless its a 15-20 win team with nobody else to play....Wait til we in mid January and were getting blown out every 4 outta 5 games.We still need guys to run out there and score in losses IE Sonny,Amir...thats why i dont get into this losing team nickname stuff lol.

When this team IF this team ever competes or contends it wont be on the backs of no young gunz,Hoe zay or Barn yanni...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Sonny has been much better than anyone would have thought last preseason while Amir is what he is an energy guy to bring off the bench (imo).

They aren't the nucleus or core: Bargnani, Jose (until traded) & Kleiza are as TO has had a Euro (global) based basketball philosophy ever since BC took over. The YG'z are just 4 pieces of the Raptor puzzle.

Weems never got off the bench in Denver because of George Karl, whom isn't infalliable in his player evaluations and can be a sometimes be a real d*ck ie Doug Christie, Bobby Jackson, Eric Snow.....who all got the Weems treatment(Christie was basically starved out by Karl after being drafted by his home team Sonics then traded away) but proved that they could play in the NBA once they left George Karl's team.
    lol cmon man you mentioned Eric Snow...as if Eric Snow was ever a front line decent PG....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information